Watmore

I'm really surprised to hear negatives about Watmore. I don't think I've ever questioned his commitment, in fact I think most games I remark about how much running he does. When he played under Edwards he used to make a lot of space for others with his runs. Did his fair share of running back too. Always keeps going until the final whistle.

Granted, he's not Pele, but if he was he wouldn't be playing for us. If I was to compare him, even though they are different types of players, to say Obafemi, although Obafemi would trump Watmore in terms of ability, in my book Watmore fucks all over Obafemi in terms of effort and commitment.

Funny how we all see things differently.

Some real bad stuff being spewed on here tonight.
Apparently.we've got a team riddled with Cowards, Bottle Jobs and Pony. This is counter- productive Bollocks... Whatever our respective opinions, we must muster fair and square behind the Team and it's Management for the remaining games.
Like it or not, Harris has been brought in to do a specific job, and with a depleted squad. Right now he ain't doing too bad imo. Or would you prefer to go back to Edwards for the last 6 games?
I care what he did against West Brom, because he was the only player with the composure to score. He works his socks off, and gives the oppo a game every week. He’s about our level, as is many others in the team.

I see nothing to really complain about regarding Watmore. He's direct, travels with the ball well, gets us from deep inside our own half to way up the pitch in no time at all. People moan because Mitchell is a backwards or sideways player, but when we have someone being very direct we see fit to moan at them also. Nobody said he was awesome. He offers something that alot don't do.. travels well with the ball. I see some people say he doesn't tackle, I'm not sure you'll find an awful lot of forwards or wing players that would put there foot in.. it's not a predominant feature of that position.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, however. Just get behind each and every one if them for the last few games of the season, they'll need our togetherness more than any bitching at games about them. Just saying. Each to their own.

Some real bad stuff being spewed on here tonight.
Apparently.we've got a team riddled with Cowards, Bottle Jobs and Pony.
It's not just here mate. On other platforms Rowett is still being blamed for where we are now. Apparently he over loaded the team with aging players, done nothing to replace Afobe, only bought his mates, only bought ageing midfielders and left the club in the lurch on purpose.

It's Longs fault that we missed out on the top six and had Bart not been dropped ( for good reason in my opinion)we'd have been promoted. Rowett was also going to get us relegated this season had he stayed. If you try to debate those points you're a Rowett lover, know nothing about football and don't go to games.

Almost all of Rowetts signings were shit. If they're half decent it was Aldo's signing. Sarkic was shit. Rowetts fault. He had a few decent games and guess who's signing he was :grinning: yep Aldo's. Now Rowett has gone the players declared shit by the mongs are now Aldo's doing. It's also Harris's signings that got us into the top six and nothing to do with Rowett. Unless when we lose of course.

I've pointed out that Rowett got us to healthy finishes in a money driven league and that we were 45 minutes from a play off spot. The standard reply is that it was all a fluke, we were lucky and had he stayed we'd be relegated this season. No amount of facts matter to them. It's akin to denial and bordering on delusion.

You can post up stats/ results to support your claim but they're usually greeted with ignorance and are dismissed as meaningless. Which is no surprise really cause they're contradicting what's being debated. Those doing the shouting will never ever concede a point or back down even when they are clearly wrong.

The knicker wetting, pessimism, knee jerk reactions, need for a scapegoat, eagerness and speed that fans turn on the manager and team after a defeat is fucking unreal. If i got that angry and had to resort to lying because of my dislike for a player/ manager or after a defeat i'd fucking turn it in and find something better to do with my Saturdays.

I'm really surprised to hear negatives about Watmore.
It'll be someone else next week mate unless we win. I'll go for Mitchell. He hasn't been taken apart or slagged off for nearly two weeks now. If he doesn't play i'll go for Sarkic who's to blame for us not being able to convert more than one of our 20 odd chances created at Rotherham.

Be funny if Watmore gets the match winner Saturday.

In fairness, I have never rated him for us, with what we are reportedly paying him I don’t think he’s anywhere near the level. Have to be so careful with budgets & wouldn’t be suprised if he is eventually released.

It'll be someone else next week mate unless we win. I'll go for Mitchell. He hasn't been taken apart or slagged off for nearly two weeks now. If he doesn't play i'll go for Sarkic who's to blame for us not being able to convert more than one of our 20 odd chances created at Rotherham.
It's funny you say that, because a few weeks back there were some fellas sitting somewhere behind me that were having a right old dig at Billy... They were repeatedly calling him 'lazy' and 'useless'... Now if you were being really harsh you could criticise Billy on not possessing Maradonna-esque technique and being a bit side to side with his passing, but one thing you can never accuse Billy of is being 'lazy'. He is box to box all game long. He never fucking stops.

Watmore is supposed to constantly beat the opposition full back but Bryan must never let the opposition past him about sums up the constant criticism.

6th biggest division in the world and being part of it with a family pumping in the 39m every 3 seasons is not enough for some.
Even a full house has the wrong types in it.

Harris out and fold the club.

I honestly don’t mind Watmore , one of our only players who runs with the ball and gets us up the pitch.

If I had to choose any one of our players who I would want to see get on the end of a through ball and a one on one with the keeper, he would be the one.

Members online