The mighty Lions V The Terriers match thread

Peckham Lion

Staff member
Both on 21 points. We sit above them on goal difference having scored 3 more than their miserly 20 and conceding 5 less than their very generous defence who've let in 35. There current form ain't been bad and much better than ours. One loss in five- last out at home to Preston 3-1. Last two aways for them saw them pick up a four points. They led Swansea for 87 minutes and got done by a 90th minute equaliser. They inflicted a 2-1 defeat on Sunderland prior to Swansea. Sunderlands only home defeat in five and either side of them comfortably beating both Norwich and Birmingham 3-1. Leeds and West Brom were thier other two home wins after losing to our opponents tomorrow. So Huddesfield are no mugs They've also had credible draws at Middlesborough and Coventry plus a triumph at West Brom via a 90th minute winner ( fuck you Twinklebollox Wallace :hehe: ) Fuck off i need cheering up and i'll take anything at the moment :grinning:.Thier top scorer with 5 is their centre half by the name of Helik. Our last three home meetings have seen us win once when Afobe netted twice in a 2-0 back in 2022. They beat us last season 1-0 and 3-0 back in 2020.

We go in search of our first home win beating Rotherham back in September. One point from five games for us now although there has been signs of improvement albeit it slowly. Saving grace is that the players haven't given up which is a credit to them in some ways cause when you play well and still get fuck all or a dodgy penalty decision against you as we did V sunderland it can suck the life out of you. Saying that we need a fucking win and badly cause we can't keep hearing we was unlucky blah blah blah. For both team and fans it's needed. One win even by a shitty deflection can change a lot and boost a team that is clearly low on confidence.

Casper De Norre remains an absentee, whilst Joe Bryan's fitness will be assessed before kick-off. All other squad members are available for selection.

I do believe that this is out last home game this side of Christmas day. Match tickets are apparently limited. There are no planned train strikes or enginerring work for South Bermondsey tomorrow. Weather looks like cloudy but dry and not to nippy for this time of year.

Get behind our boys tomorrow and be patient please. They need us to believe in them. Don't underestimate what you can bring to the table.

Lets hope they bring us some cheer

COYL

We fear no foe.

Both on 21 points. We sit above them on goal difference having scored 3 more than their miserly 20 and conceding 5 less than their very generous defence who've let in 35. There current form ain't been bad and much better than ours. One loss in five- last out at home to Preston 3-1. Last two aways for them saw them pick up a four points. They led Swansea for 87 minutes and got done by a 90th minute equaliser. They inflicted a 2-1 defeat on Sunderland prior to Swansea. Sunderlands only home defeat in five and either side of them comfortably beating both Norwich and Birmingham 3-1. Leeds and West Brom were thier other two home wins after losing to our opponents tomorrow. So Huddesfield are no mugs They've also had credible draws at Middlesborough and Coventry plus a triumph at West Brom via a 90th minute winner ( fuck you Twinklebollox Wallace :hehe: ) Fuck off i need cheering up and i'll take anything at the moment :grinning:.Thier top scorer with 5 is their centre half by the name of Helik. Our last three home meetings have seen us win once when Afobe netted twice in a 2-0 back in 2022. They beat us last season 1-0 and 3-0 back in 2020.

We go in search of our first home win beating Rotherham back in September. One point from five games for us now although there has been signs of improvement albeit it slowly. Saving grace is that the players haven't given up which is a credit to them in some ways cause when you play well and still get fuck all or a dodgy penalty decision against you as we did V sunderland it can suck the life out of you. Saying that we need a fucking win and badly cause we can't keep hearing we was unlucky blah blah blah. For both team and fans it's needed. One win even by a shitty deflection can change a lot and boost a team that is clearly low on confidence.

Casper De Norre remains an absentee, whilst Joe Bryan's fitness will be assessed before kick-off. All other squad members are available for selection.

I do believe that this is out last home game this side of Christmas day. Match tickets are apparently limited. There are no planned train strikes or enginerring work for South Bermondsey tomorrow. Weather looks like cloudy but dry and not to nippy for this time of year.

Get behind our boys tomorrow and be patient please. They need us to believe in them. Don't underestimate what you can bring to the table.

Lets hope they bring us some cheer

COYL

We fear no foe.
You should write the match previews for the Official Site.
That is a blinding piece of prose. Far more entertaining than the bland crap on there.
You covered everything , including a dig at your mate JW.
Inspired, mate. Really.👍😎😎😎

-------------------------------Just a polite request------------------------------------

We're all aware that it's a free country and we practice and respect freedom of speech. But but but,,,,,,,,,,,,I have been told by a few posters that they are getting properly irked and fucked off with our players and manager being undermined, constantly scrutinised, singled out and pulled apart on a regular basis.

This forum has some absolutely top notch people contributing and helping to keep it going. If we lose posters because it's no longer a nice or fun place to come then ultimately we'll lose the forum. There are many reasons why we're currently struggling. It isn't because of one person/ player and certainly isn't because the manager isn't doing what you fucking think he should be doing. Negativity breeds negativity and that's the last thing we need. It grinds all of us down and serves no purpose.

By all means get the hump and dump it here. After all we are all human and care for our wonderful club. If you feel the urge to have inquests and educate a group of professionals where they are going wrong then please start your own threads after the game.

Posters then have the choice to avoid them rather than having to endure mentally unhinged Maudsley material and deluded thundercunt wankpuffins that shit all over match threads. It's all offered with the benefit of hindsight and something that wouldn't be tolerated if you were at the Den cause you'd get clumped. Nobody likes a clever cunt and more so when you're bashing the team they love.

Last edited:
ou should write the match previews for the Official Site.
That is a blinding piece of prose. Far more entertaining than the bland crap on there.
Thank you mate. Much appreciated and i do enjoy it. I try to kep it balanced and informative- current form wise etc. You never knew i liked and study stats did you :grinning: :grinning:

I may be wrong but i think you may have insulted a former poster because i think it's Moody that does the OS stuff for match day stuff. He certainly did some statty stuff. when we produced a full match programme.

Last edited:
Thank you mate. Much appreciated and i do enjoy it. I try to kep it balanced and informative- current form wise etc. You never knew i liked and study stats did you :grinning: :grinning:

I may be wrong but i think you may have insulted a former poster because i think it's Moody that does the OS stuff for match day stuff. He certainly did some statty stuff. when we produced a full match programme.
Oh? I didn’t know Moody did that. I didn’t insult him, of course, because he could never have made it as entertaining as you did, for obvious reasons.
I guess what I was really doing was wishing for a world where everything could be as brutally honest as you were.

That is a blinding piece of prose.
You may have seen it at the time- It was during lockdown. I was a bit stoned one night and when i am very creative and deep thinking. I'd missed going, all my mates and all what comes with a home game. So i started writing a post for here- It was titled i miss. It was about us, our fabric, humour and what defines us. I thought nothing of it. I logged into HOF and somone put up a thread with it saying fucking hell read this it's outstanding. Posters were raving about it.

Whisky on here was knocked back by it and told me it was one of the best bits of prose he'd ever seen from someone that isn't a writer or poet. Another fella that writes for the press said the same and reckoned it floored him and had others he sent to in tears because it resonated so much with them and reminded them of being kids going to the Den with there dads and grandads. It was put on facebook, twitter and other social media and got thousands of shares- reposts.

I was contacted by a journo and asked to do an interview for a piece which they wanted to publish but i politely declined. I was quite taken aback by the whole episode and thought nothing of what i'd written.

Finally and i'm looking at it now. A Millwall family from the manor that i know well called me and said pop down to see us. It was near christmas. I am good mates with the fella who i've known for years. I've taken his young lad a few times when his old man has had to work or has been ill. So i pop down the North Peckham to his drum and go in the kitchen as usual where he. his Mrs and kids are and they hand me this thing all wrapped up. I hate being given presents. i'd rather give them than receive. I felt all embarrassed - open it then ya silly fucker- I'll do it when i get in D- open ya soppy cunt i don't bite. They're fucking staring at me smiling- go on mate. I opened it and it was a beautifully framed print of what i'd written on white paper with a Lion water marked onto the paper:):)

Several of my mates have it framed and in there hallways. It was even seen by people at the club. I was asked/ told if i took a few of the naughty words out ( no f's or c's but shit and wanker) that the club would put it in a match programme but i said no.

You may have seen it at the time- It was during lockdown. I was a bit stoned one night and when i am very creative and deep thinking. I'd missed going, all my mates and all what comes with a home game. So i started writing a post for here- It was titled i miss. It was about us, our fabric, humour and what defines us. I thought nothing of it. I logged into HOF and somone put up a thread with it saying fucking hell read this it's outstanding. Posters were raving about it.

Whisky on here was knocked back by it and told me it was one of the best bits of prose he'd ever seen from someone that isn't a writer or poet. Another fella that writes for the press said the same and reckoned it floored him and had others he sent to in tears because it resonated so much with them and reminded them of being kids going to the Den with there dads and grandads. It was put on facebook, twitter and other social media and got thousands of shares- reposts.

I was contacted by a journo and asked to do an interview for a piece which they wanted to publish but i politely declined. I was quite taken aback by the whole episode and thought nothing of what i'd written.

Finally and i'm looking at it now. A Millwall family from the manor that i know well called me and said pop down to see us. It was near christmas. I am good mates with the fella who i've known for years. I've taken his young lad a few times when his old man has had to work or has been ill. So i pop down the North Peckham to his drum and go in the kitchen as usual where he. his Mrs and kids are and they hand me this thing all wrapped up. I hate being given presents. i'd rather give them than receive. I felt all embarrassed - open it then ya silly fucker- I'll do it when i get in D- open ya soppy cunt i don't bite. They're fucking staring at me smiling- go on mate. I opened it and it was a beautifully framed print of what i'd written on white paper with a Lion water marked onto the paper:):)

Several of my mates have it framed and in there hallways. It was even seen by people at the club. I was asked/ told if i took a few of the naughty words out ( no f's or c's but shit and wanker) that the club would put it in a match programme but i said no.
Can you post on here again mate? Please! 👏

You should write the match previews for the Official Site.
You covered everything , including a dig at your mate JW.
Inspired, mate. Really.👍😎😎😎
I feel completely justified and entitltled to dig out Twinklebollox because i hated him when he was with us too and from the offf more or less. It's not sour grapes and a recent thing, i;ve always thought he was a cunt :)

Last edited: