Rowett wanting out?

I sometimes wonder what planet some of our supporters are on 🤔

Our promising youngsters can do the job! Olaofe isn’t a regular starter for Sutton; Tiensa (who was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread) is plying his trade with Dover at the bottom of the Conference! Burey did well at Hartlepool but from what I’ve seen so far, isn’t ready to set the World alight. Who are the others that are going to turn the fortunes of this team round?

Get a new manager in who will have us playing passionate attacking football 🤦‍♂️ Pep would struggle to get our current squad playing attacking football 🤦‍♂️

I accept some of GR’s acquisitions leave much to be desired but we have to be realistic in that we’re not the most desirable club to join. I’d like to to see Mahoney get more game time but who would he replace and would he put at risk this team’s strongest asset, our defence?

GR isn’t perfect by any means but he doesn’t deserve the flack he gets on a constant basis 🤷‍♂️

When it comes to Millwall there’s no magic wand that can be waved to suddenly turn our club round and the sooner the “moaners” realise this the better!

That’s why we had more success under Harris than we’ve had under Rowett, because what Harris wanted from his team was what the supporters wanted,
Are you having a laugh? Harris ball was fucking painful to watch bar when we went all out in big cup games. We had success under Harris cause we were in the third division at the time. It wasn't what the supporters that were cunting Harris, his wife and kids wanted. It wasn't what most bods on our forums wanted going by what was written at the time. The Millwall spirit will only get you so far, it's not the eighties anymore.

Our promising youngsters can do the job! Olaofe isn’t a regular starter for Sutton;
My mate has watched Sutton twice in the last month, his opinion of Olafe is that he has a long long way to go before being able to cope and produce in league one, never mind the championship. He seems to echo what our manager and scouts think, who are all wrong of course :rolleyes:

I believe there is something in this rumour when you consider a)Rowett has previous for tapping up other clubs whilst still employed and (b) he is out of contract at the end of the season. Only time will tell.

Also, I thought managers have to get the clubs okay to speak to other clubs while they are under contract? Same for another club when they want to approach another clubs manager?

If that's the case, I should think certain sports pages would have printed it. There's always a whistle blower grass wanting to stir the shit and alert the social media networks.
:ROFLMAO:

Do you mean, Jenny? Who's gonna want her? Other than Ulster and his zero quality control.**
:grinning:

View attachment 17020
Wouldn't kick her out on a cold night.

Our promising youngsters can do the job! Olaofe isn’t a regular starter for Sutton; Tiensa (who was going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread) is plying his trade with Dover at the bottom of the Conference! Burey did well at Hartlepool but from what I’ve seen so far, isn’t ready to set the World alight. Who are the others that are going to turn the fortunes of this team round?

Get a new manager in who will have us playing passionate attacking football 🤦‍♂️ Pep would struggle to get our current squad playing attacking football 🤦‍♂️

I accept some of GR’s acquisitions leave much to be desired but we have to be realistic in that we’re not the most desirable club to join. I’d like to to see Mahoney get more game time but who would he replace and would he put at risk this team’s strongest asset, our defence?

GR isn’t perfect by any means but he doesn’t deserve the flack he gets on a constant basis 🤷‍♂️

When it comes to Millwall there’s no magic wand that can be waved to suddenly turn our club round and the sooner the “moaners” realise this the better!
I totally agree, personally I think the manager has done well with what he has to work with.

It always baffles me when fans shout the ‘play the youngsters!!’ mantra when we’re struggling like it’s a quick fix instant solution but it simply doesn’t work like that. I remember the stick Harris took on here because he wouldn’t chuck a 16yr old George Alexander into the midst of a desperate championship relegation battle while names like Twardek, White, Chesmain, Harvey were thrown around. One poster lost all sense of reason and accused Harris of ‘criminally wasting the most talented bunch of youngsters in the clubs history’.

I think Rowett has the right approach which is to find them decent loans at professional clubs and see if they can improve and adapt at that level. What most fans forget is the gap between U23s football and the cut and thrust of the championship is huge, play them too early and you risk ruining their development completely, like Holloway selfishly did with Nelson.

Any decent young player has more of a chance to come through at Millwall currently than in a long time which is probably borne out of necessity (covid related drop in income, high transfer fees, ridiculous player/agent demands) than anything else. McNamara and Mitchell and to lesser extent (at the moment) Burey have shown that while Alex Mitchell and Muller alongside Boatang will hopefully follow in the near future.

We not not have spent money on new signings but on the other hand Benik & Olly are on a fortune in wages (although I’m not sure what part if any their own clubs pay towards it?)

Plus if you feel sorry for GR his two “big money” signings for Stoke were Benik Afobe & Ryan Woods and he managed to wank away £19 million on those two! (P.s. they sacked him four days later)

Members online