Flemming

All his goals today were the signs of a top class player, his third was sublime control with the right and not only finished with the left but the presence of mind to know that both the defender and goalkeeper were going to go to ground to smother a shot so he lifted the ball over both, absolute class.
He reminds me of Sheringham. I’d like to see him further forward to see how he does with less defensive duties. Any strike partner would like him up there laying chances on as well as banging them in.

He is a class above any player we have had since Ted.
He isn’t the finished article, but he’s advanced from when teddy first started for us.
Now he has a few games in England under his belt he will only get better.
He has the confidence of Verstappen in F1 but without the nasty, arrogant, entitled side.
He seems a good lad.

Last edited:
He is arguable one of the best championship players and getting better as he adapts to the league. The first goal was quality and the second was just absolute class in how cool he took the ball and finished it.
Hope he is here for a couple of seasons at least!

But why didn't he stop their 2 goals if he's that good 🤣🤣. There we are sitting in 6th place on another ubeayen run, a game in hand, and already this evening had a 'disagreement' with one of ours over the continued inclusion of Long over Bart... sometimes words fail me

Norwich paid £10m for a Brazilian midfielder Flemming is head and shoulders above him. To a prem club he's worth £20m now. Goalscoring number 10's are gold dust. Carry on as he is and he'll be worth £25-30m+.

*Stay with us for a year in the prem then go for £40m. Who's the better player Flemming or £45m Gibbs-White?
The answer is not Gibbs-White.😉

Norwich paid £10m for a Brazilian midfielder Flemming is head and shoulders above him. To a prem club he's worth £20m now. Goalscoring number 10's are gold dust. Carry on as he is and he'll be worth £25-30m+.

*Stay with us for a year in the prem then go for £40m. Who's the better player Flemming or £45m Gibbs-White?
Cherry picking Chelsea will have their eyes all over him atm, Zian needs to slow down a bit ;)

A couple of comments from the PNE forum

Just looked Flemming up on wiki, and boy has he got some great stats.

I did that when they signed him - looked like a good ‘un!

A couple of comments from the PNE forum

Just looked Flemming up on wiki, and boy has he got some great stats.

I did that when they signed him - looked like a good ‘un!
Wonder if there is any other decent players we can poach from he's former club ?

I have been saying for years that the club should be looking for young players from the Dutch,Belgian and French leagues. Their academies are top class and some gems can be found with clubs’ fringe players.
I agree but it's still an uphill battle. Most of the decent young Belgian players are snapped up by Club Brugge, Anderlecht, Genk or Gent. If they succeed there, it's usually off to the PL, Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga. If they fail, then they probably won't make it in the C'ship; the Jupiler league outside of the top 6 is pretty ropey.

The club deserves a lot of credit for getting Fleming (esp. for only £1.7m).

One player I noticed a few seasons back was Ike Ugbo. He scored a bucket load on loan (from Chelsea) at a crap side, Cercle Brugge. Got a (relatively) big money transfer to Genk but his career has gone downhill since. Currently on loan at FC Troyes where he doesn't appear to be pulling up any trees. Would be a risk but might be worth a punt at the right price/ loan in January. Born and raised in Lewisham so he should know what we are about. 24 so approaching the 'make or break' stage for him.

I agree but it's still an uphill battle. Most of the decent young Belgian players are snapped up by Club Brugge, Anderlecht, Genk or Gent. If they succeed there, it's usually off to the PL, Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga. If they fail, then they probably won't make it in the C'ship; the Jupiler league outside of the top 6 is pretty ropey.

One player I noticed a few seasons back was Ike Ugbo. He scored a bucket load on loan (from Chelsea) at a crap side, Cercle Brugge. Got a (relatively) big money transfer to Genk but his career has gone downhill since. Currently on loan at FC Troyes where he doesn't appear to be pulling up any trees. Would be a risk but might be worth a punt at the right price/ loan in January. Born and raised in Lewisham so he should know what we are about. 24 so approaching the 'make or break' stage for him.

Apparently GR was after Flemming for some time, i agree, the club done amazing to sign him.