THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Don’t think any of this really matters today does it?
Said it on another thread that I can’t get excited for this season now.

All I hope is that we’re not facing a relegation battle come the end of April/May.

Relegation would be a terrible legacy to leave behind for the best Chairman our club has ever had, and who‘s love, passion and monetary support has kept us in the Championship for seven seasons in succession now!

Can we still make transfers even though after the tragic passing of mr JB
Of course! It's payback time to JB and his family and the team need to go all out every game to get us where he wanted us to be. His inspired legacy lives on!

Bart should be guaranteed a starting place here for next season.
He'll be 37 next week. Time to move on. One mistake from him and it'll be all Rowetts fault. We should do a poll on who's going to be the next scapegoat for the armchair managers.

I believe that if he had been in goal at the end of last season, we would have made the play offs and maybe even promotion.
We didn't lose to Blackburn because Bart wasn't playing. We're were third or fourth at one point with Long in goal, how do you explain that and how we conceded a 3-1 lead where the keeper wasn't at fault?

Cheers.

Last edited:

All I hope is that we’re not facing a relegation battle come the end of April/May.
Give over, you sound like an old drama queen, the season hasn't even started yet.
The sad loss of JB could very well galvanise the GR, the squad, the supporters and the club as a whole to go and achieve great things in his name and cementing a legacy already there.
Relegation would be a terrible legacy to leave behind for the best Chairman our club has ever had, and who‘s love, passion and monetary support has kept us in the Championship for seven seasons in succession now!

He'll be 37 next week. Time to move on. One mistake from him and it'll be all Rowetts fault. We should do a poll on who's going to be the next scapegoat for the armchair managers.

We didn't lose to Blackburn because Bart wasn't playing. We're were third or fourth at one point with Long in goal, how do you explain that and how we conceded a a 3-1 lead where the keeper wasn't at fault?

Cheers.
Peckham, this is only my opinion, but it looked like our defence was unsure with Long behind them.

That’s how I see it going
Likewise mate. From thee the tributes i've read from both current and former players it's obvious that JB wasn't your average chairman and was very much hands on and nothing but a positive force within the club. The Matt Smith tribute pretty much sums up the measure of the man. Long after he left as a player the pair kept in contact and JB coached and supported him through his business studies.

I would normally be tearful over such events but reading the tributes they have filled me with pride and warmth. We really got lucky when JB took us over. In times where football chairmen tend to be egotists and uncouth risk takers we got neither.

We got a decent humble man that not once used his wealth or postion to look down upon or judge people. He never treated or saw us just as customers, he understood and bought into the passion that we have and display for our club.

He may well have been a tough cookie but he also had a very human side to him. I was told by someone within the club that when he had to fire managers it hurt him. When Harris reached the end of the road it's been said that JB reckoned it was one of the most dificult things he'd had to do and was quite apologetic and saddened about the whole affair.

Was thinking, how many other clubs fans have the relationship that we and the Berylsons have. It feels like they've been with us for a lot longer than they have. They have stood by us when others would have thrown us under a bus and sold up to the highest bidder. JB has had many offers for us, more so in recent times because of the price of the land that we situate. Each and every offer has been politely turned away because those making the offers were unscrupulous businessmen looking for a quick buck and with total disregard for the future or wellbeing of our club. For that alone i have nothing but respect because it would have been easier to cash in and ride off into the sunset.

If JB's son is half the man his father was i see us continuing to grow and thrive. His dad wanted to see us in the premier, he wanted it done correctly and without risking our exsistence. I strongly believe that his son will come in and be driven to finsh the job that his father put in motion.

We didn't lose to Blackburn because Bart wasn't playing. We're were third or fourth at one point with Long in goal, how do you explain that and how we conceded a a 3-1 lead where the keeper wasn't at fault?

Cheers.
Looks like we are after a goalkeeper though.

Likewise mate. From thee the tributes i've read from both current and former players it's obvious that JB wasn't your average chairman and was very much hands on and nothing but a positive force within the club. The Matt Smith tribute pretty much sums up the measure of the man. Long after he left as a player the pair kept in contact and JB coached and supported him through his business studies.

I would normally be tearful over such events but reading the tributes they have filled me with pride and warmth. We really got lucky when JB took us over. In times where football chairmen tend to be egotists and uncouth risk takers we got neither.

We got a decent humble man that not once used his wealth or postion to look down upon or judge people. He never treated or saw us just as customers, he understood and bought into the passion that we have and display for our club.

He may well have been a tough cookie but he also had a very human side to him. I was told by someone within the club that when he had to fire managers it hurt him. When Harris reached the end of the road it's been said that JB reckoned it was one of the most dificult things he'd had to do and was quite apologetic and saddened about the whole affair.

Was thinking, how many other clubs fans have the relationship that we and the Berylsons have. It feels like they've been with us for a lot longer than they have. They have stood by us when others would have thrown us under a bus and sold up to the highest bidder. JB has had many offers for us, more so in recent times because of the price of the land that we situate. Each and every offer has been politely turned away because those making the offers were unscrupulous businessmen looking for a quick buck and with total disregard for the future or wellbeing of our club. For that alone i have nothing but respect because it would have been easier to cash in and ride off into the sunset.

If JB's son is half the man his father was i see us continuing to grow and thrive. His dad wanted to see us in the premier, he wanted it done correctly and without risking our exsistence. I strongly believe that his son will come in and be driven to finsh the job that his father put in motion.
My fear is his son is probably mid-40s and will have many more distractions than John and won’t be able to give us the same level of attention John did :shake:

Looks like we are after a goalkeeper though.
Yes, the ex Bornemouth one apparently. Meant to be decent by all accounts. Will be intresing if we do sign a new number one cause i can't see Long being happy as a back up. Bart's age has caught up with him and Long is a bit suspect at times. A good confident keeper also benefits the back four confidence wise.

My fear is his son is probably mid-40s and will have many more distractions than John and won’t be able to give us the same level of attention John did :shake:
Who knows. I don't know what other commitments he has but i do know that he's been learning the ropes from his Dad so he's had a fine teacher. I'm sure he'll want to continue the good work of his dad.

I think JB managed to do well from afar, he was still based in America all the time he was with us. He trusted and had faith in his cheif executives to manage the day to day running of the club. Kavanah is an expereienced CEO so we're in good hands in that department.

Quite the opposite for me. I cant wait to get down and show my condolences, along with being part of the roar that comes out like a wounded lion. We have flown in the face of adversity for the 40 years I have been going - this is no exception and no matter what the outcome of these events will bring, we will be together again win lose or draw. Fck em all.

Quite the opposite for me. I cant wait to get down and show my condolences, along with being part of the roar that comes out like a wounded lion. We have flown in the face of adversity for the 40 years I have been going - this is no exception and no matter what the outcome of these events will bring, we will be together again win lose or draw. Fck em all.
Amen to that my brother.