Millwall v Blackburn match thread

Priority must be to get a new keeper if Bart is not gonna play. Sorry but Long is simply not good enough. He was brought in for his kicking which is not even that good.
Overall, I think the squad just proved to be a bit thin. A few reasons for that. Firstly, all the signings in the summer were to go with a back 5. When it didn't work and we switched to a back 4 as a plan but then didn't have the players.
Secondly, letting Afobe go in January before we actually got a replacement was poor management by the club. We ended up with neither.
Thirdly, the never ending injury list.
Generally, this season has been better then the previous dire football under Rowett but you just see this happening every match, we drop deeper and deeper, or sit back hoping to justcatch a break. and like today, sometimes it catches you out.
Our style of play will always give us an injury list, fact.

congrats on the divs abusing burey, his first game back at the den for months.

beyond belief. and well done burey for giving some back
Mistake in our box could have cost us but thought Burey did well when he came on. As you say, good on him for giving it back although probably won't help him in the long run.

In 70 years of watching Millwall I’ve become accustomed to disappointment but today has to be the worst. 3-1 at half-time and we blew it big time.

Need a big clear out and I’d not be surprised if next season we struggle near the bottom 🤷‍♂️

congrats on the divs abusing burey, his first game back at the den for months.

beyond belief. and well done burey for giving some back
I couldn't believe it ever. Put in 3 good crosses including a good save by their goalkeeper at the near post. Could have been 4-3 to us, they broke and ended 4-3 to them.

Was diaz an invisible man as where was anyone marking him.

Pleasure meeting you Ulster thanks for the drink hope you enjoy a cracking Millwall win and have a safe journey home
Pleasure was all mine - as I'm sure you noticed my hand fidgeting in my pocket.
I know I promised not to say anything on here to save your embarrassment, but you are a stunningly handsome and sexy young man.
I would. 😉

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm just empty. I keep thinking I'll shake it off in a bit, shit happens, keep it in perspective etc, etc, but it keeps coming back. I'm completely devastated.
Same Robbo, sorry but I have no words for you other than we millwalled it again.
Was not comfortable even at 3-1, I knew if they got the next goal we would bottle it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'm just empty. I keep thinking I'll shake it off in a bit, shit happens, keep it in perspective etc, etc, but it keeps coming back. I'm completely devastated.
Was planning to go out for something to eat and a few beers just sitting at home staring at a TV watching something disinteresting

Doesn't help much but I keep telling myself that we probably wouldn't have beaten Boro and Coventry.

The realisation that on our small budget we have done so well to be there on the last game of the season, but we just lack that quality and you could see that today as Blackburn just moved up a gear and passed the ball around especially for their 3rd goal. We definitely need a clear out in the summer and we know we need investment as this seems to be they way to compete on this league and we cannot carry on as we are thinking it’s going to get us in the playoffs with just a team spirit and fight. As much as I would have loved to be in the playoffs I think we would come unstuck, the players and the manager will take a look back on the season and must learn from it.

Next season needs to see a clear out, recruitment of quality replacements and squad players, an attacking couch to give ourselves a good chance to compete. Yeah I’m disappointed but have to accept it and speaking to the bloke next to me we both said to each other, supporting Millwall as long as we have we are used to it whilst both our boys looked gutted beyond belief, we both laughed and said they have 40/50 years of this !!!

Anyway like most of you I will be there next season because I fucking love it and when it does happen for us it’s going to feel fucking great, so dust yourselves down and prepare yourselves to get back on that Millwall rollercoaster ride that it always is!!

Seen a lot of disappointment over the years but to capitulate like we did in the 2nd half is a worse feeling than getting stuffed 4-1 at Brighton in the play offs all those years ago

our form in the last 8 games was pathetic but that 2nd half today took the biscuit

let’s hope we get some of the deadwood off our wage bill and add a few quality players in the summer

Also unleash Esse next season with Watmore on the left and hopefully Burke fancying a permanent move plus two or three other additions we can go again

anyway still gutted a few hours later but wish you all a great summer

Members online