Southgate Win/Win Situation nw

PurleyLion

Staff member
Apparently Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants Southgate to replace Ten Hag.

If that happens it’s a win/win👍

England, at last, gets a progressive manager who will get the most out of potentially one of the most talented squad of players we’ve had in decades and United will continue to massively underachieve 🙏😉

England, at last, gets a progressive manager who will get the most out of potentially one of the most talented squad of players we’ve had in decades
That’s mighty optimistic of you. Gary Rowett might get the job

England, at last, gets a progressive manager who will get the most out of potentially one of the most talented squad of players we’ve had in decades and United will continue to massively underachieve 🙏😉
I'm sure United would take 10CC over Ten Hag

Me too, he normally has the golden touch so maybe he's seeing something that has eluded me during Southgate's tenure at Middlesborough and England.
I know the football has being boring & blinky is ex palarse & a bit woke but the (undeniable?) facts are that his results with England are the equal of Robson & Venables (if not better) and he’s only behind Ramsey’s World Cup win in the pecking order

If Nosegate cannot select and pick a decent winning team from the choice he as as England manager what chance have Manure utd got with him , one of the most lucky people to manage a football team but at least Gay boy Mcquire will get a game each week

I know the football has being boring & blinky is ex palarse & a bit woke but the (undeniable?) facts are that his results with England are the equal of Robson & Venables (if not better) and he’s only behind Ramsey’s World Cup win in the pecking order
Facts are facts and this is true, what can’t be proved is how well Venables and Robson would have done with this squad, but I’d venture that we wouldn’t have lost to Italy the way we did in the Euro final with either of those two. Southgate looked clueless after we took the lead.

I actually think Southgate is a thoroughly decent man, I just don’t think he’s a top coach.