West London tramps V Wall -Match thread.

According to "someone", friend of a friend scenario, they reckon the game was held up briefly due to missiles thrown from the 'wall section?
Apparently Sky reported this
Unfortunately that’s true, we’ll never rid ourselves of these idiots who will continue to drag our club’s Name through the mud 😞

I listened to the first half on radio London and watched the second half at my neighbours/ mates. Commentator said we lacked urgency and he couldn't understand why we were still playing it out from the back and poorly at times when we were chasing the change and time ticking away. Surley you'd only persist with that if you were winning and have enough players that can do so.

In any case every team in this division has to be able to mix, match and play to the players strengths. He never did that today. He has in games that we've won and drawn. The two subs just before 70 minutes were defenders for defenders when we were crying out for creativity, pace and someone to bring a bit of bite and leadership. Esse, De norre and Saville will always be more of a threat than Long, Wallace and the new defender that knows fuck all about how we play.

He may need help- new players in. But but but, there are 2,686 plus2 other reasons why that shouldn't have mattered today. Our fans - 2,686 of them singing themselves hoarse plus personal/ professional pride from the players. If a London Derby with a hostile edge to it can't get them going something is fucking wrong.

This lot hadn't won a game since the first week in December. Confidence low with both players and there fans so we fucking play in our own half and let them apply the press, control the flow and we regress even more. They grew in confidence and we looked like the side that was five points adrift in the bottom three. Relegation battles and derbies require bite and bollox. They are a war of attrition.

A fucking excellent post. I hope the manager reads this.

Been stewing on this defeat for 8 hours now and still massively fucked off.

To say I'm still not convinced by this manager is a huge understatement. Why the insipid performance? Why no changes at half-time in personnel or tactics? Put some players on who fight for fuck's sake. Saville and Murray. Inject some passion.

People digging out Billy again. What about Honeyman? He was anonymous. Giving Nisbet shit. Nisbet had one half chance in the entire game, He missed it badly, granted. But if you get him the ball in the box he can finish, he has proven that. We had two attempts at goal in the entire game against a piss poor team. That's not Nisbet's fault. People say he doesn't care, his attitude is bad. I don't buy it. He celebrates when others score. That isn't fake. Taking Nisbet off was a scapegoat move by the manager IMO.

Asking Wes and Cooper to play out from the back like that was stupid. Don't ask players to do things they can't. Edwards had a full week uninteruppted to prepare for the game and there was no fucking game plan at all. That is worrying.

Edwards needs to stop doing interviews saying what he's going to do and done and dropping names when he talks to the press. He constantly brings up Chelsea. Well, we're not Chelsea because we are fucking Millwall. That shit won't wash. Do your talking on the fucking pitch. That's where you earn your money and respect at this club.

And all the talk about giving him time and letting him bring his own players in to implement his style. He won't get any time with performances like today. A lot of these players - like it or not - have plenty of credit in the bank for what they've done in the past, Edwards hasn't. And we're Millwall. We can't turn over an entire playing staff based on a manager's philosophy. We're not Man City or Real Madrid.

Rant over and apologies for the length of the post.

We need Saville back in the starting lineup asap, it’s no coincidence that since his suspension we have struggled. I’m not saying that once he’s back everything will be rosy, obviously our problems run deeper than that but he does give us a lot more bite and leadership in the middle of the pitch, something that was severely lacking in yesterday’s abject performance.

Been stewing on this defeat for 8 hours now and still massively fucked off.

To say I'm still not convinced by this manager is a huge understatement. Why the insipid performance? Why no changes at half-time in personnel or tactics? Put some players on who fight for fuck's sake. Saville and Murray. Inject some passion.

People digging out Billy again. What about Honeyman? He was anonymous. Giving Nisbet shit. Nisbet had one half chance in the entire game, He missed it badly, granted. But if you get him the ball in the box he can finish, he has proven that. We had two attempts at goal in the entire game against a piss poor team. That's not Nisbet's fault. People say he doesn't care, his attitude is bad. I don't buy it. He celebrates when others score. That isn't fake. Taking Nisbet off was a scapegoat move by the manager IMO.

Asking Wes and Cooper to play out from the back like that was stupid. Don't ask players to do things they can't. Edwards had a full week uninteruppted to prepare for the game and there was no fucking game plan at all. That is worrying.

Edwards needs to stop doing interviews saying what he's going to do and done and dropping names when he talks to the press. He constantly brings up Chelsea. Well, we're not Chelsea because we are fucking Millwall. That shit won't wash. Do your talking on the fucking pitch. That's where you earn your money and respect at this club.

And all the talk about giving him time and letting him bring his own players in to implement his style. He won't get any time with performances like today. A lot of these players - like it or not - have plenty of credit in the bank for what they've done in the past, Edwards hasn't. And we're Millwall. We can't turn over an entire playing staff based on a manager's philosophy. We're not Man City or Real Madrid.

Rant over and apologies for the length of the post.
Post of the year!!

According to their commentators we had Joey Barton playing left wing back for us. He also described us as the enemy. Squealed like a little girl when they scored too. At least Max and Karl try to be even handed.
Also hasn’t Andy Sinton got a strange voice? I found it very nauseating and exacerbated by his biased commentary.

I had to laugh about yesterday (eventually).
There has been plenty of hype in the press/media with the JE interviews, and there was great expectations leading up to the game yesterday...

The Standard:
"Take a closer look at their football (Millwall), though, and there is a quiet transformation taking place in south London."

Talk about turning up at The Lord Mayor's Show with no clothes on...
:slap: :ROFLMAO:

I haven't posted on here for a while but other than his first game in charge I have not seen anything from Edwards that makes me think he was rhe right choice, the cheap choice? Definitely, but not the right one. Even in the run over Xmas they weren't convincing wins or performances. Relegation is seriously on the cards unless the board can admit they made a mistake and make the right change now.

I had to laugh about yesterday (eventually).
There has been plenty of hype in the press/media with the JE interviews, and there was great expectations leading up to the game yesterday...

The Standard:
"Take a closer look at their football (Millwall), though, and there is a quiet transformation taking place in south London."

Talk about turning up at The Lord Mayor's Show with no clothes on...
:slap: :ROFLMAO:

It’s really strange, there seems to be a lot of positivity around the club with the noticeable increase in attendances, new manager with a new philosophy, being linked with some decent players, new scouts and a general feeling that we are on the up. Until of course the actual fucking match starts and the gradual realisation that we are just as shit as we always was.

We need Saville back in the starting lineup asap, it’s no coincidence that since his suspension we have struggled. I’m not saying that once he’s back everything will be rosy, obviously our problems run deeper than that but he does give us a lot more bite and leadership in the middle of the pitch, something that was severely lacking in yesterday’s abject performance.
Correct he is our mr Millwall, passionate constructive motivator. 3 games out 3 defeats. He is bloody horrible to play against. As for subs yesterday, we do not know their fitness levels.

I haven't posted on here for a while but other than his first game in charge I have not seen anything from Edwards that makes me think he was rhe right choice, the cheap choice? Definitely, but not the right one. Even in the run over Xmas they weren't convincing wins or performances. Relegation is seriously on the cards unless the board can admit they made a mistake and make the right change now.
Choosing Joe might have been the cheaper option but look at the other candidates, Beale doing nothing At Sunderland, Jones still has no job, Muscat I believe has moved on but to who I don’t know, then we was scrapping the Barrel with Warnock. Unless you have a budget and can poach another teams manager we have to look at the other options, don’t think we have poached another teams manager since Lomas from St Johnston. We have seen enough that we can play and confident we will stay up, our team has aging players that need moving on so come the summer we will see big changes and Joe’s team. Lack of budget against teams that have been in premier league is beginning to really show now so we are where we are in a tough league.

Choosing Joe might have been the cheaper option but look at the other candidates, Beale doing nothing At Sunderland, Jones still has no job, Muscat I believe has moved on but to who I don’t know, then we was scrapping the Barrel with Warnock. Unless you have a budget and can poach another teams manager we have to look at the other options, don’t think we have poached another teams manager since Lomas from St Johnston. We have seen enough that we can play and confident we will stay up, our team has aging players that need moving on so come the summer we will see big changes and Joe’s team. Lack of budget against teams that have been in premier league is beginning to really show now so we are where we are in a tough league.
Spot on mate, patience. We’re gonna get good and bad. It’s frustrating, ask Robbo🤣. But let’s embrace the transition period.

It’s really strange, there seems to be a lot of positivity around the club with the noticeable increase in attendances, new manager with a new philosophy, being linked with some decent players, new scouts and a general feeling that we are on the up. Until of course the actual fucking match starts and the gradual realisation that we are just as shit as we always was.

After all the hype before yesterday, and from our historical (and recent) Millwall experiences, I think quite a few of us knew what was coming next, and by the look on some of the players faces when they trotted out for kick-off...so did they.
:grinning:

As everyone else ,we all have our opinions. It creates debate