Match thread Burnley v Millwall

Made them look like Barcelona, we just are not sharp enough, always the loose ball went to a Burnley player. Flemming good footballer.

Burnley always seem to find an extra man playing between the lines.
Their players all comfortable on the ball and give the impression they have all the time in the world.
As already mentioned no disgrace losing to this mob , reality check the gulf between the relegated premiershit squads and our tight budget squad is massive.
Positive performance from Fleming but needs players around him on the same wavelength.
Rowett picking the side we wanted to see bar probably Burey.
Hopefully he can persuade JB to dip into the coffers again for another half decent signing before the transfer window closes.
COYL
Not said anything tonight but agree with your post bar one thing.

Not said anything tonight but agree with your post bar one thing.
Burey?
The kid needs minutes to build his confidence.
Work rate probably needs increasing, upper body strength lacking but nothing that can’t be improved in the gym, he has talent and pace.
Something we are lacking and defenders hate back peddling against that.

Last edited:
We have now played and lost against the top 3 in the league, plus Norwich.
Tough start.
Good point. Way too early to push the panic button. However, it's not just the losing of matches that's a worry - it's more the way we're losing them. We're giving away soft goals. Rowett has always been defensive, everyone knows that. But you've got a problem if your team managed by a defensive manager can't defend effectively. Big match coming up on Saturday but I'd still be pretty confident that we'll be happier by the end of next month with 3 home matches out of four to come. If not.....

Christ. You think we're bad on here, social media is fucking mental. Rowett is apparently one game from the sack, we are going down, we are a joke, Danny McNamara is shit..........

Hopefully he can persuade JB to dip into the coffers again for another half decent signing before the transfer window closes.
COYL
If you mean a forward signing, then I can’t see the point, when the problems are our midfielders, all of whom seem unable to thread a ball through to our front players!

Harris out.
Fold the club.
Haters arms has built an extension.
Fat Dan is a Cunt.
@chopsboysie can fuck off with he's 5-0 predictions every week.
Moody still hasn't brought a dish washer.
Chris George is an ugly twat.
@Ulster Lion Has a small cock.
Where the fuck is @Arthur2shedsJackson.
JB has lovely hair.
Its coming home.
Giant squid.
@Phlion54 ...are........you.. there.....
Football manager
France stinks
@BigPaul Car tips
Crusty condom
We will still make playoffs
Malone is shit
Is @PurleyLion still drooling over meeting big mick at golf.
Universal credit.
White lightening.
Steak Bakes are extinct.

To be fair though mate, if we'd drawn or won any of those games, none of them would be top 3. Reading been battered twice away, Burnley hit and miss so far. We used to up our game against better teams, now we seem to sit back and wait for them to score
This. Burnley had flaws tonight and far from what they’ll end up being. We were negative again and only caused problems when we had nothing to lose in the last ten. Had we put them under early doors they would’ve struggled to cope with us, instead we invited them on and relied on one “magic” moment that never came - again.

Fed up with Rowetts tactics. Too long watching this approach that is generally found out.

Fuck me. This is looking like a sleepwalking in to relegation sort of turnout at the moment. Long old season ahead, granted, but currently we look like a nothing sort of team. We’ve always had patches of looking like it under Rowett but the 0-0 draws look like turning in to losses.

We’ve got no bite, no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Lightweight and anonymous in midfield, lacking composure all over the park, weak at the back, nothing clicking between the front 3 despite slight improvement on last week (I like the 3, but unsure on personnel). We haven’t even got that doggedness about us anymore it seems we just roll over and die.

They look a level above Sheff Utd and Norwich and a class apart from the rest of the C'ship. Can't see them not finishing in the top 2.

Much better performance from us tonight. Fleming excellent, Vogl good. Bradshaw worked hard as usual, but would like to see Burey start on Saturday. Thought Cooper was back to something like his best tonight against some very good forwards.

For me the most telling thing is the constant chopping and changing. Rowett has signed several new players, still doesn’t know his best side or how to fit them in.

Our back 5 changes constantly and it fucking tells. Hutchinson making silly fouls, not leading Creswell by example who followed suit. Cooper looks a shadow of himself, McNamara has lost a bit of his attacking bravery since coming back to the side. Murray got back to his old self tonight I thought which was encouraging.

I have not been an Afobe knocker, but how did he not anticipate that knock down from Cooper at the end. That is his job, after all.
He didn't need to anticipate. He just needed to stick out a leg and make sure the ball hit his shin, knee or thigh and the ball would have gone in. I would have added foot to the list but then he probably would have missed!

Didn't see any of it at all tonight so can't really comment other than to say another dissapointing result.
A much better line up, although again we do not need 3 CB's. He has to persist with the majority of this 11 but start to be a lot more positive both home and away, has to lose this defensive mindset or we will end up in a position we can't get out of.
The tactics HAVE to change we have the players to be a much better side, Flemming and Vogl have to have a prolonged spell in the team, it's all down to you GR. Apart from Stoke we've made everyone look better than what they actually are most of the time.
Sick and tired of saying it already even after so few games, but we move on.
COYL