Just back ( short version)

Phlion54

Near enough the same team and formation as stoke game but with Wallace starting(how), great start and an early goal from nisbet , we controlled the game and had a goal ( what a stunner) disallowed after being awarded but can't see the reason as the lino did not flag but if course you get no answer from anyone , hutch got injured and Wes came on and played a very solid role in the back line, a complete cock up between Cooper + keeper resulted in a blatant penalty to them...he redeemed himself with a great save and the half ended.
2nd half was another ball game and sloppy defending allowed their player to skip into the box and fire low in the left hand corner ( seeing it afterwards think it was savable), we then proceeded to concede ground but without them really creating anything but we did,nt either, plenty of subs on the normal 70 minute mark with the two new boys given a run out, not a lot altered and the game fizzled out to a draw, we might have won ,didn't really look.like losing and the draw was a fair result over the two.halfs, we never seem to play 2 halfs of football in the same mode unless its two of tripe, over 900 of us up here today in fine & at times comical voice onwards to the next game

Agree, we just can't attack a team that is crap, look ar all the results in the championship today, majority of teams score 2+ goals, we care lucky if we score one. If the midfield doesn't fire, which it doesn't our strikers are like ducks I'm a dessert.

Many thanks P54 for your thoughts on the game. I have posted many times before that it is a.ways good to read the thoughts of someone who was actually there. I watched nearly the whole game on a stream on Fawa after tea in bed at 5.30 in the morning in the western US. It was worth it. As KB said on another thread it was a proper game of big boys football and it was enjoyable to watch. I thought we played particularly well in the first half and there was a lot of very committed joined up football and some good moves. It was no surprise that they came back at us in the the second half but their bloke was watching another game if he thought they were the better team all round and should have won it. gR was more honest and said a draw was fair. Rab is decent and took his goal well but I thought Bradshaw had a decent game too. MOM was Leonard for me as he adds such a lot to he defence and drives forward into the middle. Wes had a solid game too after replacing Hutch.
We do look a well balanced side and I firmly believe that when BNC gets up to speed, Campbell and Longman settle in we are going to be one heck of a team. COYL

Agree, we just can't attack a team that is crap, look ar all the results in the championship today, majority of teams score 2+ goals, we care lucky if we score one. If the midfield doesn't fire, which it doesn't our strikers are like ducks I'm a dessert.
The only "midfielder " who had a go in an attacking sense was cuffy..Fleming had another no nothing game & Seville / Mitchell played they boring defensive game, Wallace passing if you can call it that was awful get again,the bad passing is ruining our forward play but nothing changes does it ?

we just can't attack a team that is crap,
You think Birmingham who are unbeaten are crap? We had a goal disallowed and had a go against a decent side.

look ar all the results in the championship today, majority of teams score 2+ goals,
Coventry and Watford scored three goals each and got the same amount of points that we did- 1. Cardiff scored 2 but got zero points.

This league is nuts. Leicester lost at home to Hull. Rotherham beat Norwich. Leeds couldn't muster a goal against a team placed second from bottom. Rotherham have scored more goals than us but sit eight places below us in the league. Didn't we get three points last week from a single goal scored?

The only "midfielder " who had a go in an attacking sense was cuffy..Fleming had another no nothing game & Seville / Mitchell played they boring defensive game, Wallace passing if you can call it that was awful get again,the bad passing is ruining our forward play but nothing changes does it ?
Totally disagree mate, I thought Wallace did a good job up until he go injured and in the 1st half and was getting the ball up the pitch, to Rab and Femming he was filling in at FWB. As for for Saville and Mitchell I thought they where outstanding and always breaking up Birmingham's play, and retaining the ball.
Agree about Fleming though, doesn't seem to be at the races at the moment, I hope its form at not attitude. MOM Lenny gutted his goal got chalked off

Funny how we have a different view of the same game. I thought Saville played ok. agree the Arsenal loanee looks promising. Verdict on sharky is still out. Good reaction save, a very poor giving the pen away & looked like their goal was saveable. New players have had no time to bed in. Esse still on track to be a quality player. Standard & very annoying subs at 70 minutes (prefer at 60 myself).

Overall we looked improved and the players pressed well in the first half. A draw was a fair result.

Really enjoyed yesterday. Good game. Good atmosphere. Good crowd. Thought everyone put a shift in and it was a reasonable result which could have gone either way. Aware it’s all about opinions and will admit that I’m a ‘glass half-full’ person but I thought there were lots of positives. Real energy from Tom and Nisbett up front; Sarkic appears to organise the defence better that Bart or Long – certainly shouts at them a lot; Wes put himself about when he came on and seems to have the pace many have asked for at the back; strong bench and the subs all added something when they came on; now have more than just Flem for long throws and free kicks!

We now have a good mix of seasoned pros and young hopefuls – like the way Lennie, Sav etc seem to support and talk to new players to help them through the game. Very noticeable with Lennie and Brooke. Will admit to being worried when I saw Murray at LWB with no support in front of him but, I thought, he had a strong game and didn’t let anyone down. Not sure I get the negativity about Zian. Clearly, he’s not had the performances he had last year but he looks to be playing for the team – closing people down, being available etc. He started slowly last season so hoping that things click for him soon.

Don’t know if it was picked up by those watching on Millwall TV but, after the meltdown at Norwich, there was a chant of ‘Gary Rowett your football’s okay’! Typical Wall humour. Loved it.

Really enjoyed yesterday. Good game. Good atmosphere. Good crowd. Thought everyone put a shift in and it was a reasonable result which could have gone either way. Aware it’s all about opinions and will admit that I’m a ‘glass half-full’ person but I thought there were lots of positives. Real energy from Tom and Nisbett up front; Sarkic appears to organise the defence better that Bart or Long – certainly shouts at them a lot; Wes put himself about when he came on and seems to have the pace many have asked for at the back; strong bench and the subs all added something when they came on; now have more than just Flem for long throws and free kicks!

We now have a good mix of seasoned pros and young hopefuls – like the way Lennie, Sav etc seem to support and talk to new players to help them through the game. Very noticeable with Lennie and Brooke. Will admit to being worried when I saw Murray at LWB with no support in front of him but, I thought, he had a strong game and didn’t let anyone down. Not sure I get the negativity about Zian. Clearly, he’s not had the performances he had last year but he looks to be playing for the team – closing people down, being available etc. He started slowly last season so hoping that things click for him soon.

Don’t know if it was picked up by those watching on Millwall TV but, after the meltdown at Norwich, there was a chant of ‘Gary Rowett your football’s okay’! Typical Wall humour. Loved it.

:thumbup:

Good point about Sarkic and something we haven't had from a 'keeper in a while. The more games under his belt, the more commanding he might be. Not just yesterday, but all the games he has played for us, he seems hesitant as to what Cooper is going to do. But that level of good understanding will come after the more games he plays.

I thought Billy was at the centre of nearly all the good stuff we done as a team

he broke up play got his head up and found a player on the left of right to put us on the front foot the majority he was involved.

i suppose that’s what makes football great in the fact loads of people watch the same game but no one sees it the same way

This season is going to be epic in the Championship and whatever team wins promotion or does not get relegated is going to have one hell of a season

The results yesterday were crazy and just about sum this league up.

what a league to be in and be competitive in

You think Birmingham who are unbeaten are crap? We had a goal disallowed and had a go against a decent side.

Coventry and Watford scored three goals each and got the same amount of points that we did- 1. Cardiff scored 2 but got zero points.

This league is nuts. Leicester lost at home to Hull. Rotherham beat Norwich. Leeds couldn't muster a goal against a team placed second from bottom. Rotherham have scored more goals than us but sit eight places below us in the league. Didn't we get three points last week from a single goal scored?
Southampton got tonked 5-0. Pointless even trying to reason with him, I’m sure he is a troll, always looks for something negative to say and as you point out hasn’t got a clue what he is talking about and spreads disinformation, bit like a trump supporter.

Cuts both ways and I’ll just continue to cunt off every one of his posts!

Look at the table. That was the.first time out of three that "Brum" had dropped points at home. Agree, we must press when we go 1-0 up but a point was alright especially if the disallowed goal had been allowed. What did the ball touch, his bootlace that was loose?
Clear deflection off Cooper. Unfortunately, correct decision to disallow the goal.

Appreciate your viewpoint. Felt the lads played extremely well in the first half, and did themselves proud to defend the expected Brummie onslaught in the 2nd.
We're not going to get the best out of Fleming, when he's being played out of position, and thought he struggled at times to put his stamp on the game.
Normally, I'd have thought the subs could have came on earlier, but can't be critical, and agreed with showing a bit of caution, as a couple of them were making their debuts.
A fair result, overall a good game, and educational for GR to see how the new lads are going to slot in.
Just like one swallow doesn't make a summer, a couple of shaky games doesn't make a season.
We've the makings of a very strong squad, and we're going to do well.

Southampton got tonked 5-0. Pointless even trying to reason with him, I’m sure he is a troll, always looks for something negative to say and as you point out hasn’t got a clue what he is talking about and spreads disinformation, bit like a trump supporter.

Cuts both ways and I’ll just continue to cunt off every one of his posts!
No, I’m not a troll cuntybollocks!

You, and others like Peckham Lion and Ilderton Wanderer all think you know best, and can’t wait to criticise other supporters who disagree with them!

Well, you’ve got your wish! I’m out!

Just want to say thanks to all the other supporters on here who, even though they may have disagreed with my opinion, didn’t make it personal and didn’t pass judgement online!

This place has become far too toxic the past year or so, and whilst I’m not expecting mine or anyone else’s opinions to always be agreed with, the level of animosity given out if you dare to criticise Sir Gary and his team is off the scales most times!

I’ll continue going to watch the odd home game at The Den (when personal wifey health problems allow), but that’s me done!

Oh, and those in the haters arms do your worst in your sarky replies like “don’t let the door hit you on the way out,” because I won’t be reading them!

:wave:

Didnt hear thanks. Typical Wall. Forgot Wallace. He did ok and always gives 100%

I give GR a lot of leeway. Wont always agree with his tactics or subs, however he has bought us a long way from hoof ball & this squad is the strongest we have had for years. COYL.

You, and others like Peckham Lion and Ilderton Wanderer all think you know best, and can’t wait to criticise other supporters who disagree with them!
Fuck off with that paranoid shit you absolute cunt. Nearly everyone is at you. Take a fucking second to think why. You stick words in peo[les mouths. It's you that think we think we know best you sly cunt. I explain myself and question things that';s how these forum works. I haven't got posters calling me a troll or a cunt, you have, perhaps you should take a second to think why. Or is that my fault as well.

You're a sly devious, paranoid and unstable crank. It's other posters disagreeing with you ya plank. Ask yourself why you fucking fool.
This place has become far too toxic the past year or so, and whilst I’m not expecting mine or anyone else’s opinions to always be agreed with,
Opinions? You have a set of demands and expectations and if they ain't fulfilled it's you ya tit that can't wait to criticise. Why do you think at least posters this week alone have said you're a troll? Not me the so called bully but other posters. That's why your fucking off cause people have had enough of you and are calling you out and you haven't the bollox to stand by your convictions and answer for yourself. Classic troll behaviour. You put on ignore cause you said i'm bullying you then fucking come and shit all over yesterdays thread by decide not to ignore me.

You're about as Millwall and as Donald Ducks left bollock. You slag Rowett off, i asked you can you explain him getting us to within 45 minutes of the play offs and you wouldn't answer- again classic troll stuff. Your a disengenuous attentin seeking crank that is so far fucking gone that you can't see posters have had enough of your negative shit and the constant slagging off of the club i and they love.

I said previously that if you behaved as you do on here at a game you'd be knocked spark out and fucked off. You're a gutless snide shithouse. Dig me out all you want but you're doing it again and looking for someone to blame cause you've made a cunt of yourself and you know it. Ilderton is a genuine, fair and honest poster yet your'e now blaming him for your fucking tantrum., Type what you like, it changes fuck all because your posts are clear for all to see.

If you're going to fuck off then fuck off. You don't need to hand in a resignation letter. If you're staying stay but if you ever type my name or mention me again you are finished on here.

Be a man and own your shit.

Now fuck off and don't ever bring my name up again.

No, I’m not a troll cuntybollocks!

Well, you’ve got your wish! I’m out!

Just want to say thanks to all the other supporters on here who, even though they may have disagreed with my opinion, didn’t make it personal and didn’t pass judgement online!

This place has become far too toxic the past year or so, and whilst I’m not expecting mine or anyone else’s opinions to always be agreed with, the level of animosity given out if you dare to criticise Sir Gary and his team is off the scales most times!

I’ll continue going to watch the odd home game at The Den (when personal wifey health problems allow), but that’s me done!

Oh, and those in the haters arms do your worst in your sarky replies like “don’t let the door hit you on the way out,” because I won’t be reading them!

:wave:
Funny thing is I wasn't talking about you cuntybollocks :nerner:. I was referring to the poor man's LwtL.... the break will do you well. You are far too highly strung and paranoid making another thread about you when you hadn't even posted in it :wave:

Last edited: