Should GR get time till Xmas

Do we give GR time till Xmas

• Yes,

• No,

• Not sure

• Go now

Results are only viewable after voting.
The recruitment is baffling.

I cant for the life of me see why we signed Campbell, if he's defensive, we have Mitchell, Saville & Caspar. If he's attacking, we have Esse & Flemming. Seems like funds that could have been used elsewhere.

Also, man management. Bradshaw just of the back of his best season at this level, cast aside and dropped for Nisbett, barely had a look in. Not saying Nisbett aint decent, but how would you feel if you were Bradshaw?

Then there's Esse, waiting for a chance. Gets started v Norwich, no chance of a win there realistically. The cast aside again. Finally Flemming gets dropped, Esse should be next starter, nope, he plays an unfit Campbell.

Harding, did well when he came on for Hutch, dropped back on the bench.
Agree with everything here, Campbell looks like a poor man's Mitchell!

I cant for the life of me see why we signed Campbell, if he's defensive, we have Mitchell, Saville & Caspar. If he's attacking, we have Esse & Flemming. Seems like funds that could have been used elsewhere.

Also, man management. Bradshaw just of the back of his best season at this level, cast aside and dropped for Nisbett, barely had a look in. Not saying Nisbett aint decent, but how would you feel if you were Bradshaw?

Then there's Esse, waiting for a chance. Gets started v Norwich, no chance of a win there realistically. The cast aside again. Finally Flemming gets dropped, Esse should be next starter, nope, he plays an unfit Campbell.

You all will know that i never punish anyone here with my opinions on formation, tactics, or anything fucking else for that matter (short of the Fat One from time to time); however, I'll ring in to say that, regardless of safety's sake outcomes (read: BO-RING...) sometimes, this is an absolutely boring, SNOREFEST brand of football. Can't even be arsed to purchase a season pass this time. I've learned something though.. I'd definitely take all the losses in the world for some exciting, risk taking football at this point. Call it sloppy, amateurish, whatever but some fucking life in the game for this club would see me purchasing my usual season pass... Some unchained, ungovernable force on the pitch that just scares the shit out of friend and foe alike. Action. Now.
🦉

Last edited:

Agree on Campbell, but the squad put together is decent. There aren't many areas where we look short now (keeper stands out), but I agree, it's the man management and tactics.

It feels like the recruitment team are buying players, but Rowett doesn't know how to use them.

As well as the points you make, De Norrie coming off yesterday was baffling. Would definitely have started Harding yesterday he must be wondering why he signed.

Totally baffling vote:
The thread says “should GR go? But the vote says “should we give him to Xmas?
Think I voted no meaning No to should he go now & I’ve just realised I was voting No to giving him to Xmas, which of course is the exact opposite.
I demand a re count

Totally baffling vote:
Think I voted no meaning No to should he go now & I’ve just realised I was voting No to giving him to Xmas, which of course is the exact opposite.
I demand a re count
Scrooge.

Totally baffling vote:
I demand a re count
Give him till Xmas was a remark I made but it won’t let me edit that,so I changed the post title to match it.

Had time to sleep on yesterday and frankly we were poor. It struck me after we had'nt scored with all the early pressure we lost faith that we would. It was'nt helped when Leeds scored immediately after our man was fouled by a knee to his thigh. When did that become legitimate? Basically we were too cautious and too slow in getting the ball forward. No determination not that bit of bite you need . The team are too cautious ,not enough determination nor belief. Totally " unwall:
On fact it is bloody boring to watch.

it was an awful display, first ten minutes looked ok, probed and looked good for a goal. They scored and we scrambled after that, their second put us on the canvas. Should GR go? Not yet but the system with a number of new players (that need to bed in and get used to us) and continued lack of goals is a worry.

I struggle to pick a first 11. Seems like GR does too, the new signings aren’t improving the squad at the moment so I’d go back to what did work last season with a couple of additions into the mix. That and play them in their preferred/best positions.

I have been saying for ages that since Davidson left we needed a better no 2 and some forward thinking back room staff. , what the fk do they do in training??? They can’t pass two foot to another player and the ball is like a hot potato, we have seen at times some fantastic link up play , but that lasts 2 min and back to hoofball , all attacks start from a hoof from Cooper or mainly Murray /Hutch. , none of these players can do much more than they do , Billy don’t look for a forward pass just back to the affore mentioned who hoof to the opponents defenders heads , there is so much talent in the midfield and up top but not enough movement or link up play , our corners are terrible , when was the last time we scored from a header? Cooper don’t get his head in anything as he is well marked and the opposition know what’s coming.
Now I love all the players mentioned but they are so limited in what they do , rock solid mostly when we are backs to the wall defending but that’s all , the new boys look good on the ball but are GR’s tactics going to ruin them going forward? ,
Im not sure about getting rid of GR , we have had great seasons under him , the football is fkn mind numbingly boring mostly but it’s the results that really matter , he will never go full on attack as whenever we go all out we get hit by a sucker punch breakaway goal and conceded 2 or 3 easy goals , if we go two down it’s game over and if we go one up we try hold on no matter how long left in the game, the fans are turning on GR and every bad run will up the pressure on him , unless we start to play well he will be gone this season for sure .

Sussed, if teams press us we cannot combat it. If prem teams can’t play out from the back we definitely won’t. Game has changed but don’t think Rowett has. Tactical nous is needed something radical.

Reactions: Owl
Just feels as though we have no attacking "spark" or philosophy at the moment.

Least when we played route 1 football before you could see our plan, but It feels like we can't even do that nowadays.

All fart no poo it seems.
Right, it looks confused- uninspire or something.. Can't quite put a finger on it but someone needs to put a finger IN it and twist for fuck's sake.. I've followed this club a handy fucking minute- no, not like you lot but I don't fucking live there- but I can say these last 2 seasons I've struggled to even finish watching matches at points. Doesn't feel the same somehow and that's pretty bad coming from my lot as we're removed by about 7 billion miles and rely upon the tube ( and you fellas) to keep up. This isn't a slag off to anyone here that feels differently- I'm just saying it's been boring is all.

Right, it looks confused- uninspire or something.. Can't quite put a finger on it but someone needs to put a finger IN it and twist for fuck's sake.. I've followed this club a handy fucking minute- no, not like you lot but I don't fucking live there- but I can say these last 2 seasons I've struggled to even finish watching matches at points. Doesn't feel the same somehow and that's pretty bad coming from my lot as we're removed by about 7 billion miles and rely upon the tube ( and you fellas) to keep up. This isn't a slag off to anyone here that feels differently- I'm just saying it's been boring is all.

Think you're bang on the head with that one mate.

Appears as though the "soul" of the club is slowly disappearing. Home games are not the same as they use to be and haven't been for a long time. Big improvement to our away form, granted. Still, something doesn't seem quite right though.

If we had the Home form/fortress type ground we had under Harris at home, and GR's away results, we'd all be very content and somewhat happy I think.

Just makes it very apparent to me, that GR needs another/diifferent head alongside him, with fresh attacking idea's.

Not being funny, money of course plays a big part, but look at Luton. If you have a philosophy that works well, you play well... They didn't just have one good season either.. They'd been building momentum for a couple years.

Think you're bang on the head with that one mate.

Appears as though the "soul" of the club is slowly disappearing. Home games are not the same as they use to be and haven't been for a long time. Big improvement to our away form, granted. Still, something doesn't seem quite right though.

If we had the Home form/fortress type ground we had under Harris at home, and GR's away results, we'd all be very content and somewhat happy I think.

Just makes it very apparent to me, that GR needs another/diifferent head alongside him, with fresh attacking idea's.

Not being funny, money of course plays a big part, but look at Luton. If you have a philosophy that works well, you play well... They didn't just have one good season either.. They'd been building momentum for a couple years.
To continue along the lines of your scatalogical analogy, we've all been watching him "hold it" thinking something will break loose.. but just doesn't seem to be dropping anything.. So it's all a bit of a constipated feeling.. And we all know what that feels like, ja? So, perhaps it's time to shit or get off the pot 👍

To continue along the lines of your scatalogical analogy, we've all been watching him "hold it" thinking something will break loose.. but just doesn't seem to be dropping anything.. So it's all a bit of a constipated feeling.. And we all know what that feels like, ja? So, perhaps it's time to shit or get off the pot 👍

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Couldn't of said it any better myself!!!