The definitive new manager speculation thread

There is one thing about Muscat that seems to be forgotten, when he was playing for us it was said many times by those playing with him ' that he is such a nice bloke but when he crosses that line he changes into something else'.

Not that I think we should get him in but Kavanagh and whoever else is involved in the process will know what he is like a manager.

320 odd games as Manager, another 50 or so as Assistant Manager and two championships (Aussie & Japan)
Thats my point really. Managed nowhere near the level of Championship standard.

Has had 2 spells at that ozzie club, inheriting Ange Postecoglous team, and won.
Done zip in Belgium and was kicked after 5/6months.
Went to Japan and inherited Ange Postecoglous team for a second time, and won again.

Not what our club is really looking for, we need to go forwards, not tear shreds out of each other, we simply don't have those players inside the 4 corners of the ground. I feel we need a steadied man, not a Japanese league winning manager. As always that old cliche, we're only one bad appointed away from being in the depths of despair.

With any new appointment there is still always a percentage of luck involved if he will work out for the best. However appointing someone with credentials from a Japanese league and an Australian league after inheriting an already made half decent squad, rings of desperation.

Silly debate to have really as the bookies always chuck in names to begin with, and I'd only imagine him and Mark Kennedy have been stuck at the top purely because they're managers and used to play for us.

Thats my point really. Managed nowhere near the level of Championship standard.

Has had 2 spells at that ozzie club, inheriting Ange Postecoglous team, and won.
Done zip in Belgium and was kicked after 5/6months.
Went to Japan and inherited Ange Postecoglous team for a second time, and won again.

Not what our club is really looking for, we need to go forwards, not tear shreds out of each other, we simply don't have those players inside the 4 corners of the ground. I feel we need a steadied man, not a Japanese league winning manager. As always that old cliche, we're only one bad appointed away from being in the depths of despair.

With any new appointment there is still always a percentage of luck involved if he will work out for the best. However appointing someone with credentials from a Japanese league and an Australian league after inheriting an already made half decent squad, rings of desperation.

Silly debate to have really as the bookies always chuck in names to begin with, and I'd only imagine him and Mark Kennedy have been stuck at the top purely because they're managers and used to play for us.

The timing of this suggests it is Rowett’s decision. The board clearly saw him as a safe pair of hands and had no real desire to change unless results were dire by Christmas perhaps, and their hand was forced.

I can see them appointing a safe bet rather than a young up and coming coach, but I must say I wouldn’t mind the latter. Someone coming in with fresh ethos and the right idea re recruitment & youth. And also someone who can deliver attacking aggressive gutsy football.

But does he know the club? He might know how to get there and that some of us like a punch up but does he have a good knowledge of the actual squad? Their strengths and weaknesses, who he can trust, how certain players fit a certain system or anything about the youth academy? I’m not so sure personally. Let’s be honest most fans only want him because they think he’ll chin an oppo manager in the dug out.

Massive gamble in my opinion.
I agree with you that It would be a gamble and that there Is a certain rose tintedness about him managing us.

But with regards to him knowing the club that's not an Issue surely. Let's be fair no manager who'd come In would do. After all there's only two In the whole of football who could probably meet that specification. Harris and Morrison. And nethier are up to the job unfortunately.

Not sure if muscat will do a good job or not but do no we were no where as good a team after he got injured in the semi final think he organised the defence that season and if he didn’t get injured think we might have gone up

We just don’t know who will do a good job, how can we. Our unique tab should inspire the right person for the role, be it a former player or not.