The sad decline of Millwall FC and society in general

I am glad a few rainbow flags doesn't upset me.

One of history's most harassed, despised, bullied and often slaughtered groups.
Got no.problem with peoples sexual preferences but why do the non straight groups want or feel the need to Chuck it in everybody's face At every opportunity .how about a" it's great to be straight" festival , parties & weekends to celebrate the fact..... Will never happen in this Woke infested society we live in... My advice is whatever floats your boat keep it behind your front door not out in the middle of the street seeking the spotlight
Don't think I have ever felt that gay people do anything other than, eh, be gay and are as vocal about it as straight people are about their secuakity, i.e. not a lot, part of life (homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom too). You might get gay rights groups shouting about it, but that might be because as said there's a history of persecution that's well evidenced throughout history. Read about gay suicide stats. if gay people are finally and fully accepted in society, you might find the "shouting from the rooftops" you perceive might also finally cease

suicde ideation three times higher in gay youth than straight. carrying around a sense of being diseased, different, sinful, all because of feelings that they didn't choose, have no control over, and are powerless over. hearing subtle messages over and over that thigns like "football clubs and society are wrong for showing a few flags" all through their life, since a child.

I don’t give a toss if someone is gay or straight ( can I use that word nowadays), I can’t stand these blokes on tv who mince around all the time wearing makeup and earrings.
Maybe it's that, that gets them into it? The showmanship side of it.

Gotta admit, I'm very tolerant, considering when I was in RN it was an offence to be gay. Instant dismissal. A threat to security.
Government told us it was wrong and unacceptable.
Then again, all our onboard shows etc usually had blokes in drag!
We're all evolving, at different paces.

Maybe it's that, that gets them into it? The showmanship side of it.

Gotta admit, I'm very tolerant, considering when I was in RN it was an offence to be gay. Instant dismissal. A threat to security.
Government told us it was wrong and unacceptable.
Then again, all our onboard shows etc usually had blokes in drag!
We're all evolving, at different paces.
I was on duty as the Battery Orderly NCO, and was doing the rounds in the morning to wake the lazy bastards up for parade when I opened one of the doors to shout at them to get up and noticed two gunners in bed together. I alerted the guardroom who sent two guards along, they then proceeded to throw the two down two flights of stairs and put them in nick. Three weeks later they were dishonourably discharged into civvy street. Times change, they are allowed to serve and can have duvets in training, wtf. As I said earlier in this forum I don’t really care if people are gay now, but that was another life back then and they weren’t allowed in the forces, but never mind, what they do in private is their affair.

I am glad a few rainbow flags doesn't upset me.

One of history's most harassed, despised, bullied and often slaughtered groups.

Don't think I have ever felt that gay people do anything other than, eh, be gay and are as vocal about it as straight people are about their secuakity, i.e. not a lot, part of life (homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom too). You might get gay rights groups shouting about it, but that might be because as said there's a history of persecution that's well evidenced throughout history. Read about gay suicide stats. if gay people are finally and fully accepted in society, you might find the "shouting from the rooftops" you perceive might also finally cease
suicde ideation three times higher in gay youth than straight. carrying around a sense of being diseased, different, sinful, all because of feelings that they didn't choose, have no control over, and are powerless over. hearing subtle messages over and over that thigns like "football clubs and society are wrong for showing a few flags" all through their life, since a child.
Well said 👏

I was on duty as the Battery Orderly NCO, and was doing the rounds in the morning to wake the lazy bastards up for parade when I opened one of the doors to shout at them to get up and noticed two gunners in bed together. I alerted the guardroom who sent two guards along, they then proceeded to throw the two down two flights of stairs and put them in nick. Three weeks later they were dishonourably discharged into civvy street. Times change, they are allowed to serve and can have duvets in training, wtf. As I said earlier in this forum I don’t really care if people are gay now, but that was another life back then and they weren’t allowed in the forces, but never mind, what they do in private is their affair.
Grass

isn't always greener on the other side.
;)

I don’t give a toss if someone is gay or straight ( can I use that word nowadays), I can’t stand these blokes on tv who mince around all the time wearing makeup and earrings. I have known a few gay people in my time and they are decent people who don’t act all camp. What they get up to in their own homes is their business. If they want to support Millwall then why should we stop them, the more money coming into the club the better.
Rant over,.
👏👏👏

My cousin is gay , and I have some gay friends through work ect , I ask how they are ,how's life ,met anyone, are you happy ,just as I would for a straight cousin or friend, they are just people , what they do with their lives that's their business, how they interact in mine is a different matter , they are not all oh he's defo a gay , and they all know I Don't like screaming queen's , the only thing I don't like is the fact I can't chat about football with most of them, also as has been said "gays" are no harm to society and tbh the rest of us could do with behaving a bit more like them ,and reduce crime.
Would I go to a gay pride march, fuck no but if a few flags once a year helps me enjoy chatting to gay family and friends about football I say heck yea .

To be honest mate, I've asked some of them that question. No idea if the fella next to me is straight or gay. Sometimes I think it's perception. I don't think any of the fellas I know would do anything openly gay, but all the 'get up you fucking ****' or wolf whistling Paul Birch style makes them feel unwelcome and something they can't be a part of. I doubt many of the people making the comments or whistles are blatantly homophobic and if small gestures from the club get people thinking about it, it can't be all bad and I don't see what harm it can do. For example if one of our players came out as gay would we turn on him? Of course we wouldn't.

I'm not their voice box or some sort of apologist though, I'm a happily married heterosexual pervert. I just don't see what harm it does having rainbow flags and laces for a game.

Edit to say I didn't put the asterisks in, must be a Forum thing
Great Post mate.

Anyone still homophobic at this point I pity in the same way I do people who are religious. It does also make me uncomfortable having it on the telly so often. I must confess to feeling uncomfortable for my boy even when it’s a man and woman. He’s still at an age where he finds it gross and he face when two men tells the tale. I’m not really sure why everything has to be sexualised. Half the shit on the telly you could tell the same story without the need for bloke on bloke, woman on woman. Nobody seems to care much for how uncomfortable it makes others feel.
You make a great point .

Didn’t a certain female Prime Minister once say “there’s no such thing as society”?
I’ve a feeling that things started to go downhill after that :whist:
(your right Wippa, it’s bloody hard not getting involved)