Jimmy Greaves

Mackay was best friends with our Des. Anderson who was also Mackay"s Best Man . Anderson was as hard as Mackay too.

One player who we never saw the best of and and I'm sure would have.become a legend was Duncan Edwards. Died from injuries in Munich Air crash. Great player at 18

obscure but Zoltan Varga. Was a kid up there when he signed for Aberdeen- only option after some gambling scandal a Hungarian Stan Bowles - another God

Johan Cruyff in the 70's the Dutch side national side is my guilty pleasure, I actually enjoy watching them rather than just wanting a result i.e England in tournaments I just want England to win whereas with the Dutch I can sit back and admire their technical ability, I still remember the first time I saw the Cruyff turn - magic in his feet

Dave Mackay hard as nails on the pitch but a gentleman of it.
Compare that to the embarrassing on field antics and scummy of field behaviour we have now.

Mackay was best friends with our Des. Anderson who was also Mackay"s Best Man . Anderson was as hard as Mackay too.

One player who we never saw the best of and and I'm sure would have.become a legend was Duncan Edwards. Died from injuries in Munich Air crash. Great player at 18
My old man use to go on about Duncan Edwards.

Ok im in,
First off was Zico sheer class, then Maradonna the best i have ever seen, in this country Glen Hoddle in his pomp and George Best.
Best Millwall player .........Anton, we would always get a penalty if he played.

I guess the answer will depend on your age. For me it's Cruyff, in a Dutch team filled with talent he stood out. First time I saw him do the turn I was straight out with a football trying to recreate it.

What a player he was. I loved a the skillfully players throughout the decades. Never seemed to get picked for the national side. Or if they did it was minimal times. The FA were Wank then and still are. Imo.
Absolutely brilliant, I can’t remember him scoring crappy poacher on the line type goals they always seemed to be stunning.

Favourite player, may depend on how old you and what decade. However for me Jimmy Greaves.
I was at a Millwall Chelski golf day 15 years ago at a club in Kent. It was meant to be Terry Hurlock vs Chopper Harris, but unfortunately for us wall fans on the day, Terry didn’t turn up.

Chopper got up after dinner and told a
Brilliant story about Greavsie that went like this: -

“greavsie had been scoring goals for fun all season for Spurs and we were due to play them on Saturday. The gaffa asked me to man mark him all game and I duly obliged”

“as the game headed towards the last 10 minutes I’d kept Greavsie out of the game to perfection, giving him no time on the ball an generally making his life fkin hell”

“then with ten left they got a free kick 20 yards out. I was marking Greavsie in the wall and to this point I was feeling pretty proud of my performance. Just before the free kick was taken, Greavsie turned to me and said “look at those fkin black clouds up there chopper! It’s gonna piss down this afternoon”. I looked up, as Greavsie spun to receive a def pass into the box, only to slot it home to take the lead. I was devastated. Greavsie was pissing his self laughing”

“what a player and competitor”

:grinning: