James Berylson

Yes they are projects but to what end? Our vision should be a statement that succinctly expresses the club’s purpose by defining its primary long-term goals (no pun intended).

For example, this is Microsoft’s

to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
So ours could be…
To help footballers in Bermondsey realize their full potential.

Yes they are projects but to what end? Our vision should be a statement that succinctly expresses the club’s purpose by defining its primary long-term goals (no pun intended).

For example, this is Microsoft’s

to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
Microsoft doesn't achieve that though does it, it drives me up the fucking wall. Difference is nobody holds them to that statement. Imagine JB Jr saying the aim is to establish the club as a top 12 Championship team and we go and finish 13th. Half the bods on here would go into a meltdown, FB and Twatter would be demanding JB goes, Rowett goes and the man in the car park goes. Keeping your powder dry and getting on with job is the best policy.

Also, I don't think it's got anything to do with us how the business is run. That's what they are paid to do, the way I see it, my job is to get behind the team, no more, no less.

Microsoft doesn't achieve that though does it, it drives me up the fucking wall. Difference is nobody holds them to that statement. Imagine JB Jr saying the aim is to establish the club as a top 12 Championship team and we go and finish 13th. Half the bods on here would go into a meltdown, FB and Twatter would be demanding JB goes, Rowett goes and the man in the car park goes. Keeping your powder dry and getting on with job is the best policy.

Also, I don't think it's got anything to do with us how the business is run. That's what they are paid to do, the way I see it, my job is to get behind the team, no more, no less.
I'm not talking about how the business is run. I'm talking about some clarity about it's aims and objectives so we can support it as appropriate.

For fucks sake, James has just lost and buried his father and makes a statement that he will be intending to try and bring JB'S vision and plans to fruition and he's already being fucking drilled about not giving enough detail or the finer points.
Totally unreasonable expectation within a week of this tragedy.
Give it a fucking miss mate!

For fucks sake, James has just lost and buried his father and makes a statement that he will be intending to try and bring JB'S vision and plans to fruition and he's already being fucking drilled about not giving enough detail or the finer points.
Totally unreasonable expectation within a week of this tragedy.
Give it a fucking miss mate!
This ........................ JB not yet cold in the ground, and the first signs of the haters arms starting to organise its daily/weekly/monthly meetings.

Well said WS.

I'm not sure ST is finding fault but whatever hopes the Berylsons have they can't be held to account for anything in the long term, football is turning into a bit of a mess, 6 months ago no one knew the Saudi's would be throwing so much money at their league or that top players become so greedy and would give up their footballing careers to go and play there.

It might all come to nothing or money could take over and change the game far more than we could of imagined, who is going to put principles in the way of money, FIFA? UEFA? our FA?

For fucks sake, James has just lost and buried his father and

I'm not sure ST is finding fault but whatever hopes the Berylsons have they can't be held to account for anything in the long term, football is turning into a bit of a mess, 6 months ago no one knew the Saudi's would be throwing so much money at their league or that top players become so greedy and would give up their footballing careers to go and play there.

It might all come to nothing or money could take over and change the game far more than we could of imagined, who is going to put principles in the way of money, FIFA? UEFA? our FA?
Yes, football is turning into a mess and that was what worried me when I heard the awful news about John Berylson's death. You're absolutely right to be worried about where football is going but in the current football world, where we really can't be certain of anything anymore, the news that the Berylsons seem to want to stick with Millwall is hard to beat as news goes. When you see what other owners have done to some other clubs, I'm happy to take my chances with John Berylson's son.

It might all come to nothing or money could take over and change the game far more than we could have imagined, who is going to put principles in the way of money, FIFA? UEFA? our FA?
You’re right Edward I’m not seeking to find fault and just curious about what James said re: “John Berylson, our Chairman, had dreams for this club. He had a vision and a plan, and I am fiercely determined and passionate about continuing his work and building on this foundation.” Wandering star you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. No offence mate and agree he needs time to settle in. Sharing the vision and plan with us fans would be great.

You’re right Edward I’m not seeking to find fault and just curious about what James said re: “John Berylson, our Chairman, had dreams for this club. He had a vision and a plan, and I am fiercely determined and passionate about continuing his work and building on this foundation.” Wandering star you seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. No offence mate and agree he needs time to settle in. Sharing the vision and plan with us fans would be great.
Wafty, business bullshit statements on its aims is no use to anyone. The club is no more going to say we’re going hell bent for the premershit than it is we’re selling the land and fucking off to Kent. I can only assume James will follow the steady as we go approach his Dad did. Not throwing cash around but trying to see progress. IHopefullly, the regen propels that. Don’t forget JB had the plans drawn up for the stadium revamp.

Wafty, business bullshit statements on its aims is no use to anyone. The club is no more going to say we’re going hell bent for the premershit than it is we’re selling the land and fucking off to Kent. I can only assume James will follow the steady as we go approach his Dad did. Not throwing cash around but trying to see progress. IHopefullly, the regen propels that. Don’t forget JB had the plans drawn up for the stadium revamp.
“Wafty, business bullshit statements” are exactly that mate if they’re not sincere. Vision statements can help contextualise the role purpose of everyone in the organisation and goals/aspirations to aim for.

Surely his like any other owners vision is to get to the top, in our case the premier league. Not digging you out mate but that's how i see it. Football- success- premier- play Charlton in champions league final*

Harris out.

Vision statements can help contextualise the role purpose of everyone in the organisation and goals/aspirations to aim for.
Well his vision isn't to get us relegated is it mate :grinning: I thought it should be pretty clear. Excel as a team on the pitch and reach the top cause isn't that what all teams are in it for!!