Match thread Blackburn v Millwall

I don’t see what playing with four at the back will really solve in the long term. McNamara, Wallace, Malone, Cooper, Hutchinson and Cresswell have all played absolutely shit to varying degrees so far this season. Until all of them step up and sort out their form and consistency then we can play 3, 4, 5 or even 6 at back we will still gift goals away.

The same goes for a lot of the others in side as well, playing like cunts because they know they won’t cop the blame. I agree with some of the criticisms directed at Rowett but some of these players are getting away with murder.

I don’t see what playing with four at the back will really solve in the long term. McNamara, Wallace, Malone, Cooper, Hutchinson and Cresswell have all played absolutely shit to varying degrees so far this season. Until all of them step up and sort out their form and consistency then we can play 3, 4, 5 or even 6 at back we will still gift goals away.

The same goes for a lot of the others in side as well, playing like cunts because they know they won’t cop the blame. I agree with some of the criticisms directed at Rowett but some of these players are getting away with murder.
I could name 2 I wouldn’t play and a couple who need dropping

They are playing shit I agree, but the 4 would give an extra man in midfield where we get constantly over run. Would also give the option of a wide man or horror of horrors, two up top with an attacking midfielder in behind. What we have now is effectively a back 7 with no outlet on the rare occasions we win the ball. Honestly think there is no attacking game plan at all in away games. We set up for 0-0, let 2 in and are fucked.

Must be soul destroying for the likes of Flemming and the forwards looking st the team sheet, knowing they will hardly see the fucking ball.

They are playing shit I agree, but the 4 would give an extra man in midfield where we get constantly over run. Would also give the option of a wide man or horror of horrors, two up top with an attacking midfielder in behind. What we have now is effectively a back 7 with no outlet on the rare occasions we win the ball. Honestly think there is no attacking game plan at all in away games. We set up for 0-0, let 2 in and are fucked.

Must be soul destroying for the likes of Flemming and the forwards looking st the team sheet, knowing they will hardly see the fucking ball.
Your wasting your breath mate. Half the support can’t see what’s happening in front of their eyes every week. We are set up to play in a way that we don’t have the players to. At least half of the team can’t control a football and we play pretty passes that go nowhere, because we have players that couldn’t kill a ball dead if there life depended on it.

Your wasting your breath mate. Half the support can’t see what’s happening in front of their eyes every week. We are set up to play in a way that we don’t have the players to. At least half of the team can’t control a football and we play pretty passes that go nowhere, because we have players that couldn’t kill a ball dead if there life depended on it.
I've got a wife and 2 kids mate. Wasting my breath is an occupational hazard

Yeah I get all that mate and agree it’s just that I wish some of these players would show a bit of bollocks and start fighting a bit more. As for Rowett of course we should be set up (at home especially) to go out and attack teams from the start like so many other sides do to us. A key part of that is getting Burey in the side, he is the only player i can honestly say apart from Bennett (when fit) that looks likely to make something happen.

Personally in my opinion Cresswell despite his goals has been a disaster for us defensively, he always looks likely to make a mistake and I think his lack of experience is affecting Cooper and Wallace’s game. I know he’s a kid and he clearly has ability but it seems that he’s costing us goals in particular away from home. I’d seriously consider sending him back to Leeds in January if he doesn’t sharpen up and start looking for another premier league CB on loan.

I have backed Rowett on here but even I’m doubting it now. I don’t normally go along with every other game being a ‘must win’ but you can’t help but feel that Rotherham on Wednesday will be a definitive moment for him. He needs to drop the cautious approach for once and go for it.

I expect to see Bart back in goal on Wednesday

I was about to comment on that.
Interesting that GR ducked out of that.
I think maybe he was too angry to face the cameras.
He's gotta get back to london to run the marathon.it was in the scum newspaper today

I expect to see Bart back in goal on Wednesday

I was about to comment on that.
Interesting that GR ducked out of that.
I think maybe he was too angry to face the cameras.
Well get used to it if GR does leave, one way or another, I can see AB being our next manager, brought to the club as a coach, didn't get the managers job, then gets made GR's number 2 (not saying GR would have done worse or better, but I don't believe he was GR's choice)

There will be no just back from me as I wasn’t at the game. I did see the brief highlights on SSN and we did not look good. The first goal was a comedy of errors. Their attacker gets the wrong side of Murray. It looked like Cresswell tried to hoof the cross clear but it hit Long, ran to their attacker who side footed it into the net. The second was a corner which skimmed off Benik’s head at the near post and their fake Chilean was first to it on the far post. It is a tough ask to come back from two down but Cooper gave us some hope with a good header following a good cross from Burey but we couldn’t fashion another chance and fell to defeat.
There really must be changes for Wednesday and a much better performance too. Watch this space.

I really think that this zone marking is fucking our defense up

If we go man to man, everyone knows their job and we won't leave gaps, with this zone marking, all the other team has to do is push a few players forward, and we are overloaded, seen it time and time again this season.

There will be no just back from me as I wasn’t at the game. I did see the brief highlights on SSN and we did not look good. The first goal was a comedy of errors. Their attacker gets the wrong side of Murray. It looked like Cresswell tried to hoof the cross clear but it hit Long, ran to their attacker who side footed it into the net. The second was a corner which skimmed off Benik’s head at the near post and their fake Chilean was first to it on the far post. It is a tough ask to come back from two down but Cooper gave us some hope with a good header following a good cross from Burey but we couldn’t fashion another chance and fell to defeat.
There really must be changes for Wednesday and a much better performance too. Watch this space.
Not much else of note in the game so a good just back from the highlights from you.