Millwall v Blackburn match thread

It went tit's up when we lost our only genuine Premier League quality player against West Brom. Without Cresswell the defence has been shown up for what it is - mid table Championship calibre. No shame in that, but let's not kid ourselves about how good we are

We are a strong outfit, but not good enough for play offs.

Not calling for Rowett to go, but we do need to change style and learn how to pass, some of their play in the second half was miles ahead of anything we can do.

Danny instead of Shack was an error and if Billy can't look or pass forward it may sadly be time for him to move on.
Last comment spot on! 👍

It went tit's up when we lost our only genuine Premier League quality player against West Brom. Without Cresswell the defence has been shown up for what it is - mid table Championship calibre. No shame in that, but let's not kid ourselves about how good we are

We are a strong outfit, but not good enough for play offs.

Not calling for Rowett to go, but we do need to change style and learn how to pass, some of their play in the second half was miles ahead of anything we can do.

Danny instead of Shack was an error and if Billy can't look or pass forward it may sadly be time for him to move on.
Sensible comment and agree on all the points, I think with more signings we could be more adaptable. Dropping Shackleton after his performance at blackpool was a disgrace & unfortunatley Danny & Billy aren't up to it if we wan't to be regular play off contenders

I’ve said all along we are not very good psychologically. In your mind it’s easier to be chasing than it is to be chased. Similar to playing a top team as opposed to playing someone who hasn’t won for 10 games or scored.

Fair comment and spot on. Notice how Blackburn went up a few gears when they knew they couldn’t make it. They played with the freedom that comes with having nothing to gain whereas we had everything to lose.

Fair comment and spot on. Notice how Blackburn went up a few gears when they knew they couldn’t make it. They played with the freedom that comes with having nothing to gain whereas we had everything to lose.
their long haired bastard was the difference. would love a player like that. strong, annoying, direct, good on the floor.

Dropping Shackleton after his performance at blackpool was a disgrace
How many more times do I have to say it?
Shack was not fully fit!!!!!
You would not expect GR to say so in advance of the match, but I assure you that was the case.
Karl said so on Millwall TV at the start of the match.

Defeat on rowett,how Danny mc and long was in that lineup is beyond me! 24 hours on and still feel sick that we managed to fuck that up

Just watched the ITV highlights:

1. Bradshaw wasn’t offside when he slotted home Flemming’s free-kick.
2. The first Blackburn player to strike the ball after the free-kick that lead to their 2nd was offside.
3. When Burey reached the byline seconds before their 4th goal, Bennett was in the perfect position to apply the finishing touch if Tyler had laid it back.

So with a better linesman (the same one gave both decisions)/VAR and a winger with a brain we would (should) have won 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Just watched the ITV highlights:

1. Bradshaw wasn’t offside when he slotted home Flemming’s free-kick.
2. The first Blackburn player to strike the ball after the free-kick that lead to their 2nd was offside.
3. When Burey reached the byline seconds before their 4th goal, Bennett was in the perfect position to apply the finishing touch if Tyler had laid it back.

So with a better linesman (the same one gave both decisions)/VAR and a winger with a brain we would (should) have won 🤷‍♂️
Purley I mentioned that too, thete bloke offside at parry from free kick. Well spotted. Shame Lino other end was more vigilant.