Should GR get time till Xmas

Do we give GR time till Xmas

• Yes,

• No,

• Not sure

• Go now

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't care if it is Rowett or someone new, but for the love of God, ditch the 5 at the back, get on the front foot, play wide men who can cross to 2 forwards, have an attacking midfielder. The players are there ffs.

Why the fuck he didn't get a keeper in when Sarkic went down is a mystery. He had 2 weeks in that international break and did fuck all.

He has nullified Flemming. Emakhu and Nisbet must think they've fucked up coming here. Bradshaw runs all day but rarely sees the ball.

We are boring, easy to pick off, rarely have the ball and a spell of sustained pressure is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Apart from that, it's going well

The thing is mate he did ditch the five (or three if you prefer) at the back during the first half and switched to a more traditional back four but it made no difference. Flemming still strolled around like some kind of big shot, Nisbet was wasteful in good positions, Watmore ran around like a blue arsed fly without actually doing anything whilst our defenders took turns in trying to take people out in the upper tiers with some of the most atrocious attempts at passing you’re likely to see in the championship.

Only De Noore gets a pass from me over yesterdays performance, at least he actually tries to drive the team forward. Esse and Emakhu can be forgiven simply through age and inexperience although both have made mistakes that have cost us goals yesterday and against Leeds but that is something we will have accept while they learn.

The rest of them can get in the fucking bin along with Rowett and Barrett as far as I’m concerned.

I'm not one to clamour for the head of a manager after a few dodgy results and performances, but after yesterday it confirmed to me that GR & AB need to go.At the start of the 2nd half, the ball was played back only to be smashed up to not Watmore or Nisbet, but fucking Cooper, this alone showed me that the management team are desperate and devoid of real plans B,C,D etc.

NH took charge and restored some much respectability and Millwall ethos with little management ability, but I can remember some good games (not just the cup runs!), before eventually coming up way short and with some dignity left to be replaced by a 'proper' manager, now I feel we are at that point again and to be honest, I can't remember more than half dozen standout games under GR.

I think we were all honest enough to say that NH had run his course, so I find it difficult to give a manager who has more to spend than any other more time and I don't think Stoke City, Derby County and Birmingham supporters got it all wrong surely!?.

Time for a new manger with a more dynamic fresh approach to football and not go for some old cunt on the manager merry go round.

But hey, wtf do I know!.

Are the players working for the management team, at the moment seems not. Rowett tried all different permutations of playing nothing appears to stop the opposing teams generally. Tactics have long been sussed out by opposing managers. The Den is not a concern for opposing teams sadly.

He will get time because James Berylson and Kavanagh will not get rid of him yet. The trouble is, who do we get if he does go? People are saying Nathan Jones. No. Chris Wilder? More of the same. Dean Smith? Failed miserably in his last two jobs. Morison? Muscat? They are fantasy picks as manager. Nobody knows what they will bring. It could end in total disaster and despite all of Rowett's faults, we will not go down if he is still in charge. I am confident of that.

I think there are two viable options only. One is Warnock until the end of the season or Mark Warburton. Warburton has a patchy record but he did an excellent job at Brentford and then QPR and look at QPR now. He plays decent football and is down to earth and could be an alright fit but would still be a gamble. In all honesty, we are not dining at the top table when it comes to managers and attracting them. We will either get an unproven manager or a manager that has failed somewhere.

This is why it's a difficult call. Rowett has never finished in the bottom half of the table for any team he has ever managed in his career. That is a fact. It also a fact that he has been given more money than any other Millwall manager in our history yet we are performing badly. This squad is a lot better than our recent performances and he is not getting the best of out them.

I have been in the corner of we will not go down with GR

however I can’t take the shit soulless sterile lethargic boring lack of excitement football anymore

I used to have a zip in my step looking forward to going football this has been sucked out of me whereby I virtually groan when game day comes around

This run of turd football has sucked the passion out of the ground as well I have never seen so many supporters leave the ground so early once the inevitable 2nd and now 3rd goal hits the back of our net

The lack of passion has sucked everything that is Millwall out of all of us and it needs to stop before it is gone forever

I've never been one to call for Rowett to go until now. The team seem to have a real problem with completing even the most basic of passes to one another and cannot handle any kind of pressure from whoever the opposition is, this happens game after game and is something you would expect to be put right in training, yet it still goes on and at times our play is so poor we look like a non league side. If the management cannot see this or know how to rectify it, then it's time for them to go, not Just Rowett but Barret as well, he is league 2 standard at best.

I think his time is up. It’s becoming clear the players aren’t playing for him, going through the motions.

Rowett himself just seems like he’s run out of ideas and ran out of puff. It’s gone stale.

I can’t remember the last time I got out of my seat while watching Millwall. The crowds are always flat even with multiple sell outs in the last year. Time for a change. First time I’ve thought this, mind. But now I am convinced.

What I can’t understand is the people saying we won’t get relegated under Rowett. I would rather see us relegated playing attacking football than the drivel he serves up.
The Championship is not the be all and end all for Millwall. There’s no atmosphere at the Den any more.
I’ve been supporting Millwall for 70 years and I want my Millwall back before I go.

The fact that Millwall ain’t the same anymore isn’t to do with Rowett, as will become apparent when he does fuck off. The club have deliberately gone after the tourist/hipster pound note while lots of old school have fucked it off for varying reasons.

All those fans sat through teams and managers much much worse than the present set up but there has been a huge societal shift in the demographic of Millwall supporters in the last few years. We had a good run but the Millwall of old has gone and no new manager/coach/players/board is going to get it back. Football as a working class mans game that we grew up with and loved is all but finished.

If thrr we e is decent genuine alternative I wd call time on him now. We might win or draw a de and be mid table ish at Xmas. But will the football be different ? He cannot change. Never has

The fact that Millwall ain’t the same anymore isn’t to do with Rowett, as will become apparent when he does fuck off. The club have deliberately gone after the tourist/hipster pound note while lots of old school have fucked it off for varying reasons.

All those fans sat through teams and managers much much worse than the present set up but there has been a huge societal shift in the demographic of Millwall supporters in the last few years. We had a good run but the Millwall of old has gone and no new manager/coach/players/board is going to get it back. Football as a working class mans game that we grew up with and loved is all but finished.
I think that you have hit the nail on the head. Imo our 'core' supporter base has shrunk because of demographic change. I base my observations on Brixton - which is on the fringe of traditional Millwall territory - but I think that a similar story holds for Peckham, Lewisham, Southwark, etc?: The population is more transient.

Up until the '90s(?), people might move away but this was often temporary e.g. join the forces, short-term contract work, etc before returning to South London. Less so since then (I'm a case in point). Throw in other factors such as the increased 'real' cost of attending matches (even allowing for inflation), plus the greater availability of matches on the telly (makes it easier for kids to identify with PL players and teams) and imo it all points to a decline in our traditional local supporter base.

I'm low key starting to feel as though selling Flemming for £12.5m, wouldn't of been a bad bit of business ...

After the way this seasons going, he won't be worth a sniff of that.

I think that you have hit the nail on the head. Imo our 'core' supporter base has shrunk because of demographic change. I base my observations on Brixton - which is on the fringe of traditional Millwall territory - but I think that a similar story holds for Peckham, Lewisham, Southwark, etc?: The population is more transient.

Up until the '90s(?), people might move away but this was often temporary e.g. join the forces, short-term contract work, etc before returning to South London. Less so since then (I'm a case in point). Throw in other factors such as the increased 'real' cost of attending matches (even allowing for inflation), plus the greater availability of matches on the telly (makes it easier for kids to identify with PL players and teams) and imo it all points to a decline in our traditional local supporter base.
Spot on mate. I've got a season ticket and only been once this season (Bristol City). Train at £32, a pint a £7+ a go, throw in a bit of grub and I'm looking at close to £100 even with a ST. Add in to that train strikes a 4 hour round trip even when they are running and it's hard to get up for it.

Like loads of others, I really only go now to catch up with mates, but more and more of them are blowing it out.

Have to say I'm also not a fan of the gentrification of the area, seems weird to say it but the manor as well as the club is losing its identity

I'm low key starting to feel as though selling Flemming for £12.5m, wouldn't of been a bad bit of business ...

After the way this seasons going, he won't be worth a sniff of that.
Personally, I thought that £10m was a good deal for us. I would settled on £8m.

Still, wise after the event🤷

What I can’t understand is the people saying we won’t get relegated under Rowett. I would rather see us relegated playing attacking football than the drivel he serves up.
The Championship is not the be all and end all for Millwall. There’s no atmosphere at the Den any more.

The club can't survive efficiently long term on the Peanuts from League One takings, and they certainly won't want to take a massive reduction on TV revenue in favour of playing attacking Football that gets the club relegated. I'm not saying GR's long term future is the way to go, but there has to be some sensible decisions made.

Any new manager coming to the club (if there is one) will have Championship stability firmly in his plans, not gambling on pretty Football next season in League One. Otherwise, he will be out the door as well. And then the managerial merry-go-round will be in full swing.

Personally, I thought that £10m was a good deal for us. I would settled on £8m.

Still, wise after the event🤷
Think in this market at the current time, a midfielder scoring as many as Flemming did in the Champ, anything above £10m we should of taken. Especially seeing how much we spent this window.. would of been nice to of had the reassurance of some funds in the bank if needed for the Jan window.

Will just have to hope for a good turn of fortune I think mate.

Crazy how just a few bad results and performances have turned all expectations on their head!

The club can't survive efficiently long term on the Peanuts from League One takings, and they certainly won't want to take a massive reduction on TV revenue in favour of playing attacking Football that gets the club relegated. I'm not saying GR's long term future is the way to go, but there has to be some sensible decisions made.

Any new manager coming to the club (if there is one) will have Championship stability firmly in his plans, not gambling on pretty Football next season in League One. Otherwise, he will be out the door as well. And then the managerial merry-go-round will be in full swing.
I take your point. But surely there is more than just playing football not to lose and get relegated which seems to be Rowett’s main aim. I know we were close to the playoffs last season with him but Lady Luck was on our side some of the time. We just don’t seem to play attacking football anymore.

Excellent post.

I'm in a dilemma about Rowett leaving (immediately at least). On the one hand, I get the impression that 1) he has taken us as far as he can and 2) the majority of the fans (and squad?) are turning on him. On the other hand, I still don't think that we will be relegated under him.

Moreover, any potential new manager will have to work with the current squad until, at least, January and possibly until the summer. With the best will in the world, even Pep isn't going to turn Murray into John Stones, Billy into De Bruyne and Bradshaw into Haaland and have us playing Man City style football.

Agree with syrup 100%, it's just so predictable lately, and just so depressing to watch.
Due to travel situation and working hours had to jump a black cab at Regent St. to get to the Den Saturday..45 quid plus season ticket cost and sustenance....to watch that!!!!!!!!
Just go Rowett.......