Rowett wanting out?

Perhaps JB/Kavanagh/the Board, should ask themselves why Rowett wants to leave? Could it be that, since becoming our manager, Rowett has only spent about £1.6M on three actual players, and all three of these were undisclosed fees? Bart (thought to be £350,000), Evans (thought to be £750,000), and Bennett (thought to be £500,000)! Saville’s fee has also remained undisclosed, so £1.6M is the official figure Rowett has spent!

The remainder of Rowett’s signings were those initially brought to the club on season long loans, which eventually turned into free transfers! Did Rowett actually want any of those loan players, or were they thrust upon him because the club could only afford to pay part of the loanees salaries, and not spend the likes of £2M (plus player salary), to snatch players like Kiefer Moore off Cardiff, and bring him to the Den?

Was Rowett pissed off that Derby turned down our offer of £450,000 for Louis Sibley, yet accepted Wigan‘s £30,000 offer for Graeme Shinnie? I think he probably was! Did we not sign the two Dutch players, Flemming and Ramselaar, simply because we couldn’t meet their respective clubs asking price? Definitely, I would say!

I admit I want Rowett out because of his dull, defensive football, but I can also understand that things might have been different for him (and for us, the supporters), if he had been given a decent transfer kitty at the end of his first season, when we finished 8th in the league and two points off the 6th placed play off spot! Had JB/Kavanagh/the board backed him then, he may have been able to buy in the right players to improve his squad and have them really challenging for the play offs the following season!

Alas, it was not meant to be, and subsequent transfer windows have come and gone, but the penny pinching and lack of vision/forward thinking has continued, to the point where Rowett has finally realised that he has taken us as far as he can, on the meagre yearly transfer budget given to him by the club! I’ve no doubt that him applying for “other managerial roles,” will be for clubs that can afford to give their managers decent transfer budgets that keep within the Financial Fair Play rules, but which also gives them the chance to create a team that can be successful and challenging for honours and promotion!
I thought Harris brought Bart in.

Surely no one believes that Rowett has been applying for other jobs. Take Sunderland for instance, if he had gone for it he would have got it or at least been one of the front runners. As an experienced championship manager making a decent fist of a difficult job at the moment a club like Sunderland would surely be interested in him.

Plus don’t you think that it would have been picked up by the media? If not by sources around Millwall then 100% by local reporters up there. So far the only ‘rumours’ seem to stem from the car park and perpetrated by fans who want him out no matter what he does.

I wouldn’t blame him personally if he does want to fuck off. We’ve got shit support and next to fuck all money to spend in one of the most toughest leagues in Europe yet here we are sitting relatively safe in late winter and competing week in week out against sides who spend money on players we can only dream of.

Some of our fan base need a reality check if they think that we can simply afford to pay managers off for every 18 months until we find someone who’s going to come in and somehow miraculously get this squad playing like a prime Barcelona.
Spot on.

people make up shit all the time - and so many people on this board think everything they read is true. has anyone got actual proof he has been applying for other management roles?​

Also, I thought managers have to get the clubs okay to speak to other clubs while they are under contract? Same for another club when they want to approach another clubs manager?

If that's the case, I should think certain sports pages would have printed it. There's always a whistle blower grass wanting to stir the shit and alert the social media networks.

Harris took Bart on a season long loan (2019/2020) but it was Rowett who signed him (think it was in January 2020), so it would have been him that went to the board to ask them for the money! Thankfully for us, JB okayed it!

I think the initial deal to sign Bart in the summer of 2019 from a recently relegated Ipswich Town was complicated by an old knee injury that was picked up in the medical so it was agreed to be a loan with a deal to make it permanent after so many games.

The funniest thing was that the smug Ipswich fans were totally convinced that he was just keeping warm in the championship while they inevitably stormed league one and we were relegated so he could swap back over a season later. Nearly three years down the line and we’re sitting comfortably in the championship with Bart still our No.1 while Ipswich are still treading water alongside the likes of Cheltenham, Accrington,Fleetwood and Charlton in the abyss that is league one!

Didn’t like Rowett before he came to us as either a player or a pundit on Sky and didn’t want him as our manager….. but I have no problem with the job he has done and is doing for us and wouldn’t mind him signing a new contract with us. Not sure who would do better with the same budget Or what people realistically expect would be an improvement on Rowett.
Think most on here would just like a new manager who ‘gets’ us, the supporters, and wants what we want: players trying their best, with passion and desire, as well as playing better, more attacking football (none of which we have always got under Rowett!)! Anything on top of that would be a welcome bonus!

The atmosphere at the Den is soulless, and has been for sometime! Attendance has dropped, yet neither GR or the board seem to twig why that is! It’s almost as if they can’t see it’s their fault that we’re not signing the right players, or playing more attractive, attacking football!

There doesn’t seem to be anything on the OS about Afobe, and whether he’s now injured (I heard he might have done his hamstring), so no one knows if we actually have a forward player to lead the line against QPR tomorrow night!

If we don’t, then serious questions need to be asked as to why no out and out forward player was signed in the transfer window, when we let Bod and Smith go with no cover to help Afobe! Granted, Bod would have been next to useless, but at the very least, Smith could have got some game time, when needed!

I suppose if Afobe is out tomorrow night, Rowett could play Jed and Bennett up front, keep Burke and Malone (Mahoney?) on the wings, and see how that goes, but we will have to be at some kind of full strength, or else I can see QPR getting a draw, if not a win against us!

I think the initial deal to sign Bart in the summer of 2019 from a recently relegated Ipswich Town was complicated by an old knee injury that was picked up in the medical so it was agreed to be a loan with a deal to make it permanent after so many games.

The funniest thing was that the smug Ipswich fans were totally convinced that he was just keeping warm in the championship while they inevitably stormed league one and we were relegated so he could swap back over a season later. Nearly three years down the line and we’re sitting comfortably in the championship with Bart still our No.1 while Ipswich are still treading water alongside the likes of Cheltenham, Accrington,Fleetwood and Charlton in the abyss that is league one!
Isn’t Karma wonderful? 🤣

Think most on here would just like a new manager who ‘gets’ us, the supporters, and wants what we want: players trying their best, with passion and desire, as well as playing better, more attacking football (none of which we have always got under Rowett!)! Anything on top of that would be a welcome bonus!

The atmosphere at the Den is soulless, and has been for sometime! Attendance has dropped, yet neither GR or the board seem to twig why that is! It’s almost as if they can’t see it’s their fault that we’re not signing the right players, or playing more attractive, attacking football!

There doesn’t seem to be anything on the OS about Afobe, and whether he’s now injured (I heard he might have done his hamstring), so no one knows if we actually have a forward player to lead the line against QPR tomorrow night!

If we don’t, then serious questions need to be asked as to why no out and out forward player was signed in the transfer window, when we let Bod and Smith go with no cover to help Afobe! Granted, Bod would have been next to useless, but at the very least, Smith could have got some game time, when needed!

I suppose if Afobe is out tomorrow night, Rowett could play Jed and Bennett up front, keep Burke and Malone (Mahoney?) on the wings, and see how that goes, but we will have to be at some kind of full strength, or else I can see QPR getting a draw, if not a win against us!
Do you sit and moan and whinge the whole day about gary rowett? Get outside and get some fresh air.

Do you sit and moan and whinge the whole day about gary rowett? Get outside and get some fresh air.
No, just when I come on here! :grinning:

You must be in the minority on here when it comes to moaning and whinging about Rowett! Supporters who moan about him will moan about different things: some about his tactics, or his formation, or his dull, defensive football, etc. but the general consensus of opinion seems to be that the club and the supporters need to part ways with him at the end of the season!

If everything was hunky dory with the playing side of our club, no one would be moaning! My post also blames the board as well as Rowett for the shit we‘re in, regarding the lack of player signings, so it’s not just GR’s fault, but it is down to him to get the best out of the players he has (and he did this in the 2nd half against Cardiff), but it’s not nearly enough, and that’s where the problem is!