Rowett wanting out?

Let's be brutally honest, you can understand why Rowett applied for the West Brom job, bugger club than us, recent premier league history and of course, much closer to his family home.

Is this true? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I think the ex-West Brom manager Ismael would be a good fit for us. High tempo, up and at 'em football. Did very well at Barnsley. Plenty of managers have struggled at West Brom due to their weird set-up and chairman.

Can't argue with this. They were hugely negative. He'll be lucky to be in the job at the end of the season.

Is this true? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

I think the ex-West Brom manager Ismael would be a good fit for us. High tempo, up and at 'em football. Did very well at Barnsley. Plenty of managers have struggled at West Brom due to their weird set-up and chairman.

West Brom are one of the rumoured jobs he applied for, no idea if true.

Can't blame him if he did as it's on his doorstep. Not easy to have family elsewhere and only seeing them a few times a week. His wife could be on a cocksearch while he's down here.

Exactly my rationale, couldn't blame him and wouldn't be bothered if he'd got it. His mrs is probably on the search as Gary is probably a bit vanilla at home

Think most on here would just like a new manager who ‘gets’ us, the supporters, and wants what we want: players trying their best, with passion and desire, as well as playing better, more attacking football (none of which we have always got under Rowett!)! Anything on top of that would be a welcome bonus!

The atmosphere at the Den is soulless, and has been for sometime! Attendance has dropped, yet neither GR or the board seem to twig why that is! It’s almost as if they can’t see it’s their fault that we’re not signing the right players, or playing more attractive, attacking football!

There doesn’t seem to be anything on the OS about Afobe, and whether he’s now injured (I heard he might have done his hamstring), so no one knows if we actually have a forward player to lead the line against QPR tomorrow night!

If we don’t, then serious questions need to be asked as to why no out and out forward player was signed in the transfer window, when we let Bod and Smith go with no cover to help Afobe! Granted, Bod would have been next to useless, but at the very least, Smith could have got some game time, when needed!

I suppose if Afobe is out tomorrow night, Rowett could play Jed and Bennett up front, keep Burke and Malone (Mahoney?) on the wings, and see how that goes, but we will have to be at some kind of full strength, or else I can see QPR getting a draw, if not a win against us!
To be fair mate, I don't want another manager that "gets us". Holloway got us and look what he did. For me, it's all about being able to get the best out of the team and be able to win games of football. When Drawett took over, he got us in good shape and we all thought (well I did) that we were improving and a push at the play offs was likely. He's then gone on to bring in average players that he knows from previous clubs, ignoring some of the really promising youngsters we have within the club. As an example, I would hazard a guess that Olafe would come back and do better than an over paid Benik. We would also benefit from playing the other youngsters we have, such as Burey and co.

As some have mentioned on this thread, Drawett may well be frustrated with his lack of financial support from JB and SK. If that's the case, play the younger players that are hungry. Some of our more senior players such as Malone, Evans, Pearce and co are all past it but keep getting picked.

We have Bart in Goal, Cooper, Hutch, Wallace and Danny at the back.
This is a back 5 to build on.

We don't need to defend from midfield every week when you have a back 5 this good. Drawett needs to change his outlook on the way we play football. Play a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and get at teams. Even play a 4-5-1 but playing as a 4-3-3 when we attack. Its so depressing to watch it's untrue at times.

To be fair mate, I don't want another manager that "gets us". Holloway got us and look what he did. For me, it's all about being able to get the best out of the team and be able to win games of football. When Drawett took over, he got us in good shape and we all thought (well I did) that we were improving and a push at the play offs was likely. He's then gone on to bring in average players that he knows from previous clubs, ignoring some of the really promising youngsters we have within the club. As an example, I would hazard a guess that Olafe would come back and do better than an over paid Benik. We would also benefit from playing the other youngsters we have, such as Burey and co.

As some have mentioned on this thread, Drawett may well be frustrated with his lack of financial support from JB and SK. If that's the case, play the younger players that are hungry. Some of our more senior players such as Malone, Evans, Pearce and co are all past it but keep getting picked.

We have Bart in Goal, Cooper, Hutch, Wallace and Danny at the back.
This is a back 5 to build on.

We don't need to defend from midfield every week when you have a back 5 this good. Drawett needs to change his outlook on the way we play football. Play a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 and get at teams. Even play a 4-5-1 but playing as a 4-3-3 when we attack. Its so depressing to watch it's untrue at times.
Couldn’t agree with you more, Champs!

We do need a manager who can get the best out of the team and win football games, but the ’gets us’ bit was, as I said in my post, more to do with the manager wanting the same as the supporters: players trying their best, with passion and desire, as well as playing better, more attacking football. We’ve seen bits of that with Rowett and the team, but not nearly enough!

That’s why we had more success under Harris than we’ve had under Rowett, because what Harris wanted from his team was what the supporters wanted, and apart from his last season with us, Harris pretty much delivered that!

Think most on here would just like a new manager who ‘gets’ us, the supporters,
Holloway and Harris both ticked that box.
Attendance has dropped, yet neither GR or the board seem to twig why that is! It’s almost as if they can’t see it’s their fault that we’re not signing the right players, or playing more attractive, attacking football!
It might also have something to do with the price of match tickets (£36) and Covid breaking peoples habits of going to football. The quality of football served up has been shit for years yet our attendances were at an all time high. I'd like to see you given the reigns in the board for a season then you'd realise that running Millwall isn't as easy and simplistic as you make out in some of your posts. Just go out and buy players that can play atrractive and attacking football you say, that's a lovely sentiment until you have to cough up the money that these type of players cost, all eleven of them.