The sad decline of Millwall FC and society in general

I think the real sad decline that's been happening for years is in our media and mainly the print. No longer a bringer of news but a divisive platform that serves to anger the already angry. The same shit day in day out but with differenet angles and degrees of lies and triggers for the thick and small minded to froth over.

Shit about immigrants in boats, shit about them allegedly taking jobs (that no other bod wants) shit about school places, doctors, hospital appointments and on and on. Angry of angryshire gets more angry and dumps it on an echo chamber forum for the angry.

What they should do if they're so concerned is get angry at the bods who let this happen, the same bods in power that haven't built homes, schools, hospitals, surgeries etc. The same cunts that often earn an extra crust writing for these shit rags. The same bods dining with said media barons that get the frothers frothing. The same bods that hand our perrages to these tax dodging cunts that only serve to divide us. You read that shit every day then i pity you, you're been mugged off by people and set ups that have nothing but hate contempt for you, more than a doris or forriner ever will.

I didn’t need to comment, you nailed it.

I despise homophobia. Bullying of the highest order, towards a group of people who rarely do anything wrong in society. Have some loved ones and good friends who are gay and they’re the nicest people you could wish to meet and contribute immensely to society. So I’ll always stand up to homophobia.

(shit, I’ve commented ain’t I 😂)
Totally agree mate.

I think the real sad decline that's been happening for years is in our media and mainly the print. No longer a bringer of news but a divisive platform that serves to anger the already angry. The same shit day in day out but with differenet angles and degrees of lies and triggers for the thick and small minded to froth over.

Shit about immigrants in boats, shit about them allegedly taking jobs (that no other bod wants) shit about school places, doctors, hospital appointments and on and on. Angry of angryshire gets more angry and dumps it on an echo chamber forum for the angry.

What they should do if they're so concerned is get angry at the bods who let this happen, the same bods in power that haven't built homes, schools, hospitals, surgeries etc. The same cunts that often earn an extra crust writing for these shit rags. The same bods dining with said media barons that get the frothers frothing. The same bods that hand our perrages to these tax dodging cunts that only serve to divide us. You read that shit every day then i pity you, you're been mugged off by people and set ups that have nothing but hate contempt for you, more than a doris or forriner ever will.
Let's just face it.. We're all just as a Candle in the Wind* :sorry:

I don’t give a toss if someone is gay or straight ( can I use that word nowadays), I can’t stand these blokes on tv who mince around all the time wearing makeup and earrings. I have known a few gay people in my time and they are decent people who don’t act all camp. What they get up to in their own homes is their business. If they want to support Millwall then why should we stop them, the more money coming into the club the better.
Rant over,.

To be honest mate, I've asked some of them that question. No idea if the fella next to me is straight or gay. Sometimes I think it's perception. I don't think any of the fellas I know would do anything openly gay, but all the 'get up you fucking ****' or wolf whistling Paul Birch style makes them feel unwelcome and something they can't be a part of. I doubt many of the people making the comments or whistles are blatantly homophobic and if small gestures from the club get people thinking about it, it can't be all bad and I don't see what harm it can do. For example if one of our players came out as gay would we turn on him? Of course we wouldn't.

I'm not their voice box or some sort of apologist though, I'm a happily married heterosexual pervert. I just don't see what harm it does having rainbow flags and laces for a game.

Edit to say I didn't put the asterisks in, must be a Forum thing
Rainbow laces and other gestures the FA decide to do, doesn't bother anyone, there was always something and most of the time the gestures are pointless, Lip service.

Over the years, you yourself must have seen this. We only turn on our players that don't put the effort in. Every one of our fans knows this to be the case we don't have to prove stuff to other fans or the media

The rainbow flag now seems on par with being a political flag, that's the reason why I wouldn't want to see it at the Den, would I care if someone had one down the Den, not at all but I don't see how it's relevant to Millwall

I worked will lots of Bum Bandits in the creative industry over the years; and to a man they were good lads.

Any advice on soft furnishings, interior design, the perfect Saumon à l'oseille, they'd be the lad's I'd go to.

Also, they were always ready to give their opinion on clothing I ordered from the Cotton Traders Catalogue; those lads got me out of elasticated waisted trousers ten years ago ........... and I thank them for it.

Whatever they get up to behind closed doors is their business - I can only assume it make your arse sore.

Good luck to them, whatever the colour of their laces.

:thumbup:
those lads got me out of elasticated waisted trousers ten years ago ........... and I thank them for it.
I think you should rephrase that sentence Paris. :whist:

They're playing the game, at the end of the day, Wall are a business and one of many that have a high media profile. It would do more harm than good to go against the grain and fuck off what i believe is a meaningless and empty gesture that does no harm to our club by going along with it.
That is true to the letter and really the club itself made no big thing of it or at least to my own knowledge I reckon that no matter which side of the issue one falls on, there's admittedly a lot of hype both "pro" and "anti" - as you remarked, much so to do with media whores whipping everyone to frenzy. The spotlight will clap on other things once this one's been used for what it's worth by both parties of interest (and the media).

Anyone still homophobic at this point I pity in the same way I do people who are religious. It does also make me uncomfortable having it on the telly so often. I must confess to feeling uncomfortable for my boy even when it’s a man and woman. He’s still at an age where he finds it gross and he face when two men tells the tale. I’m not really sure why everything has to be sexualised. Half the shit on the telly you could tell the same story without the need for bloke on bloke, woman on woman. Nobody seems to care much for how uncomfortable it makes others feel.

Anyone still homophobic at this point I pity in the same way I do people who are religious. It does also make me uncomfortable having it on the telly so often. I must confess to feeling uncomfortable for my boy even when it’s a man and woman. He’s still at an age where he finds it gross and he face when two men tells the tale. I’m not really sure why everything has to be sexualised. Half the shit on the telly you could tell the same story without the need for bloke on bloke, woman on woman. Nobody seems to care much for how uncomfortable it makes others feel.
Do what my old man used to do in the 70’s when you used to get the odd glimpse of a tit on the telly, he’d shout at my mother saying; “switch that shite over”. That was the problem of having two younger sisters watching as well.

Absolutely fucking spot on. It’s a big distraction. Look at these people here, coking over on boats, don’t look at us at the top fleecing you for everything.

Rainbow laces and other gestures the FA decide to do, doesn't bother anyone, there was always something and most of the time the gestures are pointless, Lip service.

Over the years, you yourself must have seen this. We only turn on our players that don't put the effort in. Every one of our fans knows this to be the case we don't have to prove stuff to other fans or the media

The rainbow flag now seems on par with being a political flag, that's the reason why I wouldn't want to see it at the Den, would I care if someone had one down the Den, not at all but I don't see how it's relevant to Millwall
I don't disagree that it's a gesture and I very much doubt it will change anything. My original point was about homophobia and the tone at the beginning of this thread which i didnt agree with - not your posts btw. Will laces change anything? Unlikely, but has it done us any harm?

Mind you, if we keep winning 3-0 with rainbow corner flags then leave the fucking things there

Absolutely fucking spot on. It’s a big distraction. Look at these people here, coking over on boats, don’t look at us at the top fleecing you for everything.
FT
Wippa - 4
Wippa not going to get in on this debate - 1
:grinning: