Sunderland match thread

I think that was a Rowett defensive performance but I thought we did have a bit more about ourselves going forwards. We got through on goal several times and round the back of them too. Billy and Sav in the middle was a good pairing and Nisbits finish was sublime, and how good was BNCs cross too.

Leonard MOM for me closely followed by BNC.

I said in an earlier post it’s who takes their chances. Bradders could have scored 3, we can’t keep missing chances, goals scored wins games absolutely nothing else. Let’s hope Nisbet has settled in and found his feet
Problem Is, teams have goalkeepers. He managed to get a shot away that he didn't have much right to take and the keeper pulled of a very good save. When he was through one on one on goal the keeper came out quick, made himself big and restricted the angles putting the odds In the keepers favour. On paper It was near perfect goal keeping so I don't believe Bradshaw can be criticised for not scoring there. Then he had a goal ruled offside for what I am yet to understand why. He reacted quickly to an opportunity that seemed to come out of no where. I haven't seen It back yet so maybe he was offside and should have been more aware of his positioning but which striker doesn't get caught offside.

Problem Is, teams have goalkeepers. He managed to get a shot away that he didn't have much right to take and the keeper pulled of a very good save. When he was through one on one on goal the keeper came out quick, made himself big and restricted the angles putting the odds In the keepers favour. On paper It was near perfect goal keeping so I don't believe Bradshaw can be criticised for not scoring there. Then he had a goal ruled offside for what I am yet to understand why. He reacted quickly to an opportunity that seemed to come out of no where. I haven't seen It back yet so maybe he was offside and should have been more aware of his positioning but which striker doesn't get caught offside.
He was offside kidda

The changes made by JE today was a brave move, the midfield and forward players played mostly in their natural positions today which gave a better balance to the team, Joe has had the time now to have a good look at what is available to him and i think now that we will start seeing an upturn in results and in JE we have a goodun.

I might be wrong without seeing it again, but the penalty wasn't a good strike. It wasn't hit that hard and it went under Bart's body. They were lucky on both counts with the decision and Bart not stopping it.

Last edited:
I might be wrong without seeing it but, the penalty wasn't a good strike. It wasn't hit that hard and it went under Bart's body. They were lucky on both counts with the decision and Bart not stopping it.
It was at my end and I’m pretty sure the ball didn’t go under Bart’s body or arms 🤔

With Saville’s booking, the Ref had no choice 🤷‍♂️. It’s an automatic booking now for any player who raises his hand gesturing for an opponent to be booked 😔

Stupidity on George’s behalf 👎
You’re right, the ref had no choice but to book him by the rules, but conversely, earlier in the game, their player Ba, I think it was, brandished an imaginary yellow card, and even though the ref didn’t see it (so therefore couldn’t give a booking), what was his lino doing? If it was near to him (which I think it was), he could have spoken to the ref about it and a card could have been given!

Small margins, yet again, that seem to go against us when we’re having a rough couple of weeks!