West Kingsdown

As mentioned before I have friends who live in West Kingsdown, they tell me that those against the project are in the minority. The majority would rather have the training ground than a housing estate. West Kingsdown borders Brands Hatch, most weekends something is happening there, the noise and the traffic is what you would expect at a motor circuit.

One of my customers lives in the area and went to a couple of the resident meetings about the development and he said the vast majority were in favour of it.
I read an article a while back which said the locals were all for it. I did doubt what i read yesterday, more so when i see a picture of them.

This article has hand picked a couple of miserable old nimbys with nothing better to do than have a moan.

1669219566493.png

The local shops and pubs will make a bundle out of this. They obviously think thousands of wall will turn up shag their women and drink their beer. There will also be jobs for locals, cleaners, kitchen staff etc.

no matter how shabby the OKR looks these days, the idea of playing off a major motorway in the kent countryside is 10xs more unappealing.
The OKR is like a scene from some african ghetto , all fast food chicken shops , barbers open all h and open air supermarkets , and not one decent pub anywhere.

The land bought by Millwall for our new training ground is a substantial bit of land at the back of Brands Hatch on one side and the M20 on the other. It is currently going through the planning stage. Friends of ours live in West Kingsdown, and their view is they would rather have a training facility than a housing estate.
With the negotiations, apparently not progressing with Lewisham on our lease extension, at the Den, could it be possible that we may end up with a new stadium at West Kingsdown. Difficult place to get to, with limited transport links but with the M20 so close, could this be a plan B if the Den is not developed?
We would never get planning permission to build a stadium there.

The land bought by Millwall for our new training ground is a substantial bit of land at the back of Brands Hatch on one side and the M20 on the other. It is currently going through the planning stage. Friends of ours live in West Kingsdown, and their view is they would rather have a training facility than a housing estate.
With the negotiations, apparently not progressing with Lewisham on our lease extension, at the Den, could it be possible that we may end up with a new stadium at West Kingsdown. Difficult place to get to, with limited transport links but with the M20 so close, could this be a plan B if the Den is not developed?
That'll be all you need on your next track day - getting airborne into Dingle Dell and having one of Bart's errant goal kicks bouncing across the circuit in front of you...

She’s a looker.
‘MILLWALL chief executive Steve Kavanagh is refusing to set deadlines on when plans for a new training ground might advance.
Kavanagh said Millwall may have to get “inventive” to help keep things moving and insists the new training ground remains “critically important”.

He told NewsAtDen: “Everyone in the world at the moment is aware of inflation and what’s happening in the world. We’ve been hampered, to an extent, by that. And we’re trying to make sure we can get plans flowing and moving forward. But these things cost a substantial amount of money and that’s gone up with inflation.‘
Or does James B have better things to do with his money - like buying players?
Tough choices ahead??