Welcome Back

Leaving the rules with those above my pay grade (so everyone!) to do this time, so they will return.

Most is common sense really, call each other names, no one else!

I am not at liberty to add anything to the statement from Vital and have nothing to add anyway other than I know myself and @mamalion did keep trying and were ignored, the last resort was taken. My fault, probably, being a bit soft, giving a rebuke, then never banning (7 day bans etc) as I just don't like that sort of moderating really. But needs doing.

When you get to the stage when the legend that is @mamalion doesn't feel comfortable on her own site, that says it all.

So what are the rules of what and cannot be said?

Anyone wanting to join the forum should need either a seconder or quote a season ticket or membership number. Also keep it all private so no nosey parkers can see anything at all.

Yes, appreciated this suggestion via email. I think you are right, members should be able to second for someone wanting to join. Be a way to keep the troll twerp away as well.

Registration is currently closed. Each time we opened it, he was back and spoiling things.

Not sure if this should be closed all the time, as a football forum, we can see how things go I guess. If the majority of you want it closed, and Vital agree to that as well, we could do it.

Leaving the rules with those above my pay grade (so everyone!) to do this time, so they will return.

Most is common sense really, call each other names, no one else!

I am not at liberty to add anything to the statement from Vital and have nothing to add anyway other than I know myself and @mamalion did keep trying and were ignored, the last resort was taken. My fault, probably, being a bit soft, giving a rebuke, then never banning (7 day bans etc) as I just don't like that sort of moderating really. But needs doing.

When you get to the stage when the legend that is @mamalion doesn't feel comfortable on her own site, that says it all.

Wot he said. I didn't notice anything particularly outrageous, apart from a rather ridiculous post about the female tennis player. But my opinions on what is acceptable are neither here nor there.

Someone has to take responsibility for deciding what is, and what is not acceptable. Moreover that person has to spend ages trawling through threads, issuing warnings, deleting posts and then dealing with the inevitable drama of 'where's my post gone?' It's not a particularly enjoyable experience especially when the club and the OB start getting involved and you're wondering whether you're going to get tangled up in legal disputes through no fault of your own.

I think perhaps we tend to view 'Vital' as some kind of computer or robot who does these things automatically. Actually, as the Fear has said, it's Mamalion and Jonathan who get the hassle.

I don't like the idea of surrendering to the 'woke' brigade, but culture wars are not won by being offensive for the sake of it. Most of the country agree with what most of us are saying, but we need to say it in the right way.

Yes, appreciated this suggestion via email. I think you are right, members should be able to second for someone wanting to join. Be a way to keep the troll twerp away as well.

Registration is currently closed. Each time we opened it, he was back and spoiling things.

Not sure if this should be closed all the time, as a football forum, we can see how things go I guess. If the majority of you want it closed, and Vital agree to that as well, we could do it.
That’s all well and good mate but what about a couple of the brain dead fuckwits already here? The ones who never post but only do to be controversial. Lion……something for starters. obviously a massive cunt but still pisses so many off on here.

A 1965 Morris 1100 (Old English White) has been parked across the road from my house over the last few weeks.

I assume I'm under surveillance for that remark I made on here about Caress A Dick.

I though we'ed been cancelled ......... so, are we Building Back Better?

:grinning:
Do the French police know who caressa dick is Paris.

I tried HOF too as i noticed a few slip in there......... hadn't been there for years since the vouch in system.
Have to say i was a bit pissed without any statement offered and the site just closing - and leaving no other option.
It's hard when you're overseas and the blokes you chat to privately you only contact via mail in here for a chinwag.

I tried HOF too as i noticed a few slip in there......... hadn't been there for years since the vouch in system.
Have to say i was a bit pissed without any statement offered and the site just closing - and leaving no other option.
It's hard when you're overseas and the blokes you chat to privately you only contact via mail in here for a chinwag.

I'd hardly regard Canvey Island as overseas, mate.

:grinning:

That’s all well and good mate but what about a couple of the brain dead fuckwits already here? The ones who never post but only do to be controversial. Lion……something for starters. obviously a massive cunt but still pisses so many off on here.

Well that is where members can help to be fair mate. We have had so many problems with the Troll, we have blocked many others who tried to register (and registration is closed at the moment again) but we can't tell all the problem posters. It is up to members to let Mama/me know if there is a problem. By pm is better. Rather than jumping into threads.

It isn't telling tales, or grassing either, it is helping keep the forum in line with what regulars want.

It does also mean being patient if and when we do re-open registration with new users to give them time to see if they are ok or not!