Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Charltons debt - £108 out on wages alone for every £100 of income. Wow! That’s before you get to any other fixed and variable running costs. Almost as badly run as our government…..here’s a thought….

In space the distances are so vast they use different my terminology to miles = light years. Light travels at 187,000 miles per second and it takes light 4 years and 7 months to reach our nearest star system Alpha Centauri even at that speed. It would take the fastest rocket tgat man has ever built - the Saturn V 100,000 years to travel to ACentauri flat out with the zero resistance in the vacuum of space. And yet, you could drop a US$1 note for every single mile to Alpha Centauri and 18% of the way back if you took the US Government’s current debt with you. The world is so badly run it’s impossible to get your head round

Charlton Centauri - the next edition coming soon

Going back around thirty years or so and some Charlton fans I used to work with referred to us as Spanners, I asked why and they said something like "because you are all nuts and need tightening" no idea what he meant:unsure:
No i think you will find it goes back to when millwall were playing at Reading, the old Elm Park ground when someone from the millwall end threw a spanner on the pitch just missing a player from the home team

The game when Kerry Dixon scored the winner

Hence the spanners term, Charlton fans tbf are very well known for their wit as we all know, infact i was told they write near all Jimmy Carrs comedy act
Normally on long away trips written on the back of a train timetable

:blah:

Last edited:
This should get their piss and shit stained knickers in a twist:
(a load of bollocks, of course)
:grinning:

I think Leaburn has a better chance of making the one step up if he goes to a Championship club, rather than making it two steps up at a Premier club! On the plus side for him, coming to us means he stays in London with his family and friends, and doesn’t have to up sticks to move elsewhere! The plus side for us is getting a 19 year old, 6’6’ forward with bags of potential, who will still be young enough to sell on to a bigger club in a few years time, for a big fat transfer fee that also includes a decent sell on fee also!

Whoever he goes to, it will all be about the price where Danish Dave is concerned. Tommy two chords is haemorrhaging cash right now, and needs a massive transfusion of it, but he can’t be too greedy in wanting millions for Leaburn, or he’ll scare potential buyers away!

It also depends on how much JB is willing to spend on another forward. In the past we’ve tabled big money bids for Moore and Nisbet, but I can’t see Leaburn leaving for anything less than £3M! Would JB go that high, for a 19 year old forward who has only had one full season of league 1 football under his belt?

I think Leaburn has a better chance of making the one step up if he goes to a Championship club, rather than making it two steps up at a Premier club! On the plus side for him, coming to us means he stays in London with his family and friends, and doesn’t have to up sticks to move elsewhere! The plus side for us is getting a 19 year old, 6’6’ forward with bags of potential, who will still be young enough to sell on to a bigger club in a few years time, for a big fat transfer fee that also includes a decent sell on fee also!

Whoever he goes to, it will all be about the price where Danish Dave is concerned. Tommy two chords is haemorrhaging cash right now, and needs a massive transfusion of it, but he can’t be too greedy in wanting millions for Leaburn, or he’ll scare potential buyers away!

It also depends on how much JB is willing to spend on another forward. In the past we’ve tabled big money bids for Moore and Nisbet, but I can’t see Leaburn leaving for anything less than £3M! Would JB go that high, for a 19 year old forward who has only had one full season of league 1 football under his belt?
If he’s anything like he’s old man, they can keep him

Rumoured from the bloke Reams on Into the Valium who said:

“The Spiegel plan I’m told is as follows.... increase ticket prices, pay himself 650k a year, sell Leaburn, reduce 1st team playing budget.”

To which kings hill addick replied:

“So he’s going to loan the club his own money then he’s going to pay himself £650k (out of his loans) then pay close to £300k tax on it?

Clearly the club is in good hands!
🤦🏼‍♂️

:rofl: