THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

I don’t agree with what Burey done but if he has decided to knuckle down and try and take his game to the next level then good on him

hopefully all players get a clean slate when the season starts there is a decent player in there and hopefully the thought of being sold has a positive effect on him and us as a team
This 100%. If he can knuckle down and work hard, we've got a very fast, skillful attacking winger. Rab scores goals inside the box other than Burey who is going to give him service?

Wouldn't do any harm for him to say he's looking forward to the season, appreciates that being young and naive he has done things he regrets, but it's a new season and he wants to win over the fans and earn his place in the team.

With Bryan behind him and Rab in the box, he could be the missing link, but he does have to give it up with the wanker gestures even if some of the knobs abusing him deserve a slap.

Last edited:
This sounds very positive.

Mitchell is confident that more stars could follow the pair to The Den and push the club on. He told Millwall TV: “We obviously came close last season. We put that behind us. There’s going to be a lot of good signings coming in the building, we already have a couple of great ones that have joined us, the team gets better year on year. I feel confident it’s going to be a good season.

I think it goes both ways. He’ll need to show a bit of willing and try to get supporters back on side. Sulking won’t do it.
Do you think that he may be completely shocked and surprised that he's getting it from his own support? I don't mean the ones he's had words with, i mean for example the bod that absolutely slaughtered him from the west lower when he was warming up with the other subs.

I was down there and this geezer just launced a tirade of abuse and insults his way. Burey looked absolutely stunned, he was looking into crowd saying who me? it rattled him and he trotted off back to the bench but kept looking back into the crowd as he did so.

It was uncalled for and for no apparent reason cause there was no exchange of words prior to the tirade. When Burey fucked off to the dugout the same geezer started on Evans who gave him a filthy glare but ignored him from then on. The geezer was lagging but well out of order. I do think it really rattled Burey, it certainly wasn't what he expected from bod in the home section.

Regardless of that incident he does really need to grow a thick skin cause he'll witness that a few times during his career at away games. We're not exactly well liked are we :grinning: He has to learn how to block the crowd noise out and remain focussed on the game. It's all well and good having the skill but he must be able to apply himself menatally if he wants to succeed.

Someone like Dunne would have told the fan to fuck off and cracked on. Burey completely lost control and composure when he should have batted it away and carried on his game. That would have shut the fan up who was looking for a reaction and to which Burey duly obliged.

This might be why we put in a low offer for one of their players

Would love us to sign Adam Wharton! A great midfield player and only just turned 20, but I doubt the club would pay Rovers the money they want, which is probably way above the £3.5M Transfermarkt has him valued at!

Do you think that he may be completely shocked and surprised that he's getting it from his own support? I don't mean the ones he's had words with, i mean for example the bod that absolutely slaughtered him from the west lower when he was warming up with the other subs.

I was down there and this geezer just launced a tirade of abuse and insults his way. Burey looked absolutely stunned, he was looking into crowd saying who me? it rattled him and he trotted off back to the bench but kept looking back into the crowd as he did so.

It was uncalled for and for no apparent reason cause there was no exchange of words prior to the tirade. When Burey fucked off to the dugout the same geezer started on Evans who gave him a filthy glare but ignored him from then on. The geezer was lagging but well out of order. I do think it really rattled Burey, it certainly wasn't what he expected from bod in the home section.

Regardless of that incident he does really need to grow a thick skin cause he'll witness that a few times during his career at away games. We're not exactly well liked are we :grinning: He has to learn how to block the crowd noise out and remain focussed on the game. It's all well and good having the skill but he must be able to apply himself menatally if he wants to succeed.

Someone like Dunne would have told the fan to fuck off and cracked on. Burey completely lost control and composure when he should have batted it away and carried on his game. That would have shut the fan up who was looking for a reaction and to which Burey duly obliged.
This is mental to be honest, but you would get it at other clubs too no doubt. It’s part and parcel of being a pro footballer, some are cut out for it and can rise above it, others will struggle. Burey definitely falls in to the latter camp. He needs to ideally go to somewhere with tame support and low expectations to work hard off the ball…

Stoke though appear to be the side now pushing to snap up Travers and it remains to be seen if Millwall take any firm steps to provide them with competition.

The Potters are now trying to secure a deal for Bournemouth goalkeeper Travers. The 24-year-old has dropped behind Neto in the pecking order at Dean Court and could move on this summer with Millwall said to be in advanced talks to sign the Irish shot-stopper earlier this month. £1.5m deal rejected.

Add a pinch of salt

The Potters are now trying to secure a deal for Bournemouth goalkeeper Travers. The 24-year-old has dropped behind Neto in the pecking order at Dean Court and could move on this summer with Millwall said to be in advanced talks to sign the Irish shot-stopper earlier this month. £1.5m deal rejected.

Add a pinch of salt
According to this we’re also in for Matija Sarkic

Thought this bit from the article was interesting:

“They were hard-earned clean sheets at times too and he ended up with a save ratio of 76.5 per cent from the 153 shots on target he faced. To put that into context, Stoke City conceded a similar number of shots on target in 2022/23 (145) but their save ratio was 65 per cent.

The stats men reckon that Stoke conceded about eight more goals than they should have done compared to the quality of shots they conceded – and that Bournemouth conceded seven fewer than should have been expected in 2021/22.”

If the stat men could do a review on Long’s goalkeeping from last season - how many clean sheets he had, his save ratio from the number of shots he faced, whether X number of goals shouldn’t have been conceded - it would definitively tell his supporters or his detractors who was right, who was wrong, and whether he was or wasn’t a main contributor in our failure to get to the play offs!

Maybe Rowett has similar stats and it tells him that a better keeper is needed? Who knows?