West Kingsdown

Lioninwinter

The land bought by Millwall for our new training ground is a substantial bit of land at the back of Brands Hatch on one side and the M20 on the other. It is currently going through the planning stage. Friends of ours live in West Kingsdown, and their view is they would rather have a training facility than a housing estate.
With the negotiations, apparently not progressing with Lewisham on our lease extension, at the Den, could it be possible that we may end up with a new stadium at West Kingsdown. Difficult place to get to, with limited transport links but with the M20 so close, could this be a plan B if the Den is not developed?

The land bought by Millwall for our new training ground is a substantial bit of land at the back of Brands Hatch on one side and the M20 on the other. It is currently going through the planning stage. Friends of ours live in West Kingsdown, and their view is they would rather have a training facility than a housing estate.
With the negotiations, apparently not progressing with Lewisham on our lease extension, at the Den, could it be possible that we may end up with a new stadium at West Kingsdown. Difficult place to get to, with limited transport links but with the M20 so close, could this be a plan B if the Den is not developed?
can only pray that it wouldn't be any plan at all. i was even a bit miffed that they moved the training ground out of south london. the whole point of millwall is that they are an inner city South East London football club. i'd turn my back on them in an instant if they moved.

people always assume that there's not a lot of millwall fans left in this corner of london - that is catagorical bollocks, there are i would say still 10s of thousands living with 10 miles of the den.

Rio Ferdinand did a half decent program about all the footballers that come out of South London. Ok, most of them slip through our fingers but how many more kids wouldn’t be able to travel to West Kingsdown to train?

people always assume that there's not a lot of millwall fans left in this corner of london - that is catagorical bollocks, there are i would say still 10s of thousands living with 10 miles of the den.
They'd be wrong to assume, i'm pretty sure that the majority of our season ticket holders still have a se london postcode.

We have a long lease of over 90 years. I doubt many councils would want us, it'd be more hassle with very little in it for them.

Lewisham Council being obstructive - never!!!