James Berylson

Surely his like any other owners vision is to get to the top, in our case the premier league. Not digging you out mate but that's how i see it. Football- success- premier- play Charlton in champions league final*

Harris out.
I know you’re not digging me out Peckham. I think this could end being like the Forsythe Saga so this will be my last post. 🤪
Yes we can make assumptions about his intentions. When someone makes a statement like he did all I’m thinking is sounds great tell me more as I’m interested. 🤷‍♂️
As you know in business if everybody is clear about its intentions and goals it contextualises everyone’s role and will motivate them to achieve it within their given role. As avid supporters we are key stakeholders in helping to make it happen. Nuff said?
Cheers mate

Well his vision isn't to get us relegated is it mate :grinning: I thought it should be pretty clear. Excel as a team on the pitch and reach the top cause isn't that what all teams are in it for!!

I know you’re not digging me out Peckham. I think this could end being like the Forsythe Saga so this will be my last post. 🤪
Yes we can make assumptions about his intentions. When someone makes a statement like he did all I’m thinking is sounds great tell me more as I’m interested. 🤷‍♂️
As you know in business if everybody is clear about its intentions and goals it contextualises everyone’s role and will motivate them to achieve it within their given role. As avid supporters we are key stakeholders in helping to make it happen. Nuff said?
Cheers mate
"As you know in business if everybody is clear about its intentions within their given role it contextualises everyoneone's role and will motivate them to achieve it within their given role"Motivate,Stakeholders?
Seems like listening to Simon Jordan on Talk -Shite.
(I actually quite respect the man always sticks up for us)

(I actually quite respect the man always sticks up for us)
I like him too. He is honest and in formative. Used to think he was a bit of a plum but he says it how it is and he has a very good insight into the shady world of football.

You can tell he's had his fingers burnt and is somewhat disgruntled but he takes no shit and is very honest. He's decent as far as Nigels go and i've seen him stand our corner on a few occasions which is rare in the world we live in. He really did walk the walk and came out the other side a much better, humble and learned person for it.

Looks a bit of a tart with the suntan and bleached barnet so your first impression is string but he's far from it and is okay in my book.

Cheers mate
:tophat:

I'm not sure ST is finding fault but whatever hopes the Berylsons have they can't be held to account for anything in the long term, football is turning into a bit of a mess, 6 months ago no one knew the Saudi's would be throwing so much money at their league or that top players become so greedy and would give up their footballing careers to go and play there.

It might all come to nothing or money could take over and change the game far more than we could have imagined, who is going to put principles in the way of money, FIFA? UEFA? our FA?
Can Arab football take off?. Will they get 60,80, thousand gates what messi is used too. They got no history, no cups or trophies yet. Do they have any big camel parks.? Any local rivalry or derbies. Just don’t seem right all that money on has beens who probably don’t give a tinkers cuss. Hope it totally blows up.

Can Arab football take off?. Will they get 60,80, thousand gates what messi is used too. They got no history, no cups or trophies yet. Do they have any big camel parks.? Any local rivalry or derbies. Just don’t seem right all that money on has beens who probably don’t give a tinkers cuss. Hope it totally blows up.
All about the money, no soul. Having said that,
Can't wait for the first rumour from the man in the camel park.

JB Jr. is a new chairman and will have his own ideas. I just hope that fans give him a chance and time, jt wont be exactly the same as it was under his dad, but hopefully he gets it and we can push on.
Welcome aboard and good luck JB Jr.

We are Millwall, we are family

The Arabs know the oil they have won’t last forever, so for the last few decades they’ve been diversifying into other opportunities in an effort to keep the money rolling in somehow! Dubai has been one such example, with giant indoor ski resorts, artificial watery islands, expensive skyscraper hotels and racecourses being built to attract holidaymakers of all kinds: from your average working class family/couple who have scrimped and saved their pennies for a decent holiday or honeymoon, right up to those millionaires and billionaires who wouldn’t think anything of dropping hundreds of thousands of Sterling/Dollars into the Dubai coffers, just for a decent weekend away!

Diversifying into a worldwide popular sport like football would be just another one of those opportunities for money to be made! Not having watched it, I don’t know how successful or well received last year’s Quatar World Cup was, but for the Arabs hosting it, it was a way of getting their sandalled feet in the door of a product they can spend millions on, to build an infrastructure of more stadiums, create clubs and leagues, whilst also attracting top world class football talent, looking to earn one last massive payday before finally hanging up their boots!

Football’s future is bright, and part of that brightness could very well be coming from the hot Arab deserts!

Last edited:
The Arabs know the oil they have won’t last forever, so for the last few decades they’ve been diversifying into other opportunities in an effort to keep the money rolling in somehow! Dubai has been one such example, with giant indoor ski resorts, artificial watery islands, expensive skyscraper hotels and racecourses being built to attract holidaymakers of all kinds: from your average working class family/couple who have scrimped and saved their pennies for a decent holiday or honeymoon, right up to those millionaires and billionaires who wouldn’t think anything of dropping hundreds of thousands of Sterling/Dollars into the Dubai coffers, just for a decent weekend away!

Diversifying into a worldwide popular sport like football would be just another one of those opportunities for money to be made! Not having watched it, I don’t know how successful or well received last year’s Quatar World Cup was, but for the Arabs hosting it, it was a way of getting their sandalled feet in the door of a product they can spend millions on, to build an infrastructure of more stadiums, create clubs and leagues, whilst also attracting top world class football talent, looking to earn one last massive payday before finally hanging up their boots!

Football’s future is bright, and part of that brightness could very well be coming from the hot Arab deserts!
Only people making money in football now is the players.

Another request, there are some great posts on here I have just caught up on, but whilst I understand our club has been in the hands of the best American owners for the past 17 years, the club does not appear to have become Americanised. But one thing that really grates with me is Americans reference to sons of fathers as junior. A few here are now referring to JB junior or jr. Please lets not go that route, it was John, it's now James.
Welcome James, you have my full support in growing your father's legacy with us.
RIP John.