THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Came here to post this, I imagine we'll see him in the squad lots this season.
But Rowett won’t play him against Boro on Saturday (where I would like him to replace Hutch), because he’ll go with who he’s more comfortable with, which will be Hutch and Cooper. If either (or both) aren’t fully on their game, Boro could quite easily tear us a new arsehole!

If either (or both) aren’t fully on their game, Boro could quite easily tear us a new arsehole!

Coops and Hutch aren't a couple of Sunday league players who occasionally turn up for a kick around. They are experienced, Championship defenders.

I do seem to remember that we have one or two players up the other end of the pitch who are quite capable of doing damage. Come on mate, have some kind of belief. We could quite easily do the same to 'Boro, if they 'aren't fully on their game'.

depositphotos_76451021-stock-photo-negative-or-positive-thinking.jpg

People can dress it up how they like, but something has gone very wrong with our recruitment this summer.....so far!
Erm...
Nisbet scoring for fun in the friendlies
Joe Bryan, experienced ex-Premier League player
De Norre, early days but looks fairly good so far.
Flemming is still here.

Still one month to go until the transfer window shuts yet!

Really don't know what people expect especially given that we don't know what the financial situation is now given the loss of JB. Funding may have been put on hold, maybe not, but who knows?

Coops and Hutch aren't a couple of Sunday league players who occasionally turn up for a kick around. They are experienced, Championship defenders.

I do seem to remember that we have one or two players up the other end of the pitch who are quite capable of doing damage. Come on mate, have some kind of belief. We could quite easily do the same to 'Boro, if they 'aren't fully on their game'.

View attachment 23348
I’m excited about our forward line in Bradshaw, Nisbet, Emakhu, Esse, Watmore, and believe that most, if not all of them, can score goals for us, but it’s no good anyone of them putting us 1 up, and then we concede 2 at the other end, because our CH pairing are not at the races! Of course it’s not just down to the CH pairing, but those two have been so immense for us in the past, it becomes a bit of a worry when you see Hutch in particular, lose a yard or two of pace, which is going to hinder him when he’s up against fast, attacking forwards!

You're right, Cooper and Hutch are not inexperienced Championship defenders, but they’re not comfortable on the ball when they get it, and can’t play the ball out to link themselves up with the midfield! That’s why the ball gets lumped forwards so much, because they don’t have the confidence to play a forward passing game!

I would be ecstatic if we could get a win up at Boro, as that would take us into the home game against City, watched by a full house and the Berylson family, and the Boro win from the week before should spur us on to win against the Robins! We’d then have 6 points in the bag, going into the away game against Norwich, having a bit of a buffer should the Canaries pull off a win against us!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Rowett had addressed this CH problem a season or two back (instead of buying midfielder after midfielder), we might now have a new CH pairing that can do all which our current CH pairing can’t!

Danny Mc, Harding, A Mitchell, Hutch, Cooper, Murray, Bryan - I am sure we will get 1 more CB in before the window shuts - then we will be fine.

GK sounds like we are still actively trying to get someone in - so if that happens all is good as we all know Long isnt good enough and Bart is looking like the backup

I’m excited about our forward line in Bradshaw, Nisbet, Emakhu, Esse, Watmore, and believe that most, if not all of them, can score goals for us, but it’s no good anyone of them putting us 1 up, and then we concede 2 at the other end, because our CH pairing are not at the races! Of course it’s not just down to the CH pairing, but those two have been so immense for us in the past, it becomes a bit of a worry when you see Hutch in particular, lose a yard or two of pace, which is going to hinder him when he’s up against fast, attacking forwards!

You're right, Cooper and Hutch are not inexperienced Championship defenders, but they’re not comfortable on the ball when they get it, and can’t play the ball out to link themselves up with the midfield! That’s why the ball gets lumped forwards so much, because they don’t have the confidence to play a forward passing game!

I would be ecstatic if we could get a win up at Boro, as that would take us into the home game against City, watched by a full house and the Berylson family, and the Boro win from the week before should spur us on to win against the Robins! We’d then have 6 points in the bag, going into the away game against Norwich, having a bit of a buffer should the Canaries pull off a win against us!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if Rowett had addressed this CH problem a season or two back (instead of buying midfielder after midfielder), we might now have a new CH pairing that can do all which our current CH pairing can’t!
I seem to remember being told several years ago when I was on a coaching course, that CBs are there to stop strikers scoring. The centre backs have to give the ball to the midfield who will then pass the balls through to the strikers or wingers.