Millwall V Norwich City match thread

We were more than worth a point today, if not all three.

They were very lucky, we were running on fumes but still competing and more than matching them.

It was emphasised in the timewasting and playacting of the Norwich players to secure their win. I was not impressed at all with them and would be very happy to meet them in the play-offs if both teams get there.

It was one game too far for us in what has been a tough run of games in which we have excelled.

Agreed. He was far from being the worst out there today. Thing is we can't afford to have to many players off there game all at once. That was the case today and against a clinical team in front of goal.
Alarm bells were ringing after Stoke and Luton. We’ve been very poor at times and today, we came up against a team on their game. I don’t think we have the squad to break into this top six at the moment. The standard is very high and we have too many players not on their best game. Hope I’m wrong, but I think we’ll struggle to make the play offs.

Norwich are going nowhere this season, if that game was played at the start of February we don't lose.

We don't have the quality to make the playoffs, but neither do they, couple of very poor goals and a worldy

Anyone else frustrated with Burke? The chance he had in the first half he did he went for power over accuracy, the chance in the second half where he was put through and the keeper come out he bottled it and didn’t put a foot it.

Anyone else frustrated with Burke? The chance he had in the first half he did he went for power over accuracy, the chance in the second half where he was put through and the keeper come out he bottled it and didn’t put a foot it.
I find Burke frustrating. Looks like he’s got potential, especially with his pace, but he’s anonymous too often. Compare that with the energy and commitment Watmore displayed when he came on and it’s poor.

Shame Vogl hasn’t got Burke’s pace!

I agree. I thought his return of one real chance for the minutes he played yesterday was below what he should be giving us.
Still, it's early days. Maybe it will take time to find his form and full fitness.
The jury is still out for me.

That is probably why he has made a fortune without staying at a club, looks like a lot of potential but doesn't fulfill it.

Alarm bells were ringing after Stoke and Luton. We’ve been very poor at times and today, we came up against a team on their game. I don’t think we have the squad to break into this top six at the moment. The standard is very high and we have too many players not on their best game. Hope I’m wrong, but I think we’ll struggle to make the play offs.
Have a word mate. We're 7th having had a bastard of a run of games. We've been in and around the top 6 most of the season. One arsehole lucky goaline clearance yesterday is the only reason we aren't top 6 this morning. 2 players that have scored 13 goals each, when did that last happen?Bit of rest this week and we go again. We're good enough to win 7 of our last 11, do that and we'll be in the play offs.

How could we have been that tired to play at the pace we played in the last fifteen minutes + injury time which was at a higher tempo than the whole game ?

Could,nt go today but watched it live.
The last 15 wasn't down to our constant pressing, it was down to pushing players forward and them defending their lead, it was very different to the first half an hour where we pressed them all over the pitch and they didn't get a sniff.

I went with a mate who is a Norwich fan and he said he thought they were dreadful in the first 30 minutes and was relieved to be level at half time.
2 defensive mistakes by our forwards in our 6 yard box and hanley , flat footed, keeps out a last minute equaliser, an inch nearer the goal and it goes in of his heel.
7th game in 22 days looks like it was one too many, if only Luton had beaten Grimsby we would have had a week off this week.
Not the game to find fault with anyone.

I think you and me have a different idea of power. Thought it was lucky to make it past the far post. Didn't look to me as though he thought he could score, not confident at all. But all about opinions.

I think you and me have a different idea of power. Thought it was lucky to make it past the far post. Didn't look to me as though he thought he could score, not confident at all. But all about opinions.
To be honest I was in the cold blow lane end and my eyes are getting old ha ha

Thought the ref was crap yesterday, apart from on eight minutes. The usual whistle blower for anything like a decent tackle. The only way to stop keepers wasting time is to book them. There were two rules he might not even know. First, is there still the "six second" rule for keepers releasing the ball and second, when Danny was booked for the foul and the trainer came on, the ref made the Norwich player leave the pitch, which he didn't need to do.

Norwich were bang average today. Our pressure in the final 15 minutes, showed just how they would get hammered it they got to the Prem. An ageing team with a creaky defence.
I didn't think they were bang average. Their number 25 is a handful and had great touch. We fight for everything and make it dificult yet they still managed three goals. Few good saves from Long helped keep the score down.

Extended highlights
Better highlights than Sky and ITV 👍

All 3 goals down to poor defending:

1st - Poor marking of the scorer, Flemming should have cleared, Long’s view obscured by Zian but perhaps should have done better.
2nd - Honeyman badly at fault letting the player get away whose cross went in off Bradshaw.
3rd - Wallace roasted and Lenny slow picking up the scorer.

Given we pride ourselves of our defending, a poor day at the office 🤷‍♂️

Better highlights than Sky and ITV 👍

All 3 goals down to poor defending:

1st - Poor marking of the scorer, Flemming should have cleared, Long’s view obscured by Zian but perhaps should have done better.
2nd - Honeyman badly at fault letting the player get away whose cross went in off Bradshaw.
3rd - Wallace roasted and Lenny slow picking up the scorer.

Given we pride ourselves of our defending, a poor day at the office 🤷‍♂️
Perfect analysis save a bit harsh on Long. 👍

He was never gong to get the ball there and rightly pulled up.

Alarm bells were ringing after Stoke and Luton. We’ve been very poor at times and today,
You are correct, i think the defeat was due. I wasn't feeling that confident prior to the game, first time in ages that i thought we might lose. Been a tough run of games, we've done exceedingly well, yesterday was a game to far.

We have a weeks break now and time to recharge the batteries and go again. I reckon there's one play off place to play for. Will be a lottery as to who grabs it