ROWETT OUT

Yes. He did last season. He hasn't become a bad manager over night or since last week. He could be more reactive at times rather than err on the side of caution. He certainly has plenty of options on the bench. He could have put Esse and Emakhu on a bit earlier but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I certainly feel he should have given those two at least half hour to give the Brizzle defence a bit of a problem.
It was when they came on things livened up and we looked more capable of scoring.
This to me seems to be a weakness in GR. Knowing when to let them off the leash to have a go at the opposition.
Apart from that flaw in his management I think he has done a very good job in his time as manager.

Like NH, GR has added more stability and got us flirting with the top six at times and it has shown they we compete with the sides that have flashed the cash on signings, so for me it's not a case of our spending power...With GR it seems to be two steps forward half a dozen back.

I think yesterday's result was a reaction to the Reading game in that no mark cup instead focusing on the good that was achieved at Boro and with the pre season signings there was/is a natural expectation from the fans for the new season, don't think that's unreasonable, especially as GR keeps using the mantra of competing and doing better than the previous season...I don't think under GR the club will and it will continually fall short.That being said, there are no there options at this point than other to support him.

I know things happen during a game players not fit etc so when it comes to subs these things have to be taken in to account but the Danny Mac one was weird even for GR

I think yesterday's result was a reaction to the Reading game in that no mark cup instead focusing on the good that was achieved at Boro
But shouldn’t Rowett as manager have expected and demanded from the players a response to the Reading game?

Shouldn’t the players themselves after Reading not have wanted to put things right, especially with it being the first home game of the season and the occasion of marking our chairman’s passing?

What more motivation does the manager and players need to have, to get at the very least, a draw from yesterday’s game from, it has to be said, a bang average Bristol City side who had some of their better players missing?

lost your head
I lost that about 30 years ago mate. It's does make watching Millwall more enjoyable though. Sitting in the west upper in my rocking chair as my nurse pumps anti loopy juice into me.

You’ve had an absolute mare here
Nah, i give you a good argument and stand by what i say. Doesn't meani'm right or you're wrong. If we all agreed with each other this place would boring. I 've often changed my opinion after reading what other posters think and i'm happy to admit that.

Watched part of the second half from block one. A regular fuck nugget and full weight string was slaughtering Rowett through out the game. He finished of his rant by calling for his head. He also managed to cunt off and abuse every outfield player when on the ball.

.I asked him why bothered to turn up, pay money just so he can abuse them and suck every bit of hope and optimism out of everyone in earshot? Because they're fucking shit and going to be relegated with ten games to go he muttered, Why would you bother eh!

He's not old enough to have witnessed some proper shit football and players. The trips to Wembley, promotions, cup runs and our second longest spell in division two has spoiled him and ladened him with unreasonable expectations.

When he finally realises that nearly every player out on the pitch is at Millwall for a good reason he might not be so disappointed when we make mistakes, mis hit passes, be inconsistent, have lapses of concentration or play poorly.

Another reason why i hate cctv and the archaic treatment of football supporters by the courts. Pre cctv he wouldn't have been suffered and ironed clean out if he never heeded the warnings from fellow supporters.
Let's face it facebook is full of fans who support Millwall but never go and either give undying and unwavering love and protection for GR or slag GR and all the players off at every opportunity. I have a lot of respect for posters on here who generally know what they are talking about. At least on here people can give opinions.

We all have our opinions and want the club to do well and yes CCTV does have it's implications

I wonder if Rowett has ever taken the time to watch back the Huddersfield semi ,a full house at the den when we are giving it a go is as the Huddersfield players found out not a nice place to play.
I understand the formation he played at Boro suits us more away but please don't try to bore the other team and the crowd to death.
How many youngsters watching that are begging to go to the next home game.

I was chatting to someone in the gym yesterday morning about people's unreasonable expectations around football clubs these days,
I think we're at the stage where some fans want to see push on from where are. When we come from the division below fans just want us to reatain our league status and have a good cup run. This is our seventh season in the championship since we were last promoted. Only bettered by a nine season run in the old second division from 66 to 75.

But what happens next? What is expected? To push on again and try to come ahead of teams with much bigger spending power? Teams that are dropping out of the premier league with £90 million in there back pocket which is spread out to £30 million per season for the next three seasons. They may also be coming back down with a huge slice of wedge earnt while in the premier. Clubs that recieve these parchute payments are 3 times more likely to be promoted than other teams in the league.we're up aginst it every which way we turn..

How do we compete against that? A small club with annual turnover of around £18 million. At the same time we posted a pre tax loss of just over £12 million. Those losses are quite low compared to other clubs in the division but are losses all the same. Those other clubs can and are paying three times the wages that we can. We are one of the lowest cash generators in the division.

We have lost money every season for the past 12 years. The last time we posted a pre tax profit was in 2002. Being in the championship puts a club like us under certain pressures because whilst turnover will rise at the same time so will our wage bill. and running costs.

With all that in mind where do go next? Fans opinions and hopes will be divided and differing. I reckon age will also play a big factor in peoples opinions. I'd imagine fans under the age of 30 would be very keen on making the premier league whilst fans over 40 will be more split and may even see it as being not so important. In the end it all comes down to personal preferance and expectations.

I ask because maybe already have but if we haven't will sooner or later reach our ceiling. If there isn't going to be another floor that's reachable above what do we do. want or expect to happen? Will fans be happy with being a competitive championship team that can sit comfortably in the middle and with very little chance of going up or down. Just floating about comfortably being an established championship team. Or will they demand more and won't rest until perhaps one day we do by chance reach the fucking promised land ? I fucking hate that saying and terminology.

I do think some fans expectations are quite unrealistic when you take into account what i've laid out above. But not completely unrealistic if everything clicks at the right time and lady luck shines down on us. It' also very understandable that fans want to go up to a higher division otherwise what's the point they'll argue. I'm at the point in my time following us ( 46th season now) that i'm content that we are a very stable and well run club when you take into consideration that for many of our years in existence we spent plenty of time much lower down the ladder and have even faced extinction.

I'm am mindful that reaching the premier league could also eventually end in tears as it has for clubs like Pompey, Swindon, Bradford and one of the premier leagues founding members in in1993, Oldham. A club now that exist outside the football league in the conferance. Baring in mind we have good and trustworthy owners i don't think a promotion to and then relegation would be the road to ruin because anytime spent in the premier wouldn't inevitably risk our long term future.

So what next? dreams of hitting the big time or happy and content enough as you are?

Carry on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Danny was one of the only ones trying to attack in this dumb ass formation that sucks the very life out of our crowd and he was unlucky not to score with the free kick parried by their keeper.
Gotta be honest I thought Danny should have scored that.
I was always taught that you should expect the keeper to spill or parry EVERY shot!!
When Saville hit that free kick we should have had 2 or 3 players running in to expect the keeper to fumble.
Our whole team always seem to be on their heels and not their toes!!

I don’t agree with coating our own players, unless it Danny N’Guesseon, it’s counter productive and not the Millwall way, all that bile should be saved for the oppo players, fans and management, we do appear to be attracting some right plumbs.
I remember a bloke in the CBL shouting "oy n'guesseon have you got concrete in your boots" to which the reply from further along came" if he has kets throw him in the f@cking thames" beautiful:bow:

I think we're at the stage where some fans want to see push on from where are. When we come from the division below fans just want us to reatain our league status and have a good cup run. This is our seventh season in the championship since we were last promoted. Only bettered by a nine season run in the old second division from 66 to 75.

But what happens next? What is expected? To push on again and try to come ahead of teams with much bigger spending power? Teams that are dropping out of the premier league with £90 million in there back pocket which is spread out to £30 million per season for the next three seasons. They may also be coming back down with a huge slice of wedge earnt while in the premier. Clubs that recieve these parchute payments are 3 times more likely to be promoted than other teams in the league.we're up aginst it every which way we turn..

How do we compete against that? A small club with annual turnover of around £18 million. At the same time we posted a pre tax loss of just over £12 million. Those losses are quite low compared to other clubs in the division but are losses all the same. Those other clubs can and are paying three times the wages that we can. We are one of the lowest cash generators in the division.

We have lost money every season for the past 12 years. The last time we posted a pre tax profit was in 2002. Being in the championship puts a club like us under certain pressures because whilst turnover will rise at the same time so will our wage bill. and running costs.

With all that in mind where do go next? Fans opinions and hopes will be divided and differing. I reckon age will also play a big factor in peoples opinions. I'd imagine fans under the age of 30 would be very keen on making the premier league whilst fans over 40 will be more split and may even see it as being not so important. In the end it all comes down to personal preferance and expectations.

I ask because maybe already have but if we haven't will sooner or later reach our ceiling. If there isn't going to be another floor that's reachable above what do we do. want or expect to happen? Will fans be happy with being a competitive championship team that can sit comfortably in the middle and with very little chance of going up or down. Just floating about comfortably being an established championship team. Or will they demand more and won't rest until perhaps one day we do by chance reach the fucking promised land ? I fucking hate that saying and terminology.

I do think some fans expectations are quite unrealistic when you take into account what i've laid out above. But not completely unrealistic if everything clicks at the right time and lady luck shines down on us. It' also very understandable that fans want to go up to a higher division otherwise what's the point they'll argue. I'm at the point in my time following us ( 46th season now) that i'm content that we are a very stable and well run club when you take into consideration that for many of our years in existence we spent plenty of time much lower down the ladder and have even faced extinction.

I'm am mindful that reaching the premier league could also eventually end in tears as it has for clubs like Pompey, Swindon, Bradford and one of the premier leagues founding members in in1993, Oldham. A club now that exist outside the football league in the conferance. Baring in mind we have good and trustworthy owners i don't think a promotion to and then relegation would be the road to ruin because anytime spent in the premier wouldn't inevitably risk our long term future.

So what next? dreams of hitting the big time or happy and content enough as you are?

Carry on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I agree with your sentiments, I just want us to go out and attack at home and try and make the play offs if possible. As you are I’m very wary of promotion to and relegation from the premiership and want to still have a football club at the end of the day.
Watch what happens to Luton on and off the pitch, I reckon thats the barometer for us.

Well I've just gone online and bought tickets for Norwich away and Stoke at home, so I'm voting with my feet. But I am an eternal optimist.
I've got a mate like that, always optimistic. I've tried to advise him that it is a seriously unhealthy state of mind, as the one thing it guarantees is disappointment.

Much better to be a pessimist, that way occasionally you can be pleasantly surprised!

I lost that about 30 years ago mate. It's does make watching Millwall more enjoyable though. Sitting in the west upper in my rocking chair as my nurse pumps anti loopy juice into me.

Nah, i give you a good argument and stand by what i say. Doesn't meani'm right or you're wrong. If we all agreed with each other this place would boring. I 've often changed my opinion after reading what other posters think and i'm happy to admit that.
You didn’t give me an argument you just went off one when someone went against what the current manager is doing because he knows more than me.

You say it’s not about who’s right or wrong then completely discredit other peoples views when you have no idea who they are.

Then you misread what I wrote.

It's not the results that bother me so much, it's the fact that he's football has been boring as fuck since he took over, bar the first 4 or 5 months! Why the fuck would you want to pay hard earned money week after week to go and watch a team set up defensively when we have the best attacking players we have had in years!!!
So you say look at the league position... I generally would prefer to see us play some fucking football for once and actually go for the win and finish fifth from bottom rather then suffer that shit all season. Millwall have never been a sit back and just take it kind of team but of late it seems like alot of people are happy with that aslong as we finish 8-12.
No fuck that, football is supposed to be entertaining, its supposed to be exciting! wake up and smell the coffee, he is not taking us any further. I most certainly ain't paying to watch that shit week in and week out like I did for most of last year. He's got to go, it needs freshening up.

I agree with all of that and we must be careful what we wish, Rowett has overseen a stable period in the Championship and we have flirted we the play offs, not easy given we have a smallish budget for a Championship side but……..
It is not unreasonable to question his tactics, lack of entertainment and his stubbornness.
5 at the back, which is what it is in reality is not acceptable in home games, it’s dull and turns the majority of the fans off, it invites pressure from the away sides and once the crowd goes quite gives the opposition much more confidence, yesterday was the biggest example yet. It also does not suit the players, the three centre backs can all defend but aren’t good on the ball, Murray struggles to keep the ball in play. Danny is not a wing back, but is a decent full back. We get outnumbered in midfield, Billy not a ball player and Casper not up to speed yet, so we need four in there. It simply must be two upfront at home, especially as we finally have two players who can score goals.
I don’t agree with coating our own players, unless it Danny N’Guesseon, it’s counter productive and not the Millwall way, all that bile should be saved for the oppo players, fans and management, we do appear to be attracting some right plumbs.
I don’t post much but read all the opinions with interest, but yesterday was really dreadful and shouldn’t bee allowed to be repeated. I can understand playing this formation way from home, but will leave commenting on that to the loyal away following, but Rowett needs to have a quick change in thought process at home.
Danny n’ guessan scored yesterday