Millwall V Norwich City match thread

Harsh or fair?
Stupidly harsh in my opinion. Having said that, the soppy fuckers did take them to the ground. Probably 18 year old kids getting carried away after watching Napoli on TV, banning them seems OTT. If they are repeat offenders it's different.

Harsh or fair?
They could have caused severe injuries to fans, players or stewards.
Pointless and irresponsible.
Having said that, how did they get into the ground with such an item?
People might say..” oh it’s only fireworks “
I have seen a bloke with his head blown off by “only a firework “
I rest my case.

They could have caused severe injuries to fans, players or stewards.
Pointless and irresponsible.
Having said that, how did they get into the ground with such an item?
People might say..” oh it’s only fireworks “
I have seen a bloke with his head blown off by “only a firework “
I rest my case.
I get that, but these are smoke canisters not fireworks.

Indeed. They have some class players and it told in the end.

Absolutely Paul. It's been a while since we've lost, it's almost unexpected but that's the measure of this team, can't win em all. You always feel once you score against these sides that you need another as a cushion. We've just come off the back of a very testing run of games against sides much better equipped than us and have competed very well and taken a decent amount of points.
Totally agree, we have one of the smallest squads
Wish some of ours would just enjoy the ride, instead of all this Charltonest bollocks they are starting to spout out.
We are Millwall FFS never expect a thing and lifes a bonus

Have a word mate. We're 7th having had a bastard of a run of games. We've been in and around the top 6 most of the season. One arsehole lucky goaline clearance yesterday is the only reason we aren't top 6 this morning. 2 players that have scored 13 goals each, when did that last happen?Bit of rest this week and we go again. We're good enough to win 7 of our last 11, do that and we'll be in the play offs.

This.

I get that, but these are smoke canisters not fireworks.
and next time? Imagine a player/lino cops one.
Papers/SKY would have a field day trashing us by insinuation. Never let the truth get in the way of a good headline. We will doubtless be subject to more invasive security, cameras and restrictions in any case, because of this. So, not harsh at all!

Papers/SKY would have a field day trashing us by insinuation. Never let the truth get in the way of a good headline. We will doubtless be subject to more invasive security, cameras and restrictions in any case, because of this. So, not harsh at all!
True enough and at the end of the day, they ain't ours, so fuck 'em

They have sniffer dogs inside the turnstiles looking for drugs. They could apply the same measures on the away turnstiles with a dog that detects pyro/ smoke bombs etc. It can be done.

If the club spent less time letting there stewards ( Lurch ) in particular from snooping on and hounding paying customers and more time stewarding the away end on entrance there wouldn't be these issues.

The smoke is extremely toxic. If the wind blows the smoke onto the crowd, it is extremely unpleasant at best and life threatening at worst.
The cup game v the Nigels unsurprisingly had flares lobbed, they fucking stunk and smelt extremley toxic.

The cup game v the Nigels unsurprisingly had flares lobbed, they fucking stunk and smelt extremley toxic.
I went to a match at Bordeaux once.
Fans in the away end had loads of flares, all ingnited at once.
The smoke engulfed the whole pitch and the terrace on the side where I was with my two boys.
The match stopped and the players had to leave the pitch.
People were coughing and choking everywhere.
It was extremely dangerous and uncomfortable.

They burn extremely hot and contain some nasty chemicals.
The smoke is extremely toxic. If the wind blows the smoke onto the crowd, it is extremely unpleasant at best and life threatening at worst.
Distress Flares have no place in a football ground, sorry.
I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject BP. They have no place in a football ground. I immediately get the ache when I hear of banning orders, but you are right.

They have sniffer dogs inside the turnstiles looking for drugs. They could apply the same measures on the away turnstiles with a dog that detects pyro/ smoke bombs etc. It can be done.

If the club spent less time letting there stewards ( Lurch ) in particular from snooping on and hounding paying customers and more time stewarding the away end on entrance there wouldn't be these issues.
After last Saturday's game my mate was at the away end gate on his own and they wouldn't let him out to join me, the old chief steward ignored me as I asked politely and I was only 2 foot away, only answered when I asked how long, 20 minute wait in the bloody cold for no good reason.