West London tramps V Wall -Match thread.

Thought the QPR manager sussed how JE was trying to play and nullified it quite easily and JE could not counteract which is a concern, lack of experience maybe or maybe he does not trust his players to make tactical changes during a game.

Bad day at the office all round we were made to look poor against a poor side.
exactly. you could tell from about 10 minutes in this was the case. how he done it i am not sure but you could see quite early we were fucked.

JE is doing a lot of weighing up. All part of the new manager process. He will know who can adapt to his method and who can’t.
Edwards took the job knowing what he had to work with, no more Edwards can do no wrong and it's all the players fault.
In his half time talk he said
'“I spoke at length at half-time. I was very clear it wasn’t good enough and we needed to step up – I spoke to some individuals about that. But the message is that is absolutely nowhere near the level for us and we know that.'

Yet we kept the same formation, took off our only CF who had had very little service and kept on Mitchell and Honeyman that were creating very little when we have our 1st choice CM's on the bench.
I hope Edwards starts learning quickly or we will have another Warnock on our hands, someone who thinks he is perfect and there is an excuse for every time we don't win.
I know this season is over and he will be judged on next season but he does have to learn in the meantime, pretty football is fine when you are picking up points but we have to have a plan B that is effective,

thought the spurs lad was good when he came on
A couple of minutes after he came on we got a throw in which he tried to take but couldn’t understand why not one of our players wanted the ball. No one moved for it & no one looked like they wanted it. It took him nearly a minute before he threw the ball

A couple of minutes after he came on we got a throw in which he tried to take but couldn’t understand why not one of our players wanted the ball. No one moved for it & no one looked like they wanted it. It took him nearly a minute before he threw the ball
I can't believe the amount of times we loss the ball directly from OUR throw ins!!!

Edwards took the job knowing what he had to work with, no more Edwards can do no wrong and it's all the players fault.
In his half time talk he said
'“I spoke at length at half-time. I was very clear it wasn’t good enough and we needed to step up – I spoke to some individuals about that. But the message is that is absolutely nowhere near the level for us and we know that.'

Yet we kept the same formation, took off our only CF who had had very little service and kept on Mitchell and Honeyman that were creating very little when we have our 1st choice CM's on the bench.
I hope Edwards starts learning quickly or we will have another Warnock on our hands, someone who thinks he is perfect and there is an excuse for every time we don't win.
I know this season is over and he will be judged on next season but he does have to learn in the meantime, pretty football is fine when you are picking up points but we have to have a plan B that is effective,
I'm beginning to worry about JE's in game management!! I can't remember a sub he has made that has made ANY impact. When things ain't working (as was plainly obvious today) he doesn't seem to know what to do to change the way the game is going.
How on earth can he have watched 94 minutes of that performance and think De Norre, Saville and Esse couldn't have made a positive difference????

Two players that flatter to deceive- Billy and Flemming. The former wouldn’t get in a Sunday pub team off the OKR and the latter? Well 🤷‍♂️

JE is doing a lot of weighing up. All part of the new manager process. He will know who can adapt to his method and who can’t.
I listened to the first half on radio London and watched the second half at my neighbours/ mates. Commentator said we lacked urgency and he couldn't understand why we were still playing it out from the back and poorly at times when we were chasing the game and time was ticking away. Surley you'd only persist with that if you were winning and have enough players that can do so.

In any case every team in this division has to be able to mix, match and play to the players strengths. He never did that today. He has in games that we've won and drawn. The two subs just before 70 minutes were defenders for defenders when we were crying out for creativity, pace and someone to bring a bit of bite and leadership. Esse, De norre and Saville will always be more of a threat than Long, Wallace and the new defender that knows fuck all about how we play.

He may need help- new players in. But but but, there are 2,686 plus2 other reasons why that shouldn't have mattered today. Our fans - 2,686 of them singing themselves hoarse plus personal/ professional pride from the players. If a London Derby with a hostile edge to it can't get them going something is fucking wrong.

This lot hadn't won a game since the first week in December. Confidence low with both players and there fans so we fucking play in our own half and let them apply the press, control the flow and we regress even more. They grew in confidence and we looked like the side that was five points adrift in the bottom three. Relegation battles and derbies require bite and bollox. They are a war of attrition.

Last edited:
I listened to the first half on radio London and watched the second half at my neighbours/ mates. Commentator said we lacked urgency and he couldn't understand why we were still playing it out from the back and poorly at times when we were chasing the change and time ticking away. Surley you'd only persist with that if you were winning and have enough players that can do so.

In any case every team in this division has to be able to mix, match and play to the players strengths. He never did that today. He has in games that we've won and drawn. The two subs just before 70 minutes were defenders for defenders when we were crying out for creativity, pace and someone to bring a bit of bite and leadership. Esse, De norre and Saville will always be more of a threat than Long, Wallace and the new defender that knows fuck all about how we play.

He may need help- new players in. But but but, there are 2,686 plus2 other reasons why that shouldn't have mattered today. Our fans - 2,686 of them singing themselves hoarse plus personal/ professional pride from the players. If a London Derby with a hostile edge to it can't get them going something is fucking wrong.

This lot hadn't won a game since the first week in December. Confidence low with both players and there fans so we fucking play in our own half and let them apply the press, control the flow and we regress even more. They grew in confidence and we looked like the side that was five points adrift in the bottom three. Relegation battles and derbies require bite and bollox. They are a war of attrition.
Our fans were magnificent until they scored when slowly ferocious support changed to rage and at the end (when they approached to applaud us) the players were left in no doubt what we thought of them 🤬

According to "someone", friend of a friend scenario, they reckon the game was held up briefly due to missiles thrown from the 'wall section?
Apparently Sky reported this

He’s that good that he can’t get into a Div 4 Bradford side, so he’s been loaned to Div 4 Swindon? Turn it in
Leave him it's what he does. Last season it was Olafe that was the answer to our prayers but our tghen foolish manager who refused to listen to cranks of forums so we missed a trick and Olafe was shipped out Stockport via Sutton. His meltdowns when he throws his sheepskin out of the pram are priceless.

The realization that the messiah who is not the messiah isn't going to sign half of Chelsea youth is kicking in :grinning: From Harrods to poundland in less than 2 months :clap: I think the honeymoon period is over now.

Leave him it's what he does. Last season it was Olafe that was the answer to our prayers but our tghen foolish manager who refused to listen to cranks of forums so we missed a trick and Olafe was shipped out Stockport via Sutton. His meltdowns when he throws his sheepskin out of the pram are priceless.

The realization that the messiah who is not the messiah isn't going to sign half of Chelsea youth is kicking in :grinning: From Harrods to poundland in less than 2 months :clap: I think the honeymoon period is over now.
He's not the messiah..... he's Joe, a personal friend apparantly;)