Millwall v Blackburn match thread

I'm as gutted as the next man, but we need to get real.
Take a breath and think once calmed down.
Give me guaranteed top half last August and i'd have ripped your hand off.
We need to get real, we have come so far under Rowett over the last few seasons and yet there are many of us that constantly slag the manager, the players, fuck I'm sure given the chance the groundsman is t o blame somewhere too.
Too many on here are writing stuff that would look cringe worthy on charlton lowlife, please reign it in.
We dust ourselves down, we have a break and next August we go again.
We have improved as a team every year under Rowett, so let's hope the recruitment this summer is as good as last year.
I won't say where we need to improve, Rowett gets paid for that not me or you, lets hope he does it well.
Until next August we can only hope.
Agree, but the faults are there for all to see and we keep making the same mistakes, lets face it all the stars aligned for us this season with other teams results and we still could not make it count which masked a lot of problems that we need to get rid of if we are serious about taking the next step.

I'm done with football.big thanks to what more burke sav and styles who gave their all.as for our manager Holloway would have been proud of his performance.ive stuck up for him but after today if he left now I'd be pleased.to drop Shackleton and his subs were as bad as I've ever seen.if I was Shackleton id go back to Leeds as quick as possible.as for our player of the season 20m what I saw today I wouldnt give you 20k

Whilst all of us would have took the situation before ko, it's fucking heartbreaking to fail like that. A 2 goal cushion means fuck all, especially when their second comes so quuckly after the restart. All the hard work of the first half undone through poor tactics and defending.
As BP and others rightly said weve had enough fucking chances throughout the season and especially the last 6,8,10 games to have put ourselves out of sight of the chasing pack. A fine seson could have been so, so much better. The players have battled bravely for a small squad, there have been dips in form but that is to be expected. Rowetts tactics on many occasions have most definitely not helped. Am unsure whether I want him to stay, he certainly fucked up second half, but not only him. If Long stays he has to get the basics of goalkeeping right that parry for their second was appalling, and not for the first time.
To have come so close is fucking hard to take, but not unexpected.
Can only hope whoever is in charge next season recruits well and we have another real fucking go.
COYL, NOLU
FUCK EM ALL
p.s no Shackleton WTAF

Everybody will have their scapegoat, and I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong. All of your arguments have some merit.
However, I think one inescapable truth is the wheels really started to come off our wagon when Charlie Cresswell got his face smashed in.
We have just not been the same since that day.
Magnificent player though Hutch has been for us, nobody can deny his best years are behind him, and our whole team was better when Cresswell was Cooper's partner.
Rowett can never admit this, but I really feel that if Cresswell had remained available, we would have secured a play off place before we even played today.

God, I hate That Diaz bloke.

Gutted about blowing that lead, after ending that 1st half so we'll we come out and play like that.
Hard to believe Shackleton was benched after turning in a great performance last week and Danny was poor. What happened to Leonard?
Didn't really get the subs either. Why take your leading scorer off when we need a goal?!
Glad the season is done.

I'm done with football.big thanks to what more burke sav and styles who gave their all.as for our manager Holloway would have been proud of his performance.ive stuck up for him but after today if he left now I'd be pleased.to drop Shackleton and his subs were as bad as I've ever seen.if I was Shackleton id go back to Leeds as quick as possible.as for our player of the season 20m what I saw today I wouldnt give you 20k
Karl said on Millwall TV that Shackleton was not fit enough to start today. I don't know why.

"If Leonard and Shackleton had been fit today, I don't think there is any doubt they would have started." Is exactly what he said.

Agree, but the faults are there for all to see and we keep making the same mistakes, lets face it all the stars aligned for us this season with other teams results and we still could not make it count which masked a lot of problems that we need to get rid of if we are serious about taking the next step.
No Sunderlands stars aligned, ours are waiting for another day

Karl said on Millwall TV that Shackleton was not fit enough to start today. I don't know why.

"If Leonard and Shackleton had been fit today, I don't think there is any doubt they would have started." Is exactly what he said.

Didn't know that. Cheers BP. Done again by some bad fitness!

Everybody will have their scapegoat, and I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong. All of your arguments have some merit.
However, I think one inescapable truth is the wheels really started to come off our wagon when Charlie Cresswell got his face smashed in.
We have just not been the same since that day.
Magnificent player though Hutch has been for us, nobody can deny his best years are behind him, and our whole team was better when Cresswell was Cooper's partner.
Rowett can never admit this, but I really feel that if Cresswell had remained available, we would have secured a play off place before we even played today.

God, I hate That Diaz bloke.
Good call mate. The minute he went off then it became clear he was out for the rest of the season I feared the worst. I reckon that was the single most significant thing.

Good call mate. The minute he went off then it became clear he was out for the rest of the season I feared the worst. I reckon that was the single most significant thing.
Next question is who do we get to replace him. Doubt he'll be back with us next season.

Why the fuck do we defend a 3-1 lead? At 3-3, I was screaming when they had a corner, we sit all 11 players back behind the ball, leave no out ball whatsoever. Their CB was well over the half way line, retrieves the ball with ease and then they score. Fucking shambles. We needed a goal, leave 1 up top?! Fucking team gives me a heart attack. Cuntish 2nd half to say the least. What kind of half time team talk was given?! What a joke.

I know I will take untold stick for this, but apart from a long throw, what does Fleming bring to the game. Granted he scored a few goals when he arrived, but that was months ago. To me it's like we play with 10 men half the time.

I know I will take untold stick for this, but apart from a long throw, what does Fleming bring to the game. Granted he scored a few goals when he arrived, but that was months ago. To me it's like we play with 10 men half the time.
No stick from me, his throws are not that long, also takes ages to take it. Last 10 games or so he has been very anonymous, love to know why as he looked good from the start, with goals too.