The mighty Lions V The Terriers match thread

The Bradshaw & Nisbet partnership up front doesn’t work, they’re too similar and we lacked movement and creativity until Watmore and Bryan came on.

I thought Emakhu should have came on as a sub near the end to give us the threat on the counter attack which would have made their defence drop back 5 yards.

Our centre midfielders were sluggish and the ball wasn’t passed quick enough to the wings when there was a chance of an overlap.

Norton-Cuffy was a deserved man of the match and gave us a real threat down the right wing and Nisbet showed he is an intelligent forward. We saw a glimpse for 15 minutes in the second half of what Edwards is trying to achieve with the team so there is hope going forward.
With Bryan on the left flank it will give us more goal threat with BNC on the other. One thing I have noticed is that apart from set-pieces we only have 3 players in the vicinity of the goal when we counter. Is this defensive mindedness from the Rowett era or lack of fitness?

With Bryan on the left flank it will give us more goal threat with BNC on the other. One thing I have noticed is that apart from set-pieces we only have 3 players in the vicinity of the goal when we counter. Is this defensive mindedness from the Rowett era or lack of fitness?
Yes we looked better balanced with Bryan and BNC on each wing.

I think our recruitment over the last few years has filled the squad with more defensive minded central midfielders and is the reason we don’t break in numbers. Hopefully we can sort that out in January.

Having slept on it and not wanting to piss on anyone's chips, I thought the draw was the most we deserved, we created next to nothing. The number 8 was mom by a country mile, if their 7 and 14 didn't keep wasting golden opportunities to shoot or find a teammate we would have been in real trouble.

We lacked direction and leadership, first half nobody wanted the ball.

Second half was better, BNC and Rab played well as did Watmore. Game had 0-0 written all over it, two poor teams, our goal arsehole lucky as was their pen.

There were bright spots second half and many a time it's a game we would have lost. Nice to see Bryan back, he makes a difference and we need him badly.
Agree with this. Absolutely hate to say it but a draw was probably a fair result even if they were lucky to get their equaliser when they did. Speaking of luck, you can say how unlucky we've been of late. But, as I've said before, the more you practise and the better you play, the luckier you get. Luck isn't completely about luck. Huddersfield were nothing special but we always looked a bit vulnerable at the back. Agree with you about Bryan too, he adds a bit of quality.

Sit 6 rows back to left of dugout.1st half, blondie and 'pinaeapple on his head' (mixed race lad) absolutly controlled the wing, if not the game!! Just what we need.....but definalty we are on the cusp of that first step up win!!! Come on you lions .......

Having slept on it and not wanting to piss on anyone's chips, I thought the draw was the most we deserved, we created next to nothing. The number 8 was mom by a country mile, if their 7 and 14 didn't keep wasting golden opportunities to shoot or find a teammate we would have been in real trouble.

We lacked direction and leadership, first half nobody wanted the ball.

Second half was better, BNC and Rab played well as did Watmore. Game had 0-0 written all over it, two poor teams, our goal arsehole lucky as was their pen.

There were bright spots second half and many a time it's a game we would have lost. Nice to see Bryan back, he makes a difference and we need him badly.
Hi
Must admit I saw the game differently. How many saves did our keeper have to do? None. I recall 3 or 4 that their keeper had to. Not rose tinted glasses but I thought overall we deserved to win

Good that QPR got beat. Keeps them in the mix. In fact lost results around us went our way

What did we learn today?

Nisbet was excellent, lasted 90 minutes and looks like a brilliant acquisition.

Playing Tom up top with Nisbet creates more problems for opponents and frees space for Zion (who turned in one of his better performances this season).

Saville - who I thought was excellent - and Billy lack the creativity needed to frighten opponents.

If we stay up and Huddersfield go down, I think we should go for Jack Rudoni (no 8 with bleached hair) in the close season. I thought he was outstanding. Incidentally, born in Carshalton, played for AFC Wimbledon (how did we end up signing Tyler and not him?🤦‍♂️) before moving to the Terriers. With that background, I imagine he would jump at the opportunity to join us.

AND WE’RE HAVING SOME SH*T LUCK AT THE MOMENT 🤬
I remember Rudoni at Wimbledon and we were linked to him but didn't follow up our interest.
I said during the game that he was finding space all the time. Sorba Thomas also was having a field day either side of the pitch.
As for the Penalty, I didn’t see what happened, but the inexperience of Cuffy showed, we were killing the game in the corner and he tried to dribble past 3 defenders, lost the ball and it was swept upfield and Cooper took their player out unnecessarily to concede a free kick. The rest is history.

Hi
Must admit I saw the game differently. How many saves did our keeper have to do? None. I recall 3 or 4 that their keeper had to. Not rose tinted glasses but I thought overall we deserved to win
Yeah, that's fair enough mate. All down to opinions, their keeper never had to make a decent save, but neither did Sarkic

I'm sure their sub keeper made a double save just after he came on. Or it seemed like he did!
Yeah, he did, what I meant was you didn't come away thinking how did he keep that out or what a great effort from ......, all 3 keepers really only had to mak a handful of regulation saves

Having slept on it I am still really pissed off. Fucking referee Magoo again. *
Didn't really see it properly at the match but had a good look at it just now on highlights. I think it was harsh, especially to give it 7 minutes into injury time. I'm still gutted about the result too. I think that it was what you'd call an honest performance by the team. Some played better than others but I couldn't single any individual out for criticism, they all worked hard, so I'm gutted for the players too.

Still, however disappointing the result was, the only thing that I can think about is when I can get over again to get back to the Den. Whatever the result, it's always great to get there.

Pity West Brom were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke today. Really fancied the Baggies to get all 3 points there!

We’ve only won 1 game in the last 8 (the one being Joe’s first game), and Stoke’s game against the Baggies today makes it 8 in a row that Stoke haven’t won, so it should be a perfectly poised game next Saturday. Having said that, we all know how good Millwall are for helping other teams end their winless runs, so…..

Hopefully with it being an away game, the hoodoo we have at The Den won’t travel with us, and we can get back to winning ways!