THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Hutch and Murray are both as solid as. They are getting on a bit now but fucking hell, what incredible service they have given us for a number of years and neither have ever let us down. I find it a bit disrespectful to be honest.
Not disrespectful at all.

I‘ve already said how great Hutch and Cooper have been for us, but they’re getting older and a lot of the forward opposition they will face this season will be younger than them!

We have Danny, Billy, Casper, Flemming, Nisbet, Esse, Emakhu all in their late teens or early to mid 20’s, and all but one of them are either midfielders or wingers/forwards! This is a great set of youthful players to have in the 1st team for linking midfield with the forward line, but what happens if your defensive line can’t link up with your midfield? Why have all these wonderful midfielders if all your CH’s are going to do is lump the ball over their heads towards a forward, playing up front on his own (though I’m hoping against hope that Rowett will play with two up front this season!)

I think Cooper has maybe one, possibly two more seasons in him as a Championship player, but I’m not convinced about Hutch! The other problem with Hutch is his injury record, which has gotten worse last season! Should he be out injured for a long spell this season, who’s going to get the nod in his place? Evans? Wallace? Leonard? Again, none of these players are in their prime so who’s to say that they won’t face similar problems to what Hutch faced last season! The only other option would be Alex Mitchell, assuming between now and when the season starts, he hasn’t been loaned out again!

From what I can see we've made some decent permanent signings and we always seem to start with 2 or 3 loans as well, so maybe a keeper and central defender to come from that.

GR always seems to find a way of playing that works for our personnel, maybe not immediately but eventually. We played mostly 4 at the back last season, but sometimes during games swapped to 5 to counter what our opponents were doing. Flexibility is key, sometimes things don't work out as planned and you have to adapt.

Not disrespectful at all.

I‘ve already said how great Hutch and Cooper have been for us, but they’re getting older and a lot of the forward opposition they will face this season will be younger than them!

We have Danny, Billy, Casper, Flemming, Nisbet, Esse, Emakhu all in their late teens or early to mid 20’s, and all but one of them are either midfielders or wingers/forwards! This is a great set of youthful players to have in the 1st team for linking midfield with the forward line, but what happens if your defensive line can’t link up with your midfield? Why have all these wonderful midfielders if all your CH’s are going to do is lump the ball over their heads towards a forward, playing up front on his own (though I’m hoping against hope that Rowett will play with two up front this season!)

I think Cooper has maybe one, possibly two more seasons in him as a Championship player, but I’m not convinced about Hutch! The other problem with Hutch is his injury record, which has gotten worse last season! Should he be out injured for a long spell this season, who’s going to get the nod in his place? Evans? Wallace? Leonard? Again, none of these players are in their prime so who’s to say that they won’t face similar problems to what Hutch faced last season! The only other option would be Alex Mitchell, assuming between now and when the season starts, he hasn’t been loaned out aga
I understood that Harding can play at centre back as well as full back.
That’s who I was thinking of, forgot his name. He looks good what I’ve seen

QPR bloke I know is really cheesed of with the state they are in.
He's on their message board and that lot are not amused at the non business side of their transfer dealings.
Some even want to see the rock star go.
They have just signed Jack Colback who is 33. Remember when we signed players who have seen better days. Not now.
Onwards and upwards. COYL!!!

I can't get to games now and you can't really judge on a TV, but I think people have forgotten how far we've come as a club to actually get fair to good players sign for us that wouldn't have touched us with a barge pole 10 years ago is a feat itself let alone chucking around 2 million pound bids for players. We have decent young players on the fringe, amazing how we attract these skilful black lads to a nazi football club ha. I'd hazard a guess and say a few more seasons going as we are and you'd have a team that the word promotion doesn't sound to ridiculous to use.

Judging a new player on a few meaningless pre season friendlies is pointless. He hasn’t played much in the last 18 months and I expect him to take a bit of time to get up to speed and match fitness. Make no mistake, he is a class player and we were lucky to get him.
Waiting for the Nisbet bashing when he goes a few games without a goal... People read far too much into Pre-season

Hutch and Murray are both as solid as. They are getting on a bit now but fucking hell, what incredible service they have given us for a number of years and neither have ever let us down. I find it a bit disrespectful to be honest.

Fair comments. However, Murray has been way off since he won the POTY, pre season hasn't seemed to have helped and thats a move inside to his favoured position at CB. Hutch is ageing and does pick up knocks. Fact is, none of them have ever looked great in a back 3 including Cooper who gets put in the middle. None of them are great distributors of the ball. So if GR insists on a 3 at the back, we need at least one, preferably two CBs that are comfortable in possession and can pass.

You are right, Hutch & Wallace have been excellent for a number of seasons, that dont mean we should never look to replace them or keep playing them in a system that doesn't suit them.

I am hoping Alex Mitchell gets plenty of opportunities this season, I don't think Rowett will though, judging by the lack of game time v Charlton & Fortuna.

Really? I think we have brought in some much needed quality and there is still time to add another.

The incomings have been good, however we have a smaller squad than last season and Rowett bemoaned that fact last season. Rowett has also made the same mistake in recruiting for his 5 at the back formations, despite insisting we need to be flexible. But with Burey out of favour, we have no wingers now, so if we do switch again it'll be paingul watching the likes of Vogi & Honeyman in the wide positions.

Members online