Should GR get time till Xmas

Do we give GR time till Xmas

• Yes,

• No,

• Not sure

• Go now

Results are only viewable after voting.
The whole club has become stale in his time here and it’s getting worse, oppo players and fans laughing at the Den these days. 3 home wins in the last 11 any other manger would be feeling the heat a lot more. Emakhu on as a LWB…..borderline holloway sub there. What’s his playing style I have no idea anymore?

When was there ever ever the belief (or the reality) of us smashing a side by 3 or 4. GRdoes what he always did. The fans shit from his previous clubs is deep rooted. I wd rather make a future looking move now than see him ducking n running in the car park in 3 months

We’ve always made it into a battle when we’ve played Leeds in recent years and unsettled them especially at home. Morison up front gave us that physical presence that we sorely missed today.

We had no width or creativity playing 3 similar central midfielders and 2 similar centre forwards without height or quick pace. I really don’t know what Rowett’s plan was to score today apart from pinching the odd goal. The subs and change of formation at the end was straight out of the Holloway handbook.

I’ve got no confidence in Rowett getting the best out of the squad at his disposal and can’t wait to see the back of him.

Last edited:
We will struggle all the time his one instruction is, knock it long for Bradshaw! Either change the tactics or get a target man in!
Same with the corners, try something other then look for Cooper.
Just saying!

I’m really torn on Rowett, in the past I’ve always either liked or disliked the manager.

Rowett has certainly brought good players in and we have a strong squad. All I want him to do is play to our strengths, 4 at the back and 2 up front. I don’t give a crap if the midfield 4 is a diamond, flat or even the old French 2+2.

Don’t play players out of position, play the in form players and don’t change a winning team and when we are defending a corner stick a couple of our players up the pitch so we push some of their players back and give us a potential outlet to counter and when we are under the cosh close the game out with a 451 and stop the ball coming into our box in the first place rather than sitting deep waiting for it to land in our area causing mayhem. Is it too much to ask???

I’m really torn on Rowett, in the past I’ve always either liked or disliked the manager.

Rowett has certainly brought good players in and we have a strong squad. All I want him to do is play to our strengths, 4 at the back and 2 up front. I don’t give a crap if the midfield 4 is a diamond, flat or even the old French 2+2.

Don’t play players out of position, play the in form players and don’t change a winning team and when we are defending a corner stick a couple of our players up the pitch so we push some of their players back and give us a potential outlet to counter and when we are under the cosh close the game out with a 451 and stop the ball coming into our box in the first place rather than sitting deep waiting for it to land in our area causing mayhem. Is it too much to ask???
How dare you talk sense on this forum.....
Yes mate, it sounds like basic tactics, and common sense, but I agree with it being madness to play lads out of their natural positions.
This 'small squad syndrome' doesn't help, but if we have a regular player crocked, it sometimes feels like the whole machine breaks down.

They scored 2 today from us having the ball in their area seconds earlier. Can't remember whether they were just from corners or not. They had 2 just outside their area and once we gave away possession, had options to move up the pitch at pace. We don't ever have that, as we are all in our own 6 yard box.

We were just outplayed on the day by a better team. Leeds' squad has depth and are one of the favourites to go up... why are some so surprised they beat us!?

GR did a better than fair job last season, we have new players that need to gel and we haven't played 10 games yet, not sure what some people on here expect.

There are 3 teams that haven't even got a single win yet. It's getting quite embarrassing that every time we lose.. there are some on here who are becoming a one trick pony... why not divert on Saturday to Selhurst park... you'd be more suited down there. It's never easy being a Millwall fan but one thing I have noticed is that genuine fans have a bit more resilience that what I am reading on here.

If we are staring at the relegation zone by Christmas and the board have lost confidence in GR then I am sure the board will do something about it.

If you can't stop crying about Millwalls' poor run (every team has them) then maybe give football a break until you mature a bit, because going to the Den and berating the manager and team ISN'T helping.

It's beginning to sound like the Charlton thread on here... seriously, get a grip.

I, and I would guess others have been mislead by the differening titles of the post and the title of the poll

It would appear so. 😒

I think he has taken us as far as he can. We have some very talented players that could cause a lot of problems for teams in this division, I just don't think Rowett has the knowhow to get the best out of them and the squad in general. Some of the football I have seen us play in patches, proves that we can do it, but formation and orders from the gaffer prevent us from seeing our full potential. We need a change to the way we play, now by doing that, it might see results and performances drop for a while until the team get used to a different way of doing things, but the outcome might be a better more attack minded team instead of the hoof to Bradshaw that seems to be only way forward at times.

The whole club has become stale in his time here and it’s getting worse, oppo players and fans laughing at the Den these days. 3 home wins in the last 11 any other manger would be feeling the heat a lot more. Emakhu on as a LWB…..borderline holloway sub there. What’s his playing style I have no idea anymore?
I totally agree with this don't like calling for managers to be sacked but I think he's taken us as far a he can.

Look he's done a great job with the budgets he's had but I think a new manager might freshen things up

Be careful what you wish for though

Be interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes. The recruitment team appear to be doing a great job only to see the signings getting splinters in their arses or being played out of position. The coaches are all defenders, that don't help either. Just look at the attacking talent we have - Bradshaw, Nisbet, Flemming, Watmore, Emakhu, Esse - Rowett has to find the system that brings the best out of these players or he'll be gone by Christmas.

Be interesting to know what goes on behind the scenes. The recruitment team appear to be doing a great job only to see the signings getting splinters in their arses or being played out of position. The coaches are all defenders, that don't help either. Just look at the attacking talent we have - Bradshaw, Nisbet, Flemming, Watmore, Emakhu, Esse - Rowett has to find the system that brings the best out of these players or he'll be gone by Christmas.

The recruitment is baffling.

I cant for the life of me see why we signed Campbell, if he's defensive, we have Mitchell, Saville & Caspar. If he's attacking, we have Esse & Flemming. Seems like funds that could have been used elsewhere.

Also, man management. Bradshaw just of the back of his best season at this level, cast aside and dropped for Nisbett, barely had a look in. Not saying Nisbett aint decent, but how would you feel if you were Bradshaw?

Then there's Esse, waiting for a chance. Gets started v Norwich, no chance of a win there realistically. The cast aside again. Finally Flemming gets dropped, Esse should be next starter, nope, he plays an unfit Campbell.

Harding, did well when he came on for Hutch, dropped back on the bench.