Sunderland match thread

Great performance from the players but, fucking hell, when are we going to get a break?

But for Lenny’s rash challenge, think we would have seen the game out, but Mowbray’s triple substitution perked them all up and a couple of poor decisions by our players in the Sunderland box left things on a knife edge! Some shocking decisions by the ref, none more so than Sav’s booking which means he misses the game against the sheepshaggers next Saturday!

At least we stopped the losing streak, and the players can take heart from that performance and we can get another away win against the Taffs next week.

I rarely comment about the intricacies of the game, but firstly, I thought the ref was half decent, but I was proved wrong. Obviously from the same pool of cunts that we usually get.
Great game of football, but we definitely deserved all 3 points. The lads played well, moving the ball quickly, and playing much wider than usual.
MoM for me was Leonard. I think Duncan should start ahead of Fleming, and I don't understand why some don't rate Longman. I thought he worked hard, and turned their defence brilliantly.
And I still say it wasn't a penalty.
COYL.

Leonard definitely got a toe on that, regardless a MOM from me closely followed by BNC. Better all round, but sorry Mitchell lovers he really does have only a right foot. He didn’t play bad but he’s almost mechanical.

Pen shouldn’t have been given. Leonard toed the ball. I’m very sure
Yep, sounds like a lot of Sunderland supporters agree with you. Most are saying on their forum that it wasn’t a pen and that Leonard did get a toe to it, and were also in agreement that they were hanging on for the point at the end!

Scant consolation for us, I suppose, but had we taken our chances again, we could have won that game quite comfortably. As it was, Rab’s sublime taken goal was good enough to win the game outright!

Yep, sounds like a lot of Sunderland supporters agree with you. Most are saying on their forum that it wasn’t a pen and that Leonard did get a toe to it, and were also in agreement that they were hanging on for the point at the end!

Scant consolation for us, I suppose, but had we taken our chances again, we could have won that game quite comfortably. As it was, Rab’s sublime taken goal was good enough to win the game outright!
If it had happened on the touchline ref would of give a throw.

I said in an earlier post it’s who takes their chances. Bradders could have scored 3, we can’t keep missing chances, goals scored wins games absolutely nothing else. Let’s hope Nisbet has settled in and found his feet

Great performance from the players but, fucking hell, when are we going to get a break?

But for Lenny’s rash challenge, think we would have seen the game out, but Mowbray’s triple substitution perked them all up and a couple of poor decisions by our players in the Sunderland box left things on a knife edge! Some shocking decisions by the ref, none more so than Sav’s booking which means he misses the game against the sheepshaggers next Saturday!

At least we stopped the losing streak, and the players can take heart from that performance and we can get another away win against the Taffs next week.
With Saville’s booking, the Ref had no choice 🤷‍♂️. It’s an automatic booking now for any player who raises his hand gesturing for an opponent to be booked 😔

Stupidity on George’s behalf 👎

Flemming & Bradshaw , 2. Glorious chances not found the net.

But better with Billy , Cooper, Nisbet starting.

Ref was always going to give that pen, we sat to deep and let them run into the box and then pushed up in the last 20 mins. Good couple of chances for us to win it but we take a point.