Match thread Blackburn v Millwall

Yeah I get all that mate and agree it’s just that I wish some of these players would show a bit of bollocks and start fighting a bit more. As for Rowett of course we should be set up (at home especially) to go out and attack teams from the start like so many other sides do to us. A key part of that is getting Burey in the side, he is the only player i can honestly say apart from Bennett (when fit) that looks likely to make something happen.

Personally in my opinion Cresswell despite his goals has been a disaster for us defensively, he always looks likely to make a mistake and I think his lack of experience is affecting Cooper and Wallace’s game. I know he’s a kid and he clearly has ability but it seems that he’s costing us goals in particular away from home. I’d seriously consider sending him back to Leeds in January if he doesn’t sharpen up and start looking for another premier league CB on loan.

I have backed Rowett on here but even I’m doubting it now. I don’t normally go along with every other game being a ‘must win’ but you can’t help but feel that Rotherham on Wednesday will be a definitive moment for him. He needs to drop the cautious approach for once and go for it.
Agree with every word of that mate. I think we'd all have a lot more time for Rowett if he gave up on the 5 at the back snd had a go. Changing managers is always a gamble, if he can stop being so fucking stubborn it'd help.

As for the players, I can't help thinking they are getting away with it this season, way too many under performing

We have the best squad we have had in years but its no good getting good players to then play them out of position in a system that does not work.

Twice today Saville had the ball in the middle of the park with no one to pass to and he was shouting and raising his hands in frustration at our players but no one moved because they were playing as instructed by the management team.

If they were to let this group of players off the leash we have a promotion side, if we carry on as we are there will be anarchy in the dressing room (if not already) you can see the frustration of the players building.

We have the best squad we have had in years but its no good getting good players to then play them out of position in a system that does not work.

Twice today Saville had the ball in the middle of the park with no one to pass to and he was shouting and raising his hands in frustration at our players but no one moved because they were playing as instructed by the management team.

If they were to let this group of players off the leash we have a promotion side, if we carry on as we are there will be anarchy in the dressing room (if not already) you can see the frustration of the players building.
Re. Saville. Everyone gone forward looking for a cooper no hope long punt.

I very much doubt that any manager tells his players not to move or find space, no matter how much he disliked you can't blame him for players that don't use their brains.

I very much doubt that any manager tells his players not to move or find space, no matter how much he disliked you can't blame him for players that don't use their brains.
If he thought the players were not doing as instructed he would be on the sidelines screaming at them, he does,nt because he spends all game debating the officials decisions with the fourth official, you very rarely see him trying to get players to play differently from the sidelines which means he must be satisfied with whats going on, on the park.

If he thought the players were not doing as instructed he would be on the sidelines screaming at them, he does,nt because he spends all game debating the officials decisions with the fourth official, you very rarely see him trying to get players to play differently from the sidelines which means he must be satisfied with whats going on, on the park.
Okay. But not when we win!

100% mate 👍1664655772026.png

One player won't stop the rot. IMHO
Did Long play
I expect to see Bart back in goal on Wednesday
How did Long play? Did he drop a clanger?
I saw him come for a free kick and flapped at in the first half which was a bit worrying. Then I fell asleep as it was so dull. I’m only really interested in watching when we attack (at the end) and I woke up to see Long hoofing good balls to our “Centre Forward” Cooper. Long looked ok with his feet from the last 15 mins that I saw.

Did Long play

How did Long play? Did he drop a clanger?
I saw him come for a free kick and flapped at in the first half which was a bit worrying. Then I fell asleep as it was so dull. I’m only really interested in watching when we attack (at the end) and I woke up to see Long hoofing good balls to our “Centre Forward” Cooper. Long looked ok with his feet from the last 15 mins that I saw.
In my opinion the first goal was his fault.
When I played in goal I was always told the six yard box is yours. You command it and you make sure every ball is yours. If he called and Cresswell ignored the call, fair enough. We’ll never know.

Let’s be realistic it’s not going to get any better with him still here; absolute pony. Bradshaw slagging off Rowett online as well.