Two Ejected From Ground Today

If this actually goes to court it's fucking nuts. What's to stop them summoning you to court next time you chuck a wanker sign at the ref or opposition? Or if you swear at them? The whole ethos of a football crowd is partly built around harassment of the opposition. Madness.
They will be fined at most.

Section 4 of the Act applies where there is a fear or provocation of violence. The offence involves the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, such that another person either feared violence or it provoked them to use violence. It is a summary only offence which means it is dealt with in the Magistrates Court. The maximum sentence is 6 months BUT if the offence is racially aggravated then the case can be sent to the Crown Court and the maximum sentence is 2 years imprisonment.

Section 4A of the Act involves the intentional causing of harassment, alarm or distress. This means that the offender must intend to cause harassment, alarm or distress to another person and must act in a way that is abusive, threatening or insulting. It can be committed using words or behaviour. An example of this is shouting abuse towards another person intending that they feel insulted.

This offence is dealt with the in the Magistrates Court, with a maximum of 6 months custody and, as with Section 4 offences, if the offence is racially aggravated the Crown Court can impose a 2 year sentence.

Section 5 of the Act is covers the use of words, behaviour, gestures of signs where the defendant is aware that someone may be within hearing distance. This offence is very different from Section 4 and 4A because there doesn’t need to be any intention to cause harassment, alarm or distress. There is a defence that the behaviour was reasonable in the circumstances.

This offence is committed very regularly, even by swearing in the street. It can only be dealt with the Magistrates Court and the maximum sentence is a fine.

Section 4 of the Act applies where there is a fear or provocation of violence. The offence involves the use of threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, such that another person either feared violence or it provoked them to use violence. It is a summary only offence which means it is dealt with in the Magistrates Court. The maximum sentence is 6 months BUT if the offence is racially aggravated then the case can be sent to the Crown Court and the maximum sentence is 2 years imprisonment.

Section 4A of the Act involves the intentional causing of harassment, alarm or distress. This means that the offender must intend to cause harassment, alarm or distress to another person and must act in a way that is abusive, threatening or insulting. It can be committed using words or behaviour. An example of this is shouting abuse towards another person intending that they feel insulted.

This offence is dealt with the in the Magistrates Court, with a maximum of 6 months custody and, as with Section 4 offences, if the offence is racially aggravated the Crown Court can impose a 2 year sentence.

Section 5 of the Act is covers the use of words, behaviour, gestures of signs where the defendant is aware that someone may be within hearing distance. This offence is very different from Section 4 and 4A because there doesn’t need to be any intention to cause harassment, alarm or distress. There is a defence that the behaviour was reasonable in the circumstances.

This offence is committed very regularly, even by swearing in the street. It can only be dealt with the Magistrates Court and the maximum sentence is a fine.

Impressive. That is more homework than I did in my whole time at school. :grinning:

Tragedy chanting is now a thing and probably what our idiot will be charged with.

Potentially a fine and criminal record coming the way of anyone who says anything nasty to the opposition supporters or players, or our own for that matter. Football is finished.

Tragedy chanting is now a thing and probably what our idiot will be charged with.

What leadership by the CPS! How commendable to crack down on tragedy chanting. Some people might think a crackdown on those carrying blades would be more useful, or maybe one on burglars, but no, I'm sure cracking down on tragedy chanting will make this country a far better place to live! Well done the CPS!

On a serious note, even more important that if you are pulled by a steward for allegedly saying something or making a gesture, don't say anything at all. And if they take you to the ob don't say anything at all to them either. Don't say a fucking word till you've spoken to a solicitor.
I guarantee most people who get tugged by a steward or ob immediately say something like "but I only made a wanker sign at the bloke" and bosh - you've just admitted what they are trying to stick you on for and you are pretty much fucked. Don't say anything unless you're happy to be fined.

On a serious note, even more important that if you are pulled by a steward for allegedly saying something or making a gesture, don't say anything at all. And if they take you to the ob don't say anything at all to them either. Don't say a fucking word till you've spoken to a solicitor.
I guarantee most people who get tugged by a steward or ob immediately say something like "but I only made a wanker sign at the bloke" and bosh - you've just admitted what they are trying to stick you on for and you are pretty much fucked. Don't say anything unless you're happy to be fined.
Exactly. If they think you have done something wrong, it is up to them to prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Certainly don't help them to do that.

I was told this by my dad aged 10,
When I was nicked 1st time as a juvenile, I was more scared of my dad , if I spoke to them, than them

Screenshot_20240111_181719_Facebook.jpgBecause a couple of supporters, in a crowd of 3000 odd, used offensive words, referencing race , disabilities ,and sexual preferences.
🤔🤔

View attachment 24901Because a couple of supporters, in a crowd of 3000 odd, used offensive words, referencing race , disabilities ,and sexual preferences.
🤔🤔
Nothing surprises me anymore about this censorious shite. Today we have a member of the government saying he's writing to Twitter and Meta to ask them to curtail the ramblings of Joey Barton. Not because he's a gibbering Scouse prick but because he said some hurty words about female commentators. FFS

Nothing surprises me anymore about this censorious shite. Today we have a member of the government saying he's writing to Twitter and Meta to ask them to curtail the ramblings of Joey Barton. Not because he's a gibbering Scouse prick but because he said some hurty words about female commentators. FFS
Funny thing is, as far as I'm aware of, nothing that Barton has said is inaccurate.

I've heard a couple of new ones this week; firstly someone in their 20s state that they 'suffered' from 'climate anxiety', and the second someone describing their job as really good because it was 'a safe space'.

I just don't understand how suddenly the youth of this country have become so fucking delicate. They are not all like it granted, and I feel sorry for their more (normal) robust peers who have to share generational space with these pathetic, cringeworthy wankers, it must be unbearable.

What is wrong with these people and how did our country breed such weak, pathetic individuals?

Funny thing is, as far as I'm aware of, nothing that Barton has said is inaccurate.

I've heard a couple of new ones this week; firstly someone in their 20s state that they 'suffered' from 'climate anxiety', and the second someone describing their job as really good because it was 'a safe space'.

I just don't understand how suddenly the youth of this country have become so fucking delicate. They are not all like it granted, and I feel sorry for their more (normal) robust peers who have to share generational space with these pathetic, cringeworthy wankers, it must be unbearable.

What is wrong with these people and how did our country breed such weak, pathetic individuals?
Conscription anyone?

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I welcome this new attitude to verbal abuse. I've often felt deeply uncomfortable at the Den on hearing some of the abuse shouted at officials. For example, on my last trip, people were calling the referee blind. Deeply insulting to blind people. Why should they be prevented from refereeing on account of their disability? And surely calling the referee a wanker discriminates against both referees and wankers.

And what about home supporters? Singing "your support is fucking shit" must be so hurtful to them.

Must what we of all clubs don't need. But seriously ffs. While Israel bombs the innocent children and women of Palestine and that get a pass