Joe Edwards - The new gaffer

Only thing that bothers me is that he gave up playing football and switched to coaching at the age of nineteen. Most of us were still dreaming of turning pro in our thirties despite playing in division five of a Sunday league

This appointment is very interesting. We've gone down the established journeyman manager route many times, and I admire the fact that we're trying something different. As others have said I think we need to have some patience with this new bloke, I won't be expecting massive, positive change overnight; I hope people give him time and don't get on his back immediately if things don't immediately turn the corner. I would hope to see positive improvement by March.

According to Rich Cawley, this process was led by James Berylson and he was very hands-on throughout.

There were comments by Rowett after he left saying we were going in a new direction (I didn't hear them myself but it was spoken about on here) and this is an indication of that.

A long standing mate of mine who is old school CFC said that Edwards likes to play patient possession based football, which I hope isn't like the mobile chess we see other teams play in the Championship.
Initially AB can provide details regarding the current crop of players the club has, but pretty sure it won't take to long for Edwards/Myers to work it all out for themselves.

He needs to get things in motion first and get 'HIS' squad playing, let's not forget he is currently 'inheriting' a team that is struggling and will need time.

Let's at least give the guy a few weeks before you start calling for his head!!!!

No doubt he is currently watching videos of our games and will have a good idea of what he has to work with before entering the building.

Members online