Match thread Swansea v Millwall

So we are now the team who has scored the most and also the joint worse defence in the Championship! 7-6... If we could just sort out the leaky defence...

The ball goes out for a throw-in, and one of our players [who is] not involved punches the ball back on the pitch. I'm absolutely furious about it. I've told him. That just can't happen. He punched the ball back to them to take a throw-in quickly and we concede a goal.

"Whether you're on the bench or whether you're not involved, you need to add value to your team somehow. That's certainly not adding value.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am a bit confused since my first game in 1985 my Granddad and then the people around me at games have always said “as long as the players give 100% win lose or draw we will be happy”

well we are four league games into the season and all I have seen is 100% every game

yes we lost to the blades but how many teams are going to pick up points at their ground over the course of the season

The two home games so far have both been exciting games and we have seen maximum points

Then last night we had at least one penalty not given hit the woodwork twice and scored 2 goals in injury time which by the way took me a couple of hours to come down from

We have scored SEVEN goals in four games (sorry for the caps but I can’t believe it) and have seven points after two tough away games as well.

We never get anything from Carrow Road so another draw would be great

This is a GR team now and we are creating so many more chances every game this season but more importantly the games are exciting plus the players are leaving everything on the pitch

What more can we ask for?

I have said a few times over the last couple of years, before the 2nd half of last season that I am a critic of GR but he has won me over especially over the last 8 months

I think we are very lucky to have this geezer in charge of our club and this could be a very special season if we continue like we have the first 4 games

Safe journey home to you 302 stalwarts, hopefully a lot happier than you thought you'd be.
Proud of you all. COYL.
Journey to Swansea not the best with heavy rain and slow moving traffic. After 20 minutes was beginning to wish I was still stuck on the M4! After 90 minutes wasn't looking forward to the drive back but, at least, there was some satisfaction we'd turned up a little in the 2nd half. After 95 minutes the journey was a breeze!! Even being held back by OB for 30 minutes at the end couldn't dampen the spirits!

I have just seen the highlights, Bart made a number of good saves, but as GR said we did have chances, 2 goals, hit the bar twice, 2 pen shouts (the first was a pen, the second, I'm not to sure) Burey had a good chance that went over the bar.

Are we zone marking? as it has been said in this thread, we are just backing off, and if we are zone marking, it just makes us look like no one is stepping up to tackle, well because, no one was/is.

Malone has never been the best tackler, even in his first spell with us, he has not been very good so far this season, but nor has any of the defense (Bart excluded)
Cooper has been poor without Hutch in the team, but I don't believe Hutch plays well in a back 5.
The Leeds kid needs games and he will make mistakes, I'm not sure if it was wise to bring him in if we are trying to get in the top 6 (with the money JB has laid out so far this season compared to the last few seasons I'd assume so) but he looks a good prospect.
Wallace has been ok not great, maybe still finding his feet again in the CB role, after playing most of last season as a wingback.
Danny has done ok, but again, just like the rest of the back 5, not up to the defensive stranded of last season, is this due to my above point of zone marking

I know we are only a few games in, and we have done really well to be where we currently are, but we are not always going to be able to come back from 2 down to win or draw, I think GR sees this, going by his post match interview, I hope he addresses it.
We severely lack leadership in that back line without Hutchinson. He is the one who steps out, goes to close down and organises the rest of them.

When playing 5 at the back, one of your defenders has to step out almost in to midfield. The wing backs need to be up and down furiously. We haven’t seemed to kick in to gear defensively yet. Against Coventry they looked asleep and were 2 yards off the pace for the first half an hour, it was really strange to watch. Cooper particularly looked as though he was running in treacle.

We severely lack leadership in that back line without Hutchinson. He is the one who steps out, goes to close down and organises the rest of them.

When playing 5 at the back, one of your defenders has to step out almost in to midfield. The wing backs need to be up and down furiously. We haven’t seemed to kick in to gear defensively yet. Against Coventry they looked asleep and were 2 yards off the pace for the first half an hour, it was really strange to watch. Cooper particularly looked as though he was running in treacle.
One of Hutch’s best features is how he steps out to intercept a pass before it gets to an opposing forward.
He started doing that immediately he came on last night. It is a crucial part of our defensive prowess and can get us attacking immediately at times.

Logged off last night cause this place is frequented by a few that know fuck all about football, or how it works for 90 plus minutes- nor our club, especially after Saturday. Get behind them, we won't win them all, but most of all, only a fool writes us off. Well done the team, manager and supporters that went. Onwards and upwards.

Fucking brilliant tackle. Been saying it for around 3 years, when fit he is the most important player in the squad for me.
Was saying the same but shot down. Another player condemned and written off as useless, even before he played a game for us, by some. Harris was accused by one loon of trying to get us relegated on purpose when he bought ( his mate) Leonard. We had another poster who reckoned he wasn;t a pro footballer, park footballer, same poster reminded us on a regular basis that he reported on football for the gutter press for decades.

:rofl:

Last edited: