Wall V Ipswich Match thread

If we do go down, and it is an if at the moment, what’s to say JB jnr might think “Fuck this for a laugh”?
I think they are thinking this already tbh, they have just realised they have appointed a complete cunt of a manager, the players are equally cunts showing no desire to win. Something seriously wrong in the dressing room. Going down will be a disaster and will take at least 5 years to get back up if at all. Even the players think we are already relegated which shows a real cuntish attitude. Have a feeling Jedward may go after the weekend after the loss to Wednesday.

How anyone can blame Edwards for this is beyond me.
I will. Same tactics and the same outcome. Five defeats and he can't remedy it or see what most of already know. If's it's not working why is he persisting with what he's demanding? He keeps going on about what the data suggested. Perhaps he plays to what the suits the players rather than his text book ideals. He took the job in full knowledge of our squad. He's made it worse.

I will. Same tactics and the same outcome. Five defeats and he can't remedy it or see what most of already know. If's it's not working why is he persisting with what he's demanding? He keeps going on about what the data suggested. Perhaps he plays to what the suits the players rather than his text book ideals. He took the job in full knowledge of our squad. He's made it worse.

I said in another post as usual using more words and you have done so succinctly.

In his post-match interview he apologised for the performance but didn't take responsibility himself and blamed individual errors.

He picks the players. He instructs the players. He tells them the game plan. He chooses the tactics. He takes the team-talks. His job is to motivate the players. That is literally the job of the manager. It's on the players too, no question. But the man at the top is where it all starts and finishes.

Because if you watch the move Cooper wasn’t marking Moore. He’d already come across to cover someone at the near post and was ten yards away.
Harding (5ft 11) left it to Leonard (6ft 1) and the rest is history.
Just because Leonard is one of our best players it doesn’t mean he doesn’t make mistakes and surely we can point them out when he does?
Not defending Leonard. Agree with your comments on him. But it still makes no sense to desert their CF by Cooper, unless he's forgotten how to do his. Job, or been told it's o.k.

JE is not the answer for me, in truth he never was.
The art of managing staff in any area, is that you do not ask them to do, what they can't do, or what there not trained to do. They soon become overwhelmed and mistakes happen, leading to a loss of confidence and an ever increasing spiral.
He's had bad luck, injuries have hampered him just as he seemed to have found a winning formula, however he has proved totally unable to adapt. His inexperience is laid bare constantly, too, as he is outmanoeverd by other coaches, such as last night.

In his post-match interview he apologised for the performance but didn't take responsibility himself and blamed individual errors.

He has started doing this after recent games. We all know that most players can't take public criticism well without getting the hump, it affects the already damaged morale and confidence. That's when players start to lose trust in managers.

When there is trust and belief in a manager, teams can eventually turn terrible bad runs around, or at least dig out occasion wins, when they don't, it usually ends with a manager getting the boot.

I have built and managed many teams (not football) they get all the praise when they do a good job if they make mistakes I am the one that takes the criticism from above that is what I am paid to do.

I always nurture what they are good at and spend time developing them so they can add more skills and experience. After a while and when their confidence grows they thrive doing work outside the box.

A leader leads from the front a manager blames others when things go wrong

I am home and had a cup of tea and what pisses me off the most is I ain’t even got the hump despite an atrocious evening at the Den

Out played where Ipswich looked like they had 15 players on the pitch and we had two

Out fought all over the pitch

Shambolic defending the worse keeper I have ever seen

The worse atmosphere I have ever sat through where we sounded like 50 away fans

Ipswich fans taking the piss

No leadership or game plan or desire on the pitch

5 at the back and one up front with no support or players running off him

Hoof ball to short striker

No one taking a gamble

How the fuck have I not got the hump and that’s what is worrying me the most
Make you right and im feeling the same way, Cant recoginse this team from the one that fought tooth and nail for a really good win at Bristol City on new years day 8 weeks ago??

think we are doomed

This is Murphy’s Law in action! (Google it if you’re not sure what it is 😉)
From JE “Mistakes which … and this isn’t me putting it on the players because we’re all in it together … but there’s some individual defensive mistakes at the moment that’s just costing us. We’re in that rut where we’re the makers of our own downfall to a point and also we’re in a rut where everything that can go against is going against us and any mistake does end up in the back of the net.”

Bring in god, he would struggle with the players and circumstances.
Rowett didn't have this struggle with these players or the ones that have since left and were worse than this lot. Harris didn't struggle like this either with worse players.
Time to realise that Edwards isn't currently showing he can do the job of a Championship manager.
He might well survive this period and go on to improve but the blame for the last few weeks has to be laid at Edwards/Meyers door.

I watched his interview last night and as right as he is to point out individual mistakes, not once did he mention the lack of fight/heart/desire/spirit and a personal and collective pride that is clearly fucking missing. People will make mistakes, that’s a given, but the characteristics above are the basic fundamentals of a professional footballer. And that’s the most worrying thing for me

I watched his interview last night and as right as he is to point out individual mistakes, not once did he mention the lack of fight/heart/desire/spirit and a personal and collective pride that is clearly fucking missing. People will make mistakes, that’s a given, but the characteristics above are the basic fundamentals of a professional footballer. And that’s the most worrying thing for me

This I agree with 100% and you have helped me understand my frustrations

It’s the fact we rolled over and had no fight and accepted the defeat from the first goal.

I have seen us get tonked loads of times over the years but lack of desire and fight was a fucking disgrace last night

I am finding it hard to remember the last time I saw 95% of the players deflate like last night and accept their lot

That is not a South Londoners way we get kicked in the bollocks or get knocked out but we get up and go again to see our Millwall not have that ethos is a fucking disgrace

This I agree with 100% and you have helped me understand my frustrations

It’s the fact we rolled over and had no fight and accepted the defeat from the first goal.

I have seen us get tonked loads of times over the years but lack of desire and fight was a fucking disgrace last night

I am finding it hard to remember the last time I saw 95% of the players deflate like last night and accept their lot

That is not a South Londoners way we get kicked in the bollocks or get knocked out but we get up and go again to see our Millwall not have that ethos is a fucking disgrace
Spot on. I can handle losing, it happens.

But a total lack of fight is unacceptable. I hope some of the players read this site, but if they don't, and we play like that again on Saturday, then they will (rightly imho) get slaughtered.