West Kingsdown

It is and will go a long way in tempting players to join us.

This. The club are upping it’s game with the grassroots, football academies and all that. This facility will take us to the next level and that success will mean we will won’t be forced out of our patch in SE16, not until the lease is up at least.

This. The club are upping it’s game with the grassroots, football academies and all that. This facility will take us to the next level and that success will mean we will won’t be forced out of our patch in SE16, not until the lease is up at least.
There's been so much stability at the club, forward planning and postivity that sometimes i think i'm supporting Charlton*

Hopefully it’ll have a retention centre (prison 😉) to prevent promising youngsters upping and leaving before they sign contracts that will either keep them at the club or ensure Millwall receive appropriate recompense 🙏

Last edited:
can only pray that it wouldn't be any plan at all. i was even a bit miffed that they moved the training ground out of south london. the whole point of millwall is that they are an inner city South East London football club. i'd turn my back on them in an instant if they moved.

people always assume that there's not a lot of millwall fans left in this corner of london - that is catagorical bollocks, there are i would say still 10s of thousands living with 10 miles of the den.
Yep Born in Camberwell then out to Eltham and now Bexley. Wherever to club is based (except Milton Keynes) I would support them. Theres a lot of Wall out in Kent. Lewisham are a bunch of snides. Its clear they dont want our ground in the middle of their new utopia where they can cream off some cash for their personal tucker bags. They are still smarting that their last money making scheme got pulled.

Yep Born in Camberwell then out to Eltham and now Bexley. Wherever to club is based (except Milton Keynes) I would support them. Theres a lot of Wall out in Kent. Lewisham are a bunch of snides. Its clear they dont want our ground in the middle of their new utopia where they can cream off some cash for their personal tucker bags. They are still smarting that their last money making scheme got pulled.
Lewisham council have other ways of grabbing your money. Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) schemes. Here is one example.:
In just a year, more than 17,500 fines totalling £2.2million were handed out to drivers in Dermody Road, MyLondon reported.

One man was issued with 58 fines after unknowingly using the road to deliver food to a homeless shelter.

These residents are only ‘devastated’ by the building of our training complex, because they’re worried as to how much it will effect their house prices, and how much money they might lose on a sale!

The article reeks of ‘Me! Me! Me!‘ from these residents, all of them pissed off because they’re not getting some of the gravy train they think the training complex might bring to them and the area!

And as for poor old Brian being so ‘devastated’ (those residents love using that word, don’t they?) that “I’ll have another stroke, I think!” (glibly making a comment like that as though he’s just nonchalantly ordered a 2nd pint at his local pub), then sorry, if you think words like that are meant to tug on people’s heart strings, you’re very much mistaken - because they won’t!

Time waits for no man, and neither does the march of progress - something these sleepy villagers seem to have forgotten!

Brian’s probably a disgruntled spotter anyway! 🤣

One of my customers lives in the area and went to a couple of the resident meetings about the development and he said the vast majority were in favour of it. This article has hand picked a couple of miserable old nimbys with nothing better to do than have a moan.
Those people need to be careful what they wish for.
Would you rather have a sports ground, well maintained and professionally run opposite your house, or a housing estate with 1500 houses?
It's a no brainer for me.

These residents are only ‘devastated’ by the building of our training complex, because they’re worried as to how much it will effect their house prices, and how much money they might lose on a sale!

The article reeks of ‘Me! Me! Me!‘ from these residents, all of them pissed off because they’re not getting some of the gravy train they think the training complex might bring to them and the area!

And as for poor old Brian being so ‘devastated’ (those residents love using that word, don’t they?) that “I’ll have another stroke, I think!” (glibly making a comment like that as though he’s just nonchalantly ordered a 2nd pint at his local pub), then sorry, if you think words like that are meant to tug on people’s heart strings, you’re very much mistaken - because they won’t!

Time waits for no man, and neither does the march of progress - something these sleepy villagers seem to have forgotten!

Brian’s probably a disgruntled spotter anyway! 🤣
Don't think it will effect their house prices at all, if they were building a mosque it would, chances are further down the line some players might buy one of the houses to be close to the training ground.