The mighty Lions V The Terriers match thread

Fckin fuming. 3 points given away by one moment of stupidity.

In fairness to Saville, their player had 5 seconds to hit that fkin ball. Shit defending AGAIN.
If Cooper had stayed on his feet and not given the foul away then there wouldn’t have been a cross into the box …..

Before the free kick was taken I said to my relative “their no 10 is unmarked on the edge of the circle, we need to put someone there” but the ball lobbed out to him, decent strike, pen🤦‍♂️

Elementary defending and marking, when will we learn?

What did we learn today?

Nisbet was excellent, lasted 90 minutes and looks like a brilliant acquisition.

Playing Tom up top with Nisbet creates more problems for opponents and frees space for Zion (who turned in one of his better performances this season).

Saville - who I thought was excellent - and Billy lack the creativity needed to frighten opponents.

If we stay up and Huddersfield go down, I think we should go for Jack Rudoni (no 8 with bleached hair) in the close season. I thought he was outstanding. Incidentally, born in Carshalton, played for AFC Wimbledon (how did we end up signing Tyler and not him?🤦‍♂️) before moving to the Terriers. With that background, I imagine he would jump at the opportunity to join us.

AND WE’RE HAVING SOME SH*T LUCK AT THE MOMENT 🤬

What did we learn today?

Nisbet was excellent, lasted 90 minutes and looks like a brilliant acquisition.

Playing Tom up top with Nisbet creates more problems for opponents and frees space for Zion (who turned in one of his better performances this season).

Saville - who I thought was excellent - and Billy lack the creativity needed to frighten opponents.

If we stay up and Huddersfield go down, I think we should go for Jack Rudoni (no 8 with bleached hair) in the close season. I thought he was outstanding. Incidentally, born in Carshalton, played for AFC Wimbledon (how did we end up signing Tyler and not him?🤦‍♂️) before moving to the Terriers. With that background, I imagine he would jump at the opportunity to join us.

AND WE’RE HAVING SOME SH*T LUCK AT THE MOMENT 🤬
Agree the number 8 ran the game, but we let him do that..
Nisbet is a great signing real football brain, bought others into the game time and again..
I like Mitchell, but thought he had a poor game today, I also thought Leonard was below par..
We didn't get the rub of the green, but that is one of the seven points we should expect from these 3 games, so we just need to throw the Potters and run circles round the hoops and job done

Just a word about Murray Wallace, a player who has been getting a lot of stick lately. He is not a left wing-back and he is not even a left-back. He is a centre-back. Yes, he is slow and can get exploited by a pacy opposition winger. But he is playing out of position for the team and he never, ever lets us down. He never moans or throws his hands in the air. He just gets on with it. His attitude is first class. He has also assisted goals in our last two games. Yes, we have more talented players than him but no one who matches him for temperament, desire and fight.

Players mistakes will get highlighted in our current position as everyone seems to be looking for a scapegoat to take the blame when things don't go our way.

Could not fault ANY of our players today, when a ball is coming at you at that pace its not possible to stop it hitting any part of your body regardless of the build up play.

Today was just bad luck in the 96th minute of 6 minutes of added time.

There are more positives than negatives to take from todays game.

Just a word about Murray Wallace, a player who has been getting a lot of stick lately. He is not a left wing-back and he is not even a left-back. He is a centre-back. Yes, he is slow and can get exploited by a pacy opposition winger. But he is playing out of position for the team and he never, ever lets us down. He never moans or throws his hands in the air. He just gets on with it. His attitude is first class. He has also assisted goals in our last two games. Yes, we have more talented players than him but no one who matches him for temperament, desire and fight.
Spot on mate, playing in probably the most hated position, usually marking a quick winger. He is great at feigning too. Please Murray teach the rest. Potent weapon.

The Bradshaw & Nisbet partnership up front doesn’t work, they’re too similar and we lacked movement and creativity until Watmore and Bryan came on.

I thought Emakhu should have came on as a sub near the end to give us the threat on the counter attack which would have made their defence drop back 5 yards.

Our centre midfielders were sluggish and the ball wasn’t passed quick enough to the wings when there was a chance of an overlap.

Norton-Cuffy was a deserved man of the match and gave us a real threat down the right wing and Nisbet showed he is an intelligent forward. We saw a glimpse for 15 minutes in the second half of what Edwards is trying to achieve with the team so there is hope going forward.

Having slept on it and not wanting to piss on anyone's chips, I thought the draw was the most we deserved, we created next to nothing. The number 8 was mom by a country mile, if their 7 and 14 didn't keep wasting golden opportunities to shoot or find a teammate we would have been in real trouble.

We lacked direction and leadership, first half nobody wanted the ball.

Second half was better, BNC and Rab played well as did Watmore. Game had 0-0 written all over it, two poor teams, our goal arsehole lucky as was their pen.

There were bright spots second half and many a time it's a game we would have lost. Nice to see Bryan back, he makes a difference and we need him badly.