Jimmy Greaves

I cant judge many above as I never saw them play, but just fir the skill and entertainment gazza

Gazza played a few times at the real Den. He destroyed us when they beat us 5-0. He then played for England B and was tremendous. He also played in the Dean Horrix testimonial - something he really had no obligation to do - and for that he will always have my utmost respect. A very special talent.

In one of those games, I'm not sure which, he called got a "fat cunt" by someone on the halfway line where I was stood and a Mars Bar was chucked at him. He picked it up and overhead kicked it back in to the crowd.

Favourite player, may depend on how old you and what decade. However for me Jimmy Greaves.

My dad said Jimmy Greaves was probably one of the best players he'd ever seen. Unreal goal record which is often disregarded because everyone these days thinks football began with the Premier League. Greaves was Messi-esque and an almost unnatural talent. He also used to occasionally have a full roast beef dinner for his pre-match meal and could still perform.

Running the risk of clogging up this thread with multiple posts but my late Dad saw Duncan Edwards play. He told me he was unreal. Multi-talented, built like a tank, could play in any position, two footed.

Died far too young and by all accounts from those who witnessed him (Bobby Charlton said so for one), he'd have gone on to become the greatest English player of all time.

george best. for me,but i met jimmy Greaves and what a lovely man. The saint and greaves what a duo,full of humour etc unlike that mob nowadays on macth of the day,souless.

i recall one game he commented on a game at the old den. The commentator said "who do you think is going to win jimmy" jimmy replied " millwall of course, i want to get out of here alive" lol