Wall V Blackburn match thread Tuesday 7.45 ko.

Watched Sky highlights and it looks like BNC played their player onside for their first. Also, confirmed Emakhu got caught wrong side of the player who laid the ball back - a repeat of the build up to Preston’s goal on Saturday 🤦‍♂️

I managed a boys team from U9 to U11 and one of the first things I taught them about defending was balls don’t score goals, players do, so it’s important to watch the player and not solely the ball. Someone needs to take Emakhu aside and drum this into his head.
Just watched the highlights again and you’re right BNC played him on. Their second by Britain was his first in 4 years - it could only happen to us! 🤷‍♂️

Watched Sky highlights and it looks like BNC played their player onside for their first. Also, confirmed Emakhu got caught wrong side of the player who laid the ball back - a repeat of the build up to Preston’s goal on Saturday 🤦‍♂️

I managed a boys team from U9 to U11 and one of the first things I taught them about defending was balls don’t score goals, players do, so it’s important to watch the player and not solely the ball. Someone needs to take Emakhu aside and drum this into his head.
Take him for a round of golf. Then you'll have all day to tell him what you think! :grinning:

Emakhu has great potential on the attack. However, he's got to learn to defend too(unless he's going to be an out and out forward, perhaps). He got turned fairly easily for the second goal too, gave the attacker far too much space.

I don’t get why Billy M gets slated so much. He is always willing to accept the ball, unlike many in our team, so by default he is always moving into space, yes he does play it back often, but it's difficult to play forward when there is no movement in the team. If the rest of the team had the engine and work rate of both Mitchell and Bradshaw we may be better off..
Sure Mitchell isn't going to get you a hatful of goals,but neither is he going to put you in trouble and he will be there to help dig you out when someone else does..
Yes Saville is a better player, but his legs aren't up to it anymore..

I don’t get why Billy M gets slated so much. He is always willing to accept the ball, unlike many in our team, so by default he is always moving into space, yes he does play it back often, but it's difficult to play forward when there is no movement in the team. If the rest of the team had the engine and work rate of both Mitchell and Bradshaw we may be better off..
Sure Mitchell isn't going to get you a hatful of goals,but neither is he going to put you in trouble and he will be there to help dig you out when someone else does..
So glad to read someone else on here that rates Billy. To me he does just what he's told to do, breaks up the oppo's forward momentum, and does it well. Having won the ball, he looks for a call or options, that's where our problems start. Both Billy and Sav are very one-footed, which prevents simple substitution.
Overall I thought Billy had a good game and Hats off to Bart who prevented a cricket score with some top drawer saves.

I don’t get why Billy M gets slated so much. He is always willing to accept the ball, unlike many in our team, so by default he is always moving into space, yes he does play it back often, butjj

it's difficult to play forward when there is no movement in the team. If the rest of the team had the engine and work rate of both Mitchell and Bradshaw we may be better off..

Perhaps you should share your wisdom with him Purley. 😉
On the subject of 1-2s, for a couple of seasons I've been concerned on 2 fronts:

1. Despite our, until recently, good defensive record we have struggled to stop them (e.g. Blackburn last night and Coventry everytime we play them):slap:
2. We don't seem capable of playing them. The most penetrative way of opening up defences :hmmm:

If the coaching team could deal with this, I think we would become a totally, and more challenging, proposition!

You're wasted on MO, mate. I don't mean you are drunk, but you should be performing at 'SoGymnase Comedy Club...'
:ROFLMAO:
I know. It's a sorry day when you have to explain your jokes, but one mustn't blame the audience.
It's not their fault if their brains are slower than mine. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool: