Should GR get time till Xmas

Do we give GR time till Xmas

• Yes,

• No,

• Not sure

• Go now

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do i think we should bin off a manager that has improved us each season he's been here? No. He does need to decide what his best team is and stick with it for a number of games. I do think he's on a hiding to nothing after getting us so close last season. People will want more without considering what we're up against. I felt last season was a one off because the bigger teams had a poor season and we capitalised on that. Any other season we would have finished around twelth. Can't see him lasting long if we don't pick up form, the knives are already being sharpened and i think that's a bit unfair and daft. Be careful what you wish for. We're not promtion material.

Last edited:
See what you’re saying Peckham he can’t keep tinkering trying to find a winning formula needs a team he can mould. I think now his style of play has been found out. We’ve not played well for ages now. We did ok last year but that was like the prem when Leicester won it. Just watched Ipswich first half against Southampton and they look like a good football side. Young manager who plays a great passing game on the deck, well coached playing bright attacking football away from home. I think Rowett is slipping into dinosaur territory. Albeit he has stabilised us as a club.

Agree mate. The quality of football in this league is very good and has moved on from rigid, physical and percentages. We have quality in the two young lads, Flemming, De Norre, Nisbet but i guess Rowett isn't one for players that will take risks and leave us exposed. God knows mate, just hope he works it out and plays the players in the same manner that they did to first attract him to them.

Just watched second half and Ipswich won comfortably, really pleasing to the eye. Think they maybe misplaced a pass about 3:4 times all game. The disappointing thing is that I personally think we have all the ingredients with these players to actually produce good passing football. I think with all the good midfielders we got I would go now 4-5-1. Get control of the middle and pass our way through to feed Nisbet. Starting tomorrow

We need someone from the midfield to drop deep to collect the ball from the defence, otherwise Cooper, Wallace etc always resort to the long diagonal ball. I reckon we have the players capable of pulling the strings in Flemming and de norre so why not give it a go? Permanently relying on winning the second ball just ain't proving effective or entertaining

Think you're bang on the head with that one mate.

Appears as though the "soul" of the club is slowly disappearing. Home games are not the same as they use to be and haven't been for a long time. Big improvement to our away form, granted. Still, something doesn't seem quite right though.

If we had the Home form/fortress type ground we had under Harris at home, and GR's away results, we'd all be very content and somewhat happy I think.

Just makes it very apparent to me, that GR needs another/diifferent head alongside him, with fresh attacking idea's.

Not being funny, money of course plays a big part, but look at Luton. If you have a philosophy that works well, you play well... They didn't just have one good season either.. They'd been building momentum for a couple years.
My son just told me we e only won 5 home games in the whole of 2023. Needs to start attacking teams at home for sure. Not ‘nullifying their threat’, but making them worry about us a bit.

Last edited:
My son just told me we e only won 5 home games in the whole of 2023. Needs to start attacking teams at home for sure. Not ‘nullifying their threat’, but making them worry about us a bit.

Our Home form has be woeful to say the least, and for a club like us that really rely on our Home games for an added advantage to produce positive results over the course of the season, it is somewhat worrying!

Even though our Away results/record has been better over the years, It's never as strong as our typical "Millwall" performances of old at Home where we're are very hard team to beat and rarely not come away with minimum a point.

Think for GR it's very obvious what he needs to try and accomplish to win the majority of fans back over. Improve Home game performances, which fundamentally will improve the atmosphere and attitude our fans have towards GR and the team. Not saying it's easy, but knowing what the issue is, is better than not knowing at all!

Reactions: Owl
Do i think we should bin off a manager that has improved us each season he's been here? No. He does need to decide what his best team is and stick with it for a number of games. I do think he's on a hiding to nothing after getting us so close last season. People will want more without considering what we're up against. I felt last season was a one off because the bigger teams had a poor season and we capitalised on that. Any other season we would have finished around twelth. Can't see him lasting long if we don't pick up form, the knives are already being sharpened and i think that's a bit unfair and daft. Be careful what you wish for. We're not promtion material.
Spot on, what the fans want to see and what Millwall FC need as business are two different wishes. We've finished at highest positions constantly over the past four seasons in this division, since 1966/71 seasons. We've finished higher then dropped like a stone the following season. I think the club will stick by gr until the league position states the obvious. Consistent top half finishes is alot more profitable than being in league one although alot of the support seem to enjoy that division more.

In realistic terms, what would have to happen for GR to be sacked?

Personally, I think he's more than warranted enough time until the end of the season, as long as we're not relegated of course, which with the team/players we have, I don't see happening, and going by GR's record, wouldn't happen.

How many teams honestly fully turn it around when hiring a new manager midseason/throughout the season? & In terms of Millwall improving, would mean we'd be expecting to finish top 3/4, following on from last year. Which isn't realistic in this league, this year. As stated by others, we we're fortunate with the bigger teams having bad seasons last year, otherwise we'd of finished mid table.

Patience is the answer this year, annoyingly, but understandably.

To put it into perspective, the team we have now, is an improvement on the one last year. Just a different level of competition, which is out of our control.

In realistic terms, what would have to happen for GR to be sacked?

Personally, I think he's more than warranted enough time until the end of the season, as long as we're not relegated of course, which with the team/players we have, I don't see happening, and going by GR's record, wouldn't happen.

How many teams honestly fully turn it around when hiring a new manager midseason/throughout the season? & In terms of Millwall improving, would mean we'd be expecting to finish top 3/4, following on from last year. Which isn't realistic in this league, this year. As stated by others, we we're fortunate with the bigger teams having bad seasons last year, otherwise we'd of finished mid table.

Patience is the answer this year, annoyingly, but understandably.

To put it into perspective, the team we have now, is an improvement on the one last year. Just a different level of competition, which is out of our control.
Good post

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we are two points off the playoff and this thread looks absolutely ludicrous now.
As do the 54.7% of people who didn’t vote yes.

Why! Just because we won a game against a really shit side??
No because we are only two points off the playoffs and some people on here behave as success is an entitlement which, as a Wall fan, it’s never been. We (at least I) don’t support Millwall because we are glory hunters & that’s how it should be.
If you want instant success buy a lottery ticket, but you’ll have a long wait

No because we are only two points off the playoffs and some people on here behave as success is an entitlement which, as a Wall fan, it’s never been. We (at least I) don’t support Millwall because we are glory hunters & that’s how it should be.
Fair play OaG, but likewise, we've all questioned the quality and perceived confusion at points regarding these tactical mishaps and the boredom brought on by the aforementioned (though apparently yesterday was exceptional- but as Cray remarks, Rov not exactly a great yardstick to reckon up whether thingsvwill/can change).. I'm not up for glory hunting either - almost think league 1 more suitable WHILE he was/is, whatever.. attempting to "build," if you see where I'm at. My own problem with it all is simply this particular brand of play. It's catch 22 for me.. Don't like seeing us lose but cannot stand AT POINTS, the "way" in which we win many times.
If he takes the chains off and let's them go at it (No, not talking about an @Ulster Lion video tape there...) I'll be the first to defend and support - but, a lot of the criticism is quite warranted- perhaps it seems fickle like but seems to me that it's all for different reasons- some valid, some not. @Andover_Lion posted quote regarding him seemingly being impressed by strategies involving the purposeful giving up of possession at points is not really a very heartening thing to observe. I have never liked such win at all costs strategies as they, in my opinion, affect negatively the play of sport overall.. Kind of like American basketball where they purposefully foul the worst shooting players in hopes of pulling out squeakers.. Legal? Yes- but ugly at points? Likewise, yes.
Value everyone's posts, both pro and anti- it's a difficult league this season for sure and that's going to bring strong views from either side of the debate 👍 cheers and chins up one and all, glad we got 3 and hope it continues- if it does, well then he'll have earned his way above SOME of the criticisms being leveled.

Neither am I, I don’t want to see us in the premiership, I think it will destroy the club as we know it, I just cannot for the life of me understand what or why Rowett does the things he does, formations , tactics , substitutions and playing unfit players.
We have some good players so we will win some games but this manager inspires very little confidence!

I suppose I’ve never plated managers when we win (apart from The Doc :clap:) and I’ve never really slagged off managers when we lose (apart from Holloway, of course ;))
We are all in it together

Neither am I, I don’t want to see us in the premiership, I think it will destroy the club as we know it, I just cannot for the life of me understand what or why Rowett does the things he does, formations , tactics , substitutions and playing unfit players.
We have some good players so we will win some games but this manager inspires very little confidence!
See there what you done? Said in 3 sentences what I took 3 fucking paragraphs saying 🤣👍

Members online

No members online now.