The sad decline of Millwall FC and society in general

What brothel do you work in then?

Serious question why wouldn't they go? do they get all touchy feely with each other 24/7 and do they want to start waving flags that having nothing to do with our club, if not why would there be a problem.

I've taken birds over football before even my wife; I don't grab hold of them and start licking their face's and they haven't worn wedding dresses either to the game.
To be honest mate, I've asked some of them that question. No idea if the fella next to me is straight or gay. Sometimes I think it's perception. I don't think any of the fellas I know would do anything openly gay, but all the 'get up you fucking ****' or wolf whistling Paul Birch style makes them feel unwelcome and something they can't be a part of. I doubt many of the people making the comments or whistles are blatantly homophobic and if small gestures from the club get people thinking about it, it can't be all bad and I don't see what harm it can do. For example if one of our players came out as gay would we turn on him? Of course we wouldn't.

I'm not their voice box or some sort of apologist though, I'm a happily married heterosexual pervert. I just don't see what harm it does having rainbow flags and laces for a game.

Edit to say I didn't put the asterisks in, must be a Forum thing

the title to this thread is utter nonsense.
Indeed. When i saw the title i thought i was about to read that we've gone bust or something :grinning:

What's the world come to when you can't cave each others heads in, bunk the train, smash up other bods towns and chuck some racial and homophobic abuse about :rolleyes: The irony is, that mentallity today wouldn't have us decline, it would make us extinct.

Last edited:
I don't care at all what some wish to do or say, etc.. I guess that sometimes I get a bit miffed at being led about like a child by this constant inundation with causes of all makes and models. I can honestly say I'd feel the same if it were some other group or whatever. Would like a moments peace from being instructed..
You're under no obligation to do anything and your're not being led anywhere. LIke with the knee, it was everywhere, it was at our club, but all you have to do is turn the other cheek and ignore it. It really is that simple.

Exactly. I don't like the fact that football and our club is being used as/for political and social issues but that's where we are.
I truly don't think many of these sorts of things would receive the negative reactions they do minus the landslide effect that social and political issues take on these days.. It's not so much WHAT it's about as it is the WHEN sometimes. Fck, even my cereal boxes have slogans on them now.

Last edited:
With my eyes I haven't got a fucking clue what colour laces they are wearing.
Just wish everyone would stick to playing football. All the other peripheral bollocks is really getting on my tits.
And to think there is gonna be 8 weeks of this virtue signalling shite. Think I'll find a dark room and lie down, and wait until we get going again, hopefully without any fucking distractions.
I doubt it, especially when you hear gay players are scared to come out because of dressing room reaction, then it stands to reason that some of these players wearing the laces, not necessarily at our great little club, are fucking hypocrites.

You're under no obligation to do anything and your're not being led anywhere. LIke with the knee, it was everywhere, it was at our club, but all you have to do is turn the other cheek and ignore it. It really is that simple.
True that. You know how fads and trends just piss up my back- not so much about gays or other such as it is the bandwagon sociopolitical ethos of today.

Last edited:
With my eyes I haven't got a fucking clue what colour laces they are wearing.
Just wish everyone would stick to playing football. All the other peripheral bollocks is really getting on my tits.
And to think there is gonna be 8 weeks of this virtue signalling shite. Think I'll find a dark room and lie down, and wait until we get going again, hopefully without any fucking distractions.
I doubt it, especially when you hear gay players are scared to come out because of dressing room reaction, then it stands to reason that some of these players wearing the laces, not necessarily at our great little club, are fucking hypocrites.
Won't find me arguing about the players being hypocrites and the World Cup being a disgrace. I couldn't agree more. The game itself is rotten to the core.

Maybe they can learn something from the fans if their over inflated egos would allow such a thing

Something I’ve always thought was a bit strange and that’s the word homophobia.
A phobia is a fear of something.
Are people really frightened of homosexuality?
Surely, it is hate that is the problem, not fear?
Not that it makes any difference to the discussion here. It’s just something I’ve always found a bit strange. That’s all.

Phillip Schofield decided to take it up the batty hole then thats up to him. personally, i just dont think it should be blasted all over the world if you're Gay, keep it to yourself.

Its like me going on social media and saying im straight.
Do you know what 84?
I think that could prove to be the most sensible, level headed post you have ever left on here.
I could not agree more.

I worked will lots of Bum Bandits in the creative industry over the years; and to a man they were good lads.

Any advice on soft furnishings, interior design, the perfect Saumon à l'oseille, they'd be the lad's I'd go to.

Also, they were always ready to give their opinion on clothing I ordered from the Cotton Traders Catalogue; those lads got me out of elasticated waisted trousers ten years ago ........... and I thank them for it.

Whatever they get up to behind closed doors is their business - I can only assume it make your arse sore.

Good luck to them, whatever the colour of their laces.

:thumbup: