The definitive new manager speculation thread

I have this sneaky feeling that we’ll end up with Morison.

He’ll be cheap, not a safe pick by any means but a young coach who knows what gets us going and has played at the very highest level in this country.

He’s been very vocal in the media in recent weeks about the job, and when asked if he was interested he just said something along the lines of not wanting to talk about it out of respect for his current club (which translates as ‘yes, I want the job’).

Harris will be quick to warn him how quickly being a club legend gets forgotten when your in the hot seat though. If they can do what they done to Harris, imagine what may become of Morison.

Juts been studying the scenario were in, in some depth let me add. The odds are often unplaced and as so many have stated, complete bollox. That said, there seems to be a splattering of interest for Nathan Jones. Interesting, although comes across as a self important wnker in many interviews.

Warnock feels like a safe option, at least until the end of the season. That said, it wouldnt be an ambitious choice as hes not looking for a long term project and were not looking for a 70 odd year old manager. Consider his age for a moment and then consider JB giving a 72 year old the reigns at Millwall - cant see it.

Beale is a different character. Bit of a big time charlie that ive heard some digs at him across Rangers fans, but lets not forget, hes a South London born and will know all about us. I'm still of the opinion that hes not qualified for the job. Not enough experience at this level and propelled into the Rangers post with a very iffy CV. So not for me.

This leaves you a with Muscat, Eustace and possibly Kennedy of you believe the bookmakers.

Muzzy is the one I think we may be inclined to go with, although again, massive question marks on his pedigree as a manager, only managing within Japan and Oz, although the arent the shit leagues they once were.

This has lead me to the answer I've pondered so much . . .

Not only will this take a few weeks to sort out, it could and probably will be someone we arent discussing. Someone like Mason or another up and coming coach that JB and SK rate.

If we really are going to take a while to make a decision, you would hope we are investigating ALL options, not just the ones around us that would be a quick fix.

If we can afford it and he's interested Ryan Mason is a solid pick,3 different managers at Spurs,all kept him on as first team coach,must have something,
Money maybe an issue for what hes on now but sometimes you need to take one step back to go two steps forward,depends on if he wants to go into management and make his mark or take the readies to stay where he is.
Seems ambitious,who knows?

Not convinced by Beale, but he obviously has something about him. He made the decision to go and coach in Brazil, which shows he isn't afraid to take a risk and he is one of the new breed in terms of managers but has made some questionable choices. That doesn't necessarily rule him out for us. He is young and hungry and is likely to transform our way of playing.

Muscat would be a gamble. He took over Postecoglou's team but has done well. Is that because he inherited a good team or is a good coach? The Championship is a different beast. There is also a potential issue with a buy-out clause, unless he resigns. If he did so, that would mean he really wants the job.

Nathan Jones is an irritating, chippy little prick and annoys the fuck out of me but he did an unreal job with Luton, left for Stoke and did badly, although he isn't the only manager who has before or since. He didn't do terribly at Southampton, but he has a tendency to lash out when things don't go right. I don't know if his style would work for us. It'd either be scorched earth or a complete triumph.

Eustace is the safe and sensible option. Rowett-like in what he did with Birmingham but seems to have a more front-foot approach and is spoken about in glowing terms by their fans for the job he did.

I honestly have no idea which way we will go. I'd personally go for Eustace, with Beale as the second option. We have to trust the new chairman to get it right and then hope he does.

Of all the names mentioned I'd go for Beale then Muscat and that's it.
I'd be more weary of Muscat if he inherited a good team and turned them to shit and it's no different from McGhee who also inherited a good team and looked what happened and I know nothing about the football being played in that part of the world.
Personally and I can't put my finger on it, but I hope it's none on that list going around also not going to be a GR mkII.

The trick with all these things is to make sure that you are the master of the technology and not the other way round.
I love my iPhone, but I love it for the things it can do for me, not the other way round.
I love it for music and radio and plays while I'm in the car. It's my in car computer, if you like. I love it for being able to message my kids and girlfriend.
All that, plus navigation in the car.
Apart from that, it stays in my pocket and always gets switched off in the evenings.
If you like listening to plays in the car,try the corrupted,on BBC sounds.

Great and informative post mate. You are spot on. Through my addictions battle, recovery and then counsellor training i did a lot of studying around human behaviour, Psychology, the reward system that we all have in our brains. The effects and means of creating dopamine. So in our time a cream cake, treat down the cafe or even praise from another human was a source of dopamine. A natural high if you like.

Now fast forward to today and dopamine hits. They are now sought and provided by the likes button that you will find on most social media. Not from praise and recognitionfrom a human. People are addicted to seeking out likes because they are a means of delivering dopamine to the brain. But but but but there's a catch-------- like with all nice things- cakes- cocaine- sex- sunshine we want more all the time. You will go to lengths to get them because you crave them just like you crave that bar of chocolate that also acts to deliver dopamine.

The advent of the smartphone that delivers likes, validation, instant gratification- Dopamine- fucking loads of it has created millions of unwitting addicts. But with every high there's a low which can be detrimental Well there is if you can put the fucking down out of your hand. The phone is the modern day equivalent of the syringe that junkies used to use to deliver the hit, the high.

There's allsorts of mental health problems effecting young people that we never even heard of. Unprecedented cases of mental health issues with teenagers. Depression, anxiety, loneliness, suicidal thoughts. body dysphoria, and on it goes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
Superb Peckham! Had a lot of experience with PTSD, addiction and depression too. Never thought I would have but BANG, it hit. Felt like the world left me behind. I'm one of very many ex forces who didn't understand humanity anymore and the way the world has changed is heartbreaking. These little cunts giving our staff and players grief want a day in my shoes when it was at full swing. Might learn to appreciate what's around them.

Superb Peckham! Had a lot of experience with PTSD, addiction and depression too. Never thought I would have but BANG, it hit. Felt like the world left me behind. I'm one of very many ex forces who didn't understand humanity anymore and the way the world has changed is heartbreaking. These little cunts giving our staff and players grief want a day in my shoes when it was at full swing. Might learn to appreciate what's around them.
I tip my hat to you Canning. You are so right.

I have this sneaky feeling that we’ll end up with Morison.

He’ll be cheap, not a safe pick by any means but a young coach who knows what gets us going and has played at the very highest level in this country.

He’s been very vocal in the media in recent weeks about the job, and when asked if he was interested he just said something along the lines of not wanting to talk about it out of respect for his current club (which translates as ‘yes, I want the job’).

Harris will be quick to warn him how quickly being a club legend gets forgotten when your in the hot seat though. If they can do what they done to Harris, imagine what may become of Morison.
I can’t deny Morrison’s love of the club and what he achieved with us but he’s never struck me as an especially intelligent player nor, based on his Cardiff experience, manager.

Like Harris, I think he’d make a decent Division 1 & 2 manager but will never hack it at Championship level and wouldn’t want him to become our manager.

The way Chelsea are performing we could end up with Mauricio Pochettino! 😂
The issue Poch has at the moment is that he is not being allowed to choose the team he wants... apparently TB is a control freak and is telling him what team to field and the sad thing about that is that when the fans start to rise up against the club... it's Poch that will face the axe through TB's ignorance... football isn't 'football' anymore.

The issue Poch has at the moment is that he is not being allowed to choose the team he wants... apparently TB is a control freak and is telling him what team to field and the sad thing about that is that when the fans start to rise up against the club... it's Poch that will face the axe through TB's ignorance... football isn't 'football' anymore.
I’m surprised he took the job if that’s the case given he was also under Levy’s shackles and constraints at Spurs. 🤔

I’m surprised he took the job if that’s the case given he was also under Levy’s shackles and constraints at Spurs. 🤔
It seems to be the case with these billionaires who think they can do anyone's job and has trust issues and then blames everyone else when it all goes belly up and on to then next 'victim'!